TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Side B Runs - Carmelita Falls + TTRC Rally Stages (Pics)

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Side B Runs - Carmelita Falls + TTRC Rally Stages (Pics)

Postby 3stagevtec » June 26th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Our 2nd Run was to Carmelita Falls + TTRC Rally Stages
Sunday January 23rd 2011

lighthammer wrote:OK guys.... here's the satellite map for our Rally Stage for tomorrow....

3stagevtec wrote:I not gonna lie, that rallying was fun! If we could have found a slightly smoother stage, it would have been ideal. The the amount of competition I saw, with some insanely close times considering the stage length, never would have guessed this was a friendly matchup.. lol

I got the times!
Name - Vehicle - 1st attempt - 2nd attempt
Jeremy - Ranger - 3:16:44 - 3:28:04
Rotated - Hilux - 4:12:13 (off course) - 3:27:07
Speedaholic - L200 - 4:04:03 - 3:50:02
Dunman - Navara - 3:48:52 - 3:26:03
Lighthammer - Navara - 4:21:03 - 4:01:05

1st - Jeremy 3:16:44
2nd - Dunman 3:26:03
3rd - Rotated 3:27:07
4th - Speedaholic 3:50:02
5th - Lighthammer 4:01:05

Like I said, considering the length of the stage, those are some competitive times there! Jeremy just in a class of this own, somehow I believe he has a Group A rally car disguised as a Ford Ranger.. Rotated really impressed, showing that the Hilux on 24"s is not just for show. I was also certain he would have had some problems in the mud at Indian Trail, but boy was I proven wrong.. twice.. lol

and Dunman, I dunno what to say nah.. He improved his time by ~22seconds over his 1st run, which was already impressive considering the terrain and HT tyres he had. Everyone was shocked when I called out the time on your second pass. Nicely done!

Speedy deserves alot of credit for his posted time considering he had one of the least powerful trucks there and was running on slicks from what I saw.. lol. an improvement of 14seconds over your 1st run was not bad either..

Lighthammer, yuh stall the van again! I feel Nissan cheat yuh a few lb-ft of torque in that Nav.. :mrgreen:

lighthammer wrote:Right so here's some of the pics, had to sort through them and then upload.

Had a late start, some guys woke up late, our navigator to carmelita falls was a bit late too.

The drive through Gasparillo was nice, cool scenery. The entrance to the falls was hidden though, you'd miss it if you didn't know where to look.

Hiking down to the falls.

And then, on to the Preysal Rally Stage

Jeremy on his first lap - the quickest lap of all. We TOLD him to take it easy, and what does he do? Goes all flat out, gunning that 3.0L 155HP, 280lbf/t torque Ranger all the way.... crazy ranger drivers...

Hilux on 24's went next - a next crazy driver :)

[imgwh640:480]http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/lighthammer69/DSC_1180.jpg[/imgwh]
Some of the guys decided to take it easy this time around and sit it out...

Official Time Keeper

Speedy shows how he got his name... in a 4x2 low-rider L200 with slick tyres...

What's meh time dey??

The first of the big nav's to run - DB newbie, Dunman. Check the swagger nah - dat's the walk of a man who found his calling... 8-)

These newbies getting addicted to the sport - Diesel Powah!

We all had fun on the Rally Stage.... good job guys, and I'm glad to report that no one got injured, nor did any damage occur from the run.

Then we hit the TrailBlazer's "king of the hill" trail to do some hill-climbing.

Even speedy in his slick 4x2 made it up to the parking area atop the hill

Ranger showing who's king of the hill

3stage and Dunman going off to scout the trail

What a nice day

Back from scouting, 3stagevtech heads off into the bush to blaze the trail again and hit the advanced hill climb.

Got stuck for a bit but was able to claw his way out and up the trail

Phew!

Ranger goes for it, and makes it out with a bit of help. Those toyo's really biting into the mud!

THe Mazda makes it on its own

And the Hilux makes it out, on 24-inch rims. Not a bad performance of newcomer "Rotated". De man earn my respect with those rims and tyres - just goes to show not all trails need off-road m/t's to make it.

A very good run guys, and I'm glad we all enjoyed it and were safe. Congrats to the two new guys who came out and gave it a shot. You could see in their eyes that they becoming addicted to the sport and I sincerely hope to see you guys again on a next run.

To everyone else, thanks for coming out, sorry about the late start - and see you on the next trail!!

speedaholic wrote:hold dat!!

cvt-7_RR wrote:What a day! So first off, Great Day guys. Everything went well with no problems or incidents. The trip to the waterfall was a nice drive and to get to the actual water was a nice hike. Even got a nice memory to remember it by (bamboo poked my ear). I didn't climb to the top of the falls so I'm not sure what it's like up there. Some pics of the falls:

Going down the hill to get to the falls.

The first 3 curious explorers.

To the left of the falls.

There are tuners on top the falls!

If I had clothes I might have taken a quick swim just to see how deep it really was but sadly I had none and we didn't have much time for that. Nice place though.

Next up was the rally stages. Now this was fun. I would have competed with the Mazda B2500 but as 3stagevtec said, if only it was slightly smoother. I now got the van and don't want to damage anything that I can't afford to repair. I'll have to represent the Mazda power eventually. Can't let the Fords dominate. :mrgreen:
But seriously, Jeremy, yuh put yuh lead foot down. Your heart probably nearly jump out the window on your second run when you hit that pot hole on the second run I sure.

Dunman pulling up right behind showing the muscles in the big Nav. Buh wait nah, ent he had road tyres where as the Ranger had all terrains. Get some new tyres, you might be able to shave some time down if you could get the power to the gravel.

All I got to say for Rotated is, 24's!!!! Man changing my thoughts on having massive rims. I was wondering if those Penal size pot holes would kill those rims/tyres.

