Saturday, December 20th, 2014

- It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

AutoSport
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm 
Riding on 17's

We can now confirm our final Event, a Family-Day affair, carded for 21st December at ARC Car Park.

The general layout will be the same as we normally do for a competitive Event.

What is carded for the day?
Set up by 11:00am
Runs from 11:15am to 4:00pm.
We may adjust the course depending on the times being run, safety, accuracy.

4:00pm to 4:59pm Presentation of Trophies won from Events #8, #9 and #10.
Presentation of End of Year Championship Awards.
5:00pm - Socializing with everyone, remember it is getting darker by 5:30pm, and we still have to “undo” all infrastructure that is set up.

The 2015 D&W Course returns to the original DRAG then Wind concept. The new course will be laid out for competitors to run. Give us a chance to fine-tune. No competition, but will still keep competitors in 2014 Classes in the beginning and then have “fun-runs” or “grudge challenges” later on.

May even experiment with another suggestion of competitor running course ONE lap only. Immediately switching to the next side. Run again, ONE lap only. And the sum total of both left and right runs will be your actual time. Takes away any concern of unequal course layout.

Our Tasty Chef Café will be present on the day.
We shall NOT be having a briefing meeting? So we must take confirmation of participation, and Tent bookings by email, text, phone, DHL or FeDex!
All standard Safety checks and safety requirements will be enforced.

This Event will incur the standard set-up costs so we shall be charging competitors $150.00, and there will be an entry fee of the normal $30.00. Tents will be available at the same cost of $300.00.

It is envisaged that some will be coming with their pots and pans and ingredients to show-off culinary skills, maybe we can have a “curry-duck” type cooking challenge?
I am volunteering to be the first Judge!
And Rae wants to be the 2nd one! Sorry, no more judges needed.

And we did speak of the start of a new swap-meet where competitors can bring some of those parts they may have bought and no longer find useful and may wish to sell or exchange with others. Turbos? Exhausts? Down pipes? Hoses? Plugs? Seats? Whatever… you may just find a willing buyer.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Ignorant Ignis
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:21 pm 
punchin NOS

will confirm on wed night if my new set up will be ready for testing on sunday ..... looking forward to this

HN Racing
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:29 am 
Ricer

Swap-meet on the 21st?

matthew2730mvp
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:06 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

will their be a drift display?
Also will like to suggest for 2015 a all females class :):)

Aaron 2NR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:14 pm 
2NR phototakerouter

i there but not with the car.....

MICROTECH 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:57 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Aaron 2NR wrote:
i there but not with the car.....

I can't believe you're not going to test the new course.

What happened to the car ?

Aaron 2NR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:13 pm 
2NR phototakerouter

just got it back from the mech...new clutch...wont be ready...i may be driving another car tho....

MICROTECH 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:15 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Aaron 2NR wrote:
just got it back from the mech...new clutch...wont be ready...i may be driving another car tho....

I'm sure you had some clutch left since the last D/W but I hear yuh done it racing in a straight line.

Anyone who is interested in the 2015 D/W series should make an effort to experience the new course and test their skill and machine's performance.

As a family day with grudge matches you have the opportunity to do this without competition pressure to try different set ups and suspension tweaking/boost levels.

The first event is January next month, the drivers attending Sunday, will have the edge.

Aaron 2NR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:25 am 
2NR phototakerouter

haha nah clutch got damaged in October during the brand attack, a rivet broken on the clutch plate....