TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Side B Runs - Arima to Blanchessiuse (Pics)

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Side B Runs - Arima to Blanchessiuse (Pics)

Postby 3stagevtec » June 26th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Arima - Blanchessiuse
Sunday 12th Nov, 2010

lighthammer wrote:Image

This is gonna be our run, starting from Arima and the Arima bye-pass road, onto the Arima/Blanchisseuse road, all the way up to la croix and past to Blanchisseuse, then heading westward to maracas. Looks like a long winding drive, and would last us about 2-3 hours depengin on our pace plus rest-stops.

From maracas, you guys should be able to take care of yourselves - either stay and lime on the beach or head out to other arrangements.

But be sure to show up early or on-time to our meeting place in the morning so we can all leave on time and have lots of time to explore/play/take pics.

originalbling wrote:Thanks to all that turned out - was good and everyone came out in one piece.

hold a few pics here...

convoy on the move

off all the places dey coulda find to park dey had to park dey?

So we reach out to Blanchissuese and head past the spring bridge into 4x4 country...

had to abandon a planned drive/walk to the beach since the terrain was a bit... challenging...

let the initiation begin...

Poor D40

lighthammer had quite a time with his new truck...

the videos tell a better story - will try to see how i can resize and upload later :D

lighthammer wrote:Image

First time I see a Navara get rocked out of a rut....

Thanks for the help guys, couldn't have done it without the support and help of the newbie-dieselboyz!

(btw, I still maintain that it was due to my stock high-way bias tyres... :D :D )

lighthammer wrote:^^^ Who's idea was it to go up the MUDDY, CLAY-LADEN, WATER-SOGGED acute-angle hill in the first place???

I wake up early this morning thinking "ok, this is gonna be an easy run, gonna just be driving through forest on paved and broken road... no sweat".
Little did we know what lay in store.

Dunman - nah boy, we almost made it to the paria beach, but we all were concerned about the amount of soggy clay we had to climb back through and we were watching the daylight - t'was about 12:45pm and we were afraid we'd get stuck into the evening.

4 vans get stuck in a HUGE rut full of clay going back up a cliff-face with a track and then a 30-foot drop right next to it....

- 3stagevtec; white grand vitara (had to winch himself out)
- droppa; Hilux Surf with 1KV engine (made it 3/4 the way, had to be winched out by 3Stagevtec)
- myself - got stuck in the ruts that were deepened by the two guys who powered through them before me....
- Originalbling and his buddy with the black B2500 who made it past the ginormous ruts, but got stuck against the side of a mountain as he bounced out of a muddy hole and onto a slope, then getting stuck into the irrigation ditch to the side.

So fellas - here's to you guys, the day was OURS!!! :drinking: :drinking:

And thanks to Rutless Tiida, JhonnieBlue, Droppa, and esp. 3stage for getting the noobs back out and safely home (well, safely to maracas for bake & shark).

I got about 200+ pics, gonna try to sort out some now.
I think I'll drive to work tomorrow with the Navara covered in Clay & mud.... see what kinda reactions I get (besides I too tired to go wash it).
My parents gonna kill me when they see it later tonite ("what did you DO to your BRAND NEW pickup?????).

Rutless Tiida wrote:I reached a little late
We left at 7:45am
We got diverted through Arima.
We quickly reached the farms
Driving thru the forest

First major photo stop
We made a pit stop in a river
We tried to go to the river at another spot. But we were blocked by a chain across the road...
We reached the spring bridge and kept going
Another photo op stop.
We went up a hill it was mad....
I just kept going and going and going...
The ranger didn't want to get scratched up.
But he made it.
We then heard that the others were turning around so we went back to see why.....
This what we saw.
That was some mud...
The Nav tried to get out after Droppa and 3stage dug up the road...
It did not go smooth.
I got out with a little push.

droppa wrote:1. Ruthless Tiida - "My name is Ruthless Tiida, i am the newbie navigata/instigata cos i am the only newbie with a DB T-shirt, newbies roll out"

2. lighthammer - "I have a brand spankin new Navara, and i will show you guys what stock sheit tire CANT do"

3. 3stagevtec - "I am the official newbie rescue Vitara, equipped with my Warn Winch, Calmini kit, K&N Filters, Tow strap, and hell of a wonderful lady"

4. Jeremy Mohd - "I am the only FORD of the newbies and I was damn impressive, all the way without any assistance"

5. jhonnieblue - " I am the 4X2 Nav of the newbies and who got stuck, damn i need A/Ts, in converse, and ah pickka chukka mee"

