Tuesday, September 30th, 2014



- It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Jump to:  


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
sweeks
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:58 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 1652
Location: Central
Walks in

*sigh*

Walks out.


Top
 Profile  
 
Jon_One
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 pm 
Offline
Sweet on this forum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:52 am
Posts: 257
Location: switchin lanes in muh tubodong gokart
that track lookin rell nice.. cant wait to get bak muh van...


Top
 Profile  
 
*Phoenix*
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:45 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:02 pm
Posts: 1543
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
venum
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:10 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 3:19 pm
Posts: 5761
Location: San Fernando
Fire_Fighter786 wrote:
Easy to bash a Hilux when he is without company. Doh feel the Mafia not watching eh!
8-)


seems like teh mafia threw him out to teh wolves

figured if they didn't kill him, he would do it himself

and he did try jumping off the edge of a cliff


Top
 Profile  
 
biggy82
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:08 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 1193
Location: hunting raccoons......
venum wrote:
Fire_Fighter786 wrote:
Easy to bash a Hilux when he is without company. Doh feel the Mafia not watching eh!
8-)


seems like teh mafia threw him out to teh wolves

figured if they didn't kill him, he would do it himself

and he did try jumping off the edge of a cliff

oh no he didnt!!

**passes venum flame suit**

:twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
323_wagon_dude
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:03 pm
Posts: 752
Location: Right here
venum wrote:
Fire_Fighter786 wrote:
Easy to bash a Hilux when he is without company. Doh feel the Mafia not watching eh!
8-)


seems like teh mafia threw him out to teh wolves

figured if they didn't kill him, he would do it himself

and he did try jumping off the edge of a cliff


FireFighter, don't study them eh...

I was having a Found Off Road Ded moment....
:twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
*Phoenix*
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:23 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:02 pm
Posts: 1543
I ent taking them on one bit.
The next trail will do the talking.
:twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
MadCrix
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:31 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:46 pm
Posts: 3474
Location: Missing the ride
next trail add another l200 to teh mix


Top
 Profile  
 
bleedingfreak
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:35 am
Posts: 2216
venum wrote:
Fire_Fighter786 wrote:
Easy to bash a Hilux when he is without company. Doh feel the Mafia not watching eh!
8-)


seems like teh mafia threw him out to teh wolves

figured if they didn't kill him, he would do it himself

and he did try jumping off the edge of a cliff


Not really...

We know the KING of the Off Road could stand on its own... So we send him as representative...

But venum tell the ppl the real reason you stick is cause u wanted to play bad man and run thru there in 2WD... ent? Talk the truth nah...


Top
 Profile  
 
*Phoenix*
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:02 pm
Posts: 1543
:twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
venum
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:56 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 3:19 pm
Posts: 5761
Location: San Fernando
bleedingfreak wrote:
But venum tell the ppl the real reason you stick is cause u wanted to play bad man and run thru there in 2WD... ent? Talk the truth nah...


truth is a lot of that trail is 2H - the longer straight sections with clearly marked wheel ruts etc

but the muddy corners - 4H


Top
 Profile  
 
sureshot_james
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:02 pm 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 158
I ran all of the trail in 2h only engaged 4h to pull out elle. I didn't even turn off my ac. most of the trail was not bad only a few corners that is you didn't have mud tires or clearence you would need 4x4 (unless uh hum your wesley) anyway fords had the day like it or not. And even a 22'' (pretty truck) went a long ways into the trail. Props to the navarra riding on 22's gonna have to rethink my pretty boys truck remark. Anyway anyone who wants to test their mettle drop me a line I go out almost every weekend. (only thing broke so far is a right front dif/ axle seal) fun run can't wait for the next one. BTW if anyone wants recovery gear come get it fast I am almost out of stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
bleedingfreak
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:35 am
Posts: 2216
sureshot_james wrote:
I ran all of the trail in 2h only engaged 4h to pull out elle. I didn't even turn off my ac. most of the trail was not bad only a few corners that is you didn't have mud tires or clearence you would need 4x4 (unless uh hum your wesley) anyway fords had the day like it or not. And even a 22'' (pretty truck) went a long ways into the trail. Props to the navarra riding on 22's gonna have to rethink my pretty boys truck remark. Anyway anyone who wants to test their mettle drop me a line I go out almost every weekend. (only thing broke so far is a right front dif/ axle seal) fun run can't wait for the next one. BTW if anyone wants recovery gear come get it fast I am almost out of stock.


people dont understand how crucial mud tires are. We have those same Kumhos on our Mazdas in work... We dont have to use 4WD for anything but the most demanding application. Not even Las Cuevas trail needs to be done in 4H anymore.