Then there is speedy, little power, high adrelin. He must have had the most fun on the rally track. From the moment he touch the gravel all hell broke loose on those poor tyres. When I first pulled up I was wondering if he was going to off-road with that in the mud. Then when we hit the rally stages, it all made sense. Lol.

Lighthammer, yuh hammer the throttle lightly. But to improve by 20 seconds, some people dream they could only do that in real. Good run.

Now I don't know what the racer excuses were, be it Lighthammer stop to take a picture on his first run, or Rotated going to check on the health of the dead dog, it was a close race. Next time, is to go up against those times.
Now for a few pictures:

Was waiting to get a picture of the gravel flying behind the 24's but he took it easy on his first run.

Not the best rally vehicle. But the old timer's spirit beats with arthritis.

Mazda VS Suzuki? I got more grunt, less weight, better tyres and a suspension to turn a corner. Lol.

The straight made famous by Jeremy.

The last event now. The mud!
The hill to get to the course was made interesting by watching speedy make it to the top. He proved his worth by getting to the top on those slicks. And is not like he waiting to see how everyone was managing, he was 2nd to go up. The L200 wukkin!

First to taste the mud pie was 3stagevtec. First to get stuck was 3stagevtec. Lol. He basically had to dig through the slushy layer of mud until he got deep enough for the harder mud all while running on all terrain which looked more like highway tyres after all that milage on them. Eventually, with some determination, he made it to the top of the hill. After that performance, it took him some good talking to get the next one in.

Next up, the rally veteren going to prove his worth in the mud. Those Toyo's seemed to be the talk from everyone. Will we get the same action as 3stagevtec? ...
Sigh. Not really. He drove in, and drove out. The main slush was cleared out so it was easier. Or was it the Toyo's getting on badd?

To find out, I went for a run. Second time this Mazda seeing this much mud. First time was just to get to the top of the hill to park and spectate the TrailBlazers run when everything was mud. Will the Michelin all terrains be the same. Yea. It was. 3stagevtec, yuh clear out all the fun!

Next was the 24's! Everyone was expecting some drama from him. That combination of 24's and mud isn't something we ever saw. However, Rotated rubbed it in our face by hitting the trail twice.

But the story doesn't end there, last up was Lighthammer in his Nav with highway tyres. I swear I was seeing a copy of 3stagevtec's run but with a bigger vehicle. We nearly had to bring his brand new shovel for him. Guess you stopped there also to show off the power of the Nav? If he had a little more momentum, he would have cleared the mud with no problems though. But the main attraction was him after making it to the top of the hill. That is how you pull off on a hill. Sure you didn't have problems getting your manual license. :mrgreen: You are the King Of The Hill.

The beginning.

Exploring the track.

Mud Plugger.

Success!!

New Decals.

Climbing the hill with added weight in the tray.

Mayday mayday, need some backup now! 3stagevtec on the way.

lighthammer wrote:for the guys that came, thanks for coming:
- 3stage - the veteren and resue vehicle
- 3stage brother... wash yuh fadder van boy!!
- jhonnieblue - playing it cool this time round
- Dunman (new navara get debuted in a rally, what a run!!)
- jeremy - crazy ranger driver who nearly lost it on the high-speed straight, good recovery though
- Speedaholic - man eager to run! Must be the mitsu blood and Evo heredity....
- Rotated - showing that even a Vigo on 24's can play off road.

Yea yea! I didn't stick at all.
Nice and clean. Now get the vehicle and look what I already doing to it. Lol.
Then again, allyuh now get new Navara's and bless it with some good mud.

As for general stinky:
That still waiting to be cleansed up to now. It still dropping dried mud under the house.

All in all, my verdict of the day:
When is the next run?

Dunman wrote:Okay, here are a few vids of the infamous last corner...

Unfortunately I didn't get the best of them all - the Hilux on 24's.

Rotated, I swear you took that corner sideways!!!

All in all guys, great day and great fun!
Last edited by 3stagevtec on June 26th, 2011, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Side B Runs - Carmelita Falls + TTRC Rally Stages

Postby 3stagevtec » June 26th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Dunman wrote:okay fellas,

I really forgot about dem king of the hill vids so thanks to Rotated for the reminder.

Firstly here's a vid to give a better indication of the angle of the slope. From my vids it appears flat but it is not.

Fortunately for our minirun, it was dry.

So on to side B...

Well we must thank 3stagevtec for finding, identifying and then clearing the track. Great leadership that us newbies appreciate.

3stagevtec returning from exploring and heading into the "spot".

then after clearing all the soft mud, climbing the hill...

This was followed by some Ford muscle on Toyos...

Then the mazda...

And Rotated representing for the Toyota men. On 24s and getting on badd!!! He actually went back around and did it twice.

And the Minister of Information himself showing Nissan Powah!!! So powerful that he decided to park at the top of the hill before pushing on. And this was before the Scorpions!

Only one fella failed to try (punk), although he told me never again.

lighthammer wrote:true true... well, I meant hiking in areas in which one of us knows the way - like how Mrcuddles guided us to carmelita falls :).

but yeah, the true essence of a DB run, either major or mini, is to explore and use the 4x4's (and sometimes 4x2!).

So the next set of runs could be:
- Morne Diablo Trail
- Devil's Woodyard
- heights of aripo pools.

Being that these are mini-runs, remember that it must be noob friendly or at least 4x2 friendly (most of it anyway). And at least one experienced member should be there too - 3stage is a regular so he's the default rescue vehicle. Doesn't always have to be him though.

Let's figure this thing out. I might be busy on the sunday after carnival though.... so maybe during Lent??

Advertisement

Return to “Off Road Runs”