Forums

Seaboard Marine CMRC Wallerfield Trinidad 2015

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Seaboard Marine CMRC Wallerfield Trinidad 2015

Postby Bezman » July 1st, 2015, 2:54 pm

cacasplat3 wrote:$400/hr sounds more like what a club will have to pay to use the facility on a given trackday, not what each participant will have to pay. i.e. $4k-$5k per day of use.

there is no way i'm spending $400 an hour to use a track unless i'm the only driver on it.

emergency services should be mandatory as long as anyone uses the track. event promoters will need to sort that out.

time to start looking at building a 450cc supermoto Image

no offense, but if you cant afford to pay $400 for an hour of racing, you prob cant afford the brake pads, tires and safety gear to run for an hour.. most people will run 4-5- laps (2 of them hot) and then return to pits and do this maybe 3 times an hour. which is ALLOT on a street car setup..

pete wrote:One hour is too much time. Unless it's say four 15 minute sessions. Imagine 30 guys show up, how many you going to put on the track at the same time? Most cars could probably handle 15 mins tops anyway. The supercar race was 9 mins long.

One hour is the standard everywhere, and is controlled by only sending out groups of 10-15 at a time per hour, they run in speed/time classes, so everyone should be the same speed, staggered starts (20 secs apart), no overtaking unless someone breaks down/spins, marshals will be needed for safety flags for overtaking/caution etc..

the track needs to make atleast $24,000 a day on free run days (10ppl x 8 hours) x 400 = $24,0000
to rent the track would cost you about 2-5k a day and you would still be sharing with about 4-5 others in the same class. 10k for private test days alone on the track..

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 1st, 2015, 3:38 pm

Bezman wrote:no offense, but if you cant afford to pay $400 for an hour of racing, you prob cant afford the brake pads, tires and safety gear to run for an hour.. most people will run 4-5- laps (2 of them hot) and then return to pits and do this maybe 3 times an hour. which is ALLOT on a street car setup..
grateful for the carpark where skills could have been learnt and talent developed, as opposed to qualifying by buying time.

Bezman

Postby Bezman » July 1st, 2015, 3:49 pm

carpark days were the best, but also had their fair share of dangerous incidents (i myself flew off the track and got into some minor fender benders etc) and this was back in the day when a 14 sec street car was fast.

If you visit bushy park, you will see we have a LONG way to go, and i am afraid that unless a company can be formed to run this, in the interest of the company and track!!, and NOT a club, then this will all be too many roosters trying to run the hen house.

the track needs to be run like a private enterprise, all cheques and balances accounted for, i not paying cash, i wanna use linx etc, make sure money goes back into the company that is in charge of running the track.. i wanna see VAT on my bills in a year time.. understand where i am going with this

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 1st, 2015, 4:08 pm

+ yearly audited accounts....

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 1st, 2015, 4:49 pm

The purpose of an NSO is to develop the sport. If money can be made by having one or two big events a month with a percentage of gate fees going back to the association, that money can be used to reduce the costs for practice days etc. A drag event bringing with just 1500 spectators might generate 120 to 150k at the gate. If promoters need to pay 20 to 30% of that the association will make 24k to use for other things.

However afaik this was the reason for the whole break up to start with. Some promoters found it unfair that other forms of the sport were taking their money and their discipline was not being developed.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 1st, 2015, 5:00 pm

Bezman wrote: i am afraid that unless a company can be formed to run this, in the interest of the company and track!!, and NOT a club, then this will all be too many roosters trying to run the hen house.

you're one of the brighter guys here, and I'm sure you know the history of Wallerfield, and why it declined after the heydays of the 1970s, to the point where circuit racing died...I'll humble with dex to get my jollies for now...as I suspect many others will, not necessarily by choice...

Bezman

Postby Bezman » July 1st, 2015, 5:10 pm

pete wrote:The purpose of an NSO is to develop the sport. If money can be made by having one or two big events a month with a percentage of gate fees going back to the association, that money can be used to reduce the costs for practice days etc. A drag event bringing with just 1500 spectators might generate 120 to 150k at the gate. If promoters need to pay 20 to 30% of that the association will make 24k to use for other things.

However afaik this was the reason for the whole break up to start with. Some promoters found it unfair that other forms of the sport were taking their money and their discipline was not being developed.

this is exactly why a private company/firm needs to be created/hired to run this.. as i see it, its too many people with too many different interest/ideas, some of whom are not the best or most successful business ppl and make some bad decisions, and most of the time decisions are made emotionally and not rationally. The ppl who run the tracks affairs need to do it from a business stand point and not thinking about what club gonna benefit the most etc. As a business its focus will be making money and making more money.

I'll be honest, my company handles the marketing of some big automotive big brands locally, with BIG budgets to spend, few of the brands are HUGE in motor sport, (hint hint - one of which just won le mans), unless this wallerfield track situation can be sorted out, with a sound business plan and direction, i can't see myself convincing any of them to spend hundreds of thousands or millions on the sponsorships of events, series, race cars or the whole track itself, unless we have a really organized group of individuals with a precise set of skills who are successful business owners and operators in their own rights to take this to another level.

the track needs to look and function in a certian way, if a company is formed to manage and run the track, they can go take a $5 million+ loan once they have a good business plan etc, and put things into place, and the track will easily pay back the loan in a year or so... but a huge capital investment is needed... now..

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 1st, 2015, 9:56 pm

16 cycles wrote:before any pricing scheme comes out etc....

i might have missed it, but is there an official document from the government that states wallerfield will be used for racing and if so, under what terms and agreements?
yes, there is a lease document stating that the facility is leased to TTASA for a period of 2 years to be used for motor racing

contact TTASA if you'd like to see a copy

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 2nd, 2015, 9:30 am

so if I cut thru the bush on a tuesday morning and do some laps, robert go jail mih?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 2nd, 2015, 8:53 pm

MG Man wrote:so if I cut thru the bush on a tuesday morning and do some laps, robert go jail mih?
faster than the 40yo will pay yuh to striptease.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 3rd, 2015, 1:55 am

like they already had drag racing at Wallerfield

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » July 3rd, 2015, 4:22 pm

So how much they paid per hour?

brandonology1
Sweet on this forum

Postby brandonology1 » July 3rd, 2015, 4:30 pm

Hahahahha... that looks like something out of top gear

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 3rd, 2015, 5:10 pm

That drag race was epic...missing a mack in that mix..

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 5th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » July 5th, 2015, 8:29 pm

great job Duane and Team....kudos

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » July 5th, 2015, 9:48 pm

sweet vid.....only missing some engine sounds....but great editing and shots!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”