The difference between All Terrain and Mud Terrain is... wow...


Top
 Profile  
 
venum
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:02 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 3:19 pm
Posts: 5761
Location: San Fernando
bleedingfreak, them Mazdas got LSD :?:

just asking cuz it is evident that Elle doesn't or it isn't working

thinking bout getting LSD as this will boost her capability without having to go all out and get a locking diff


Top
 Profile  
 
MadCrix
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:25 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:46 pm
Posts: 3474
Location: Missing the ride
just get mud tires venum, thats what i run daily.

till now have not gotten stuck.. keepign fingers crossed and i have driven through some stuff that i was really afraid of


Top
 Profile  
 
Yeo
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 am 
Offline
TriniTuner 24-7
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 7:36 pm
Posts: 26502
Location: Far Rockaway, NY
Lovin the vids!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
madman2961
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:18 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:56 am
Posts: 244
Location: Tunapuna
venum wrote:
bleedingfreak, them Mazdas got LSD :?:

just asking cuz it is evident that Elle doesn't or it isn't working

thinking bout getting LSD as this will boost her capability without having to go all out and get a locking diff


that is weird...
have you done any checks?
does your rear diff make noise when cornering?


Top
 Profile  
 
bleedingfreak
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:35 am
Posts: 2216
venum wrote:
bleedingfreak, them Mazdas got LSD :?:

just asking cuz it is evident that Elle doesn't or it isn't working

thinking bout getting LSD as this will boost her capability without having to go all out and get a locking diff


Yes, all the Mazdas and Fords, and Hilux have LSD...

but... MUD tyres!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
wagon r
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:47 pm
Posts: 8408
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....
^ are all well and great but most of us use our vans daily, where M/T won't be the best thing to drive on.

the ultimate solution would be to have a spare set of rims and mount M/T to them, come a diesel run, you switch.

...you also have to take into context clearance issues and cost of replacement - a full set of tyres and how long they will last vs a set of A/Ts


...james or wes could give feedback on M/Ts.


Top
 Profile  
 
bleedingfreak
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:06 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:35 am
Posts: 2216
wagon r wrote:
^ are all well and great but most of us use our vans daily, where M/T won't be the best thing to drive on.

the ultimate solution would be to have a spare set of rims and mount M/T to them, come a diesel run, you switch.

...you also have to take into context clearance issues and cost of replacement - a full set of tyres and how long they will last vs a set of A/Ts

...james or wes could give feedback on M/Ts.


Yes, agreed! If your personal situation requires / allows or affords a set of off road / mud tyres. Then by all means yes. Same applies for other recovery equipment, winches, etc.

My job requires I have these tools to function. But personally, no.

This is why when considering the routes, plotting or charting the courses of our excursions we take into considerations what facilities are available, if required, and the skill level involved to negoitate comfortably, on tarmac and off road terrain.

People who make comments about our runs sounding boring, need to understand that if you DO get into trubble, you better well know how to get your ass out of it!

Daily Rant Complete.

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
venum
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:23 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 3:19 pm
Posts: 5761
Location: San Fernando
bleedingfreak wrote:
This is why when considering the routes, plotting or charting the courses of our excursions we take into considerations what facilities are available, if required, and the skill level involved to negoitate comfortably, on tarmac and off road terrain.