6. originalbling - " I am the original phototakeouter of the newbies, radio equipped and all, riding along with my B2500 CB radio buddy, who lost his offroad virginity on this splendid run"

7. droppa - " I am the only Toyota with a sick 4WD, made it 3/4 way until i was totally grounded, and had to be snatched out"

droppa wrote:some more action

More info here..

http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=347442&p=4977520#p4977520

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Side B Runs - Arima to Blanchessiuse (Pics)

Postby 3stagevtec » June 26th, 2011, 4:07 pm

lighthammer wrote:Alright guys, here's some of my pics. Half the time I was too busy trying to get the big Nav unstuck, chopping trees & logs, helping others get unstuck, etc. etc.

Meeting at the old piarco airport

Meet & greet

Rutless Tiida just itching to go off-road... and we now leaving the meeting point, lol.

Epic views from up here...

First river we came across....

Walking to the river

3stagevtec just HAD to go do it.....

Parking it hard, in a river

Ranger came down to park too!

Then a B2500

Went a bit too far, but that's ok, he's in a Mazda

Parking it hard.

Time to go

JhonnieBlue went and park up in the people's farm, and of all places de man gone in the muddy part of the lawn, :D :D :D

Back tyres spinning...

The most action the 4x2 Nav saw for the day :lol: :lol:
Time for some toyo's boy Jhonnie!

Unfortunately our convoy's trip down to another river was stopped by a heavy chain.
You shall not pass!

Springbridge

Rutless Tiida is the first to cross. Had to do it one-by-one, that bridge rickety!

Ranger next

... 3stageVtec makes his way across

Followed by Droppa in the hilux surf

Photo-op

After climbing this soggy mud/clay hill. Got stuck a couple times but was able to power-up the hill in 4x4 - hi-range.

Droppa making his way through the slush

The mazda b2500 sporting some MUD...

After this point... I didn't get much pictures of us getting stuck on the hillside incline. It was basically a narrow track, with a set of deep ruts plus a 30-40 foot drop off to the left. We mostly made it down the hill and up the other side, but decided to turn back seeing that the mud/clay was really deep and we thought we'd have trouble getting back up. Didn't want to burn too much daylight and end up still struggling to get out (which is exactly what happened). Thank goodness for veterans like 3stageVtec, and the winch on the Grand Vitara! If it weren't for him, Droppa, Original Bling and I would have been in REAL trouble!!

Some more pics.... after getting unstuck.

Parked it on the hillside, so I could go get some logs to fill in the deep ruts

I dunno how Originalbling and his pardna (this is his friend's van, and he isn't even on the forums!) got stuck into the side-ditch. He needed to be towed out by 3StageVtec, and thank goodness for the sidesteps on the van, cuz those things really saved the bodywork! Watch how the van almost leaning against the mountain...

3StageVtec to the rescue!!!

Letting the Nav rest after her first scary ordeal :) :)
That long-wheelbase really not ideal for hardcore off-roading, but we made it !! (with some help)

After the Nav, Hilux Surf and B2500 got unstuck, the other guys made it out relatively ok. We went back to spring bridge and then off to Maracas Bay for some well-earned bake & shark by Richards.

The man with the CLEANEST van out of all of us.....
JhonnieBlue's nav was 4x2, but that's ok, he rode with me - Nissan Powah!

The state of the inside of my Nav. New Car smell + muddy trail smell = bleh!

One Nav clean, one Nav dirty :D

OriginalBling's pardna going to bathe in Maracas, to wash off the muddy trail. This guy well into radio operation, has a CB radio in his B2500. Thanks to OriginalBling for providing us with the Walkie Talkies - those things came in very handy.

ImageImage
Brought some of the trail with us....

And that was the "Initiation of the Newbies"! We all thought it was gonna be a nice, easy run all the way on paved road. Boy were we wrong! This turned out to be a proper, full-fledged diesel boyz run, very challenging for the newbies!
But thank goodness we all made it out safe, we all came out relatively unscathed, no one was injured, no one's vehicle got badly damaged, and we all had a lot of fun.

Thanks for the great company guys, t'was awesome and I can't wait to go on the next Diesel Boyz run!

(I definitely have to change out the stock tyres on the Nav - those Toyo's looking REAL GOOD.... lol )

Advertisement

Return to “Off Road Runs”