People who make comments about our runs sounding boring, need to understand that if you DO get into trubble, you better well know how to get your ass out of it!


x 2

also remember that the only way to know how to get your ass outta a situation is to practice getting out of situations

which would mean getting into situations, then getting out - the learning experience

but let's not misinterpret that statement - do not go and do craziness and then try to get out - that is madness

only them TTORC men with really prepped and equipped vehicles could do that

with teh right gear though we can learn bit by bit


Top
 Profile  
 
Slack
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:18 pm 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 100
LOL @ boring run. It was everything thing else other than that. Practice does make perfect. I think i will take up james offer to make runs a litle more often and learn a bit more about this thing called off roadin..... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
venum
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:05 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 3:19 pm
Posts: 5761
Location: San Fernando
^ ^ ^ good idea there Slack

James seems to know his stuff, we can learn a lot from him

TTORC can also help as they have teaching sessions sometimes (check their website), which are really educational, I may go to a few when next they having

But like 3Stage said, unless you have a fully outfitted rig, you can't go anywhere else with them


Top
 Profile  
 
biggy82
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:27 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 1193
Location: hunting raccoons......
James is the reason that we went as far as we did. it would have been sheer suicide otherwise.

and the 22s ent have a scratch on them either eh :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
MadCrix
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:39 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:46 pm
Posts: 3474
Location: Missing the ride
yea thinking of taking up james offer as well


Top
 Profile  
 
nicholaz53
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:41 am 
Offline
Ricer

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 28
Location: south
hey guys is it possible for me and the mrs to make the next run wth you guys?


Top
 Profile  
 
Cooper
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:47 am
Posts: 1538
Dude, you just have to come prepared. Must have a Diesel Pickup (4x4 preferred for off-road runs)


Top
 Profile  
 
bleedingfreak
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:35 am
Posts: 2216
Cooper wrote:
Dude, you just have to come prepared. Must have a Diesel Pickup (4x4 preferred for off-road runs)


Dont mislead ppl nah boy

This is not about off-roading, this is about experiencing the country. Off roading is not required, not mandatory to come on a run.

Many have hopped a ride with others when we go beach runs, etc.

So dont exclude anyone.

We just united by diesel not diffs


Top
 Profile  
 
bleedingfreak
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:04 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:35 am
Posts: 2216
Slack wrote:
LOL @ boring run. It was everything thing else other than that. Practice does make perfect. I think i will take up james offer to make runs a litle more often and learn a bit more about this thing called off roadin..... :lol:


I find allyuh fellas real put me out in the cold fast boy...


Top
 Profile  
 
Cooper
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:19 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:47 am
Posts: 1538
bleedingfreak wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Dude, you just have to come prepared. Must have a Diesel Pickup (4x4 preferred for off-road runs)


Dont mislead ppl nah boy

This is not about off-roading, this is about experiencing the country. Off roading is not required, not mandatory to come on a run.

Many have hopped a ride with others when we go beach runs, etc.

So dont exclude anyone.

We just united by diesel not diffs


I'm not misleading. I think what I said was clear enough.....you noticed the use of the (brackets) and the word 'preferred'...didn't think I had to spell it out for the man 8-)


...you sure you not drinking the power steering fliud :?: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Registered users: 25 to LIFE, 666, 687, amosknights, aprilfest, autozam, biggz99, Bing [Bot], blandscaping, bootmee, BrianBoodlal, C33_RB20DET, Calor, car boys, Carbon12, cjsplayboy, CocaineMachine, colipark, Cross Blood, Dennis61, dkhan946, dlittlelion, dude2014, Exabot [Bot], geodude, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, halfadougla, iamsam, important, insidious76, jamesnewton, jayakamarksman, jobs12, jppk, KAI boi - The Next Level, ken1702, kinghenry, Kongorealm, LittleKing, lost to all, madpeoplebizniss, mazda9524, mickel15, Midnight_Demon, mud_spartanz, nere, Nissan_Man13, noyztoyz, nutzman, onyx, paggie34, paul85, porker, ramkissoon11, rollingstock, Samo, searchingone, sexyleo797, shadowoftheday, shady23, sharonjohn, shyne00, silver, SINGHAUTO, sinistersam, skylinechild, Smurfy1, speed2, streetbeastINC., streetpunk, SurGTR, Tech Republic, Ted_v2, tercelp, the skoda guy, Titan Procurement Ltd., tr1ad, Trapstr, trinimoses, trysen, turboconch2, turbod, turboturnsmeon2, VexXx Dogg, VIcivic, vipervega, virusfound, vtec-ghost, WarrLordd, wing, Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
3NE-2NR