TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Wiper Blade review thread.

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » December 15th, 2006, 12:25 pm

PIAA is the way to go Michelin blades / HS all them thing is crap if you comparing. PIAA wiperblades list price starts between $12.95-$25.00 usd on the model per pop. Let me know if you guys want any.

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/WiperBlades.html

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » December 15th, 2006, 12:41 pm

how long will that take w2j

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » December 15th, 2006, 12:43 pm

No thanks.. Michelin working good for a couple months now... :) If it lasts a year, I'll be grateful

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » December 15th, 2006, 12:45 pm

around now shipping is a buss. I wont be taking any new orders until next year.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » December 15th, 2006, 12:47 pm

aight cool, will let you know in the new year if i tryin the piaa

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » December 15th, 2006, 6:04 pm

bleedingfreak wrote:No thanks.. Michelin working good for a couple months now... :) If it lasts a year, I'll be grateful

LAst OEM i bought for my B14 lasted a yr before they started streaking. I going back OEM yes. Pricey though.

God Bless the Black Top*
Riding on 17's

Postby God Bless the Black Top* » December 15th, 2006, 6:58 pm

they make rubbers too?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » December 15th, 2006, 9:51 pm

W2J

You what happens when Sparngerz spot PIAA on your car

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » December 15th, 2006, 10:15 pm

PIAA is the way to go Michelin blades / HS all them thing is crap if you comparing. PIAA wiperblades list price starts between $12.95-$25.00 usd on the model per pop. Let me know if you guys want any.

I use the PIAA Super Sporza Wiper Blades (Carbon) on my car, and trust me, they work GREAT.

Just be sure to apply the silicone treatment to your windshield BEFORE using!!!!

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » December 16th, 2006, 1:45 am

You what happens when Sparngerz spot PIAA on your car

Do "sprangerz" even know what PIAA is????

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » December 16th, 2006, 9:12 am

^^^ I will let W2J answer that

art n motion
TriniTuner Crew

Postby art n motion » December 16th, 2006, 9:49 am

valeo is the real deal

where can I get those :?:

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » December 16th, 2006, 1:51 pm

laughlin and de gannes had a product called Clear View in a yellow bottle. that take win. last so long that since god alone knows when i bought the bottle it eh totally finish yet and i use it on my 3 vehicles and my neighboor used it on his and his wife's car too. wasnt even too expensive i gotta check and see if they still have it or if it gone out of stock.
going down de road to checkout the Michelin blades now.

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » December 16th, 2006, 5:46 pm

i so i got the Michelin’s installed on the car in record time at carplus earlier. cost was $129.90 (yea $130). i think it could be a waste of money for someone like me and i'll explain why. when i got home just trying to test the wipers was completely impossible because the Clear View treatment i had mentioned earlier even though on the glass for over a week now still works like new. so no matter how much water i tossed onto the glass by the time i got into the car to turn the wipers on the glass was already completely dry with just the slightest streaks of water left behind. to be honest i'd recommend more highly that u get the Clear View treatment than the Wipers since its quite possible that a 3.5 ounce bottle would last you just as long as wipers would if ur looking at a ~6 month lifespan as mentioned by someone earlier. and this product makes you wonder why your car even has wipers in the first place unless there's a buildup of dew in which case just one wipe with wipers that are in any condition good or bad takes care of that. so up to you guys but i wouldn’t spend this kinda money for wipers again its not really worth it if there's Clear View on the shelf at any car supplies store.

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » December 16th, 2006, 7:24 pm

padna, that clear view/any water repellent product is not the main factor in taking water off the glass.

the wipers are. they remove all the water in their path. products such as rain-x, rainvision etc only move away water where the mass of water (the droplet) is heavy enough to run off. light sprinkles won't run off.

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » December 16th, 2006, 9:06 pm

light sprinkles won't run off.

you are absolutely right... however.... be that as it may, a wiper that cost 10cents would be just as good as those expensive Michelin’s because all it takes using clear view with even a COMPLETLY dead wiper is one swish and all those sprinkles droplets sprinklets or whatever to be completely gone. don’t argue with me. the reason i found clear view in the first place is because my boss is a scrooge and refused to spend any money on the company van i drive by way of getting new wipers. it was too frustrating when rain fell cause using those wipers and using the back of your hand had the same effect on the glass when rain fell. believe it or not i spent a morning shopping around in Laughlin and de gannes and found the clear view product and tried it. and i can give u his phone number so u can call if u think im kidding when i say that he eventually changed the wipers and i DID NOT EVER NOTICE until he told me. And even then i still doubted him cause there was absolutely no difference in the quality of wipe and after wipe clarity with new wipers as with the old worn out ones. don’t bet me on that.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » December 17th, 2006, 10:46 am

nasscott wrote:a wiper that cost 10cents would be just as good as those expensive Michelin’s

wipers are not all the same as sure as tyres and spark plugs are not all the same.

nasscott

Laughlin has it, according to you

I feel I will try this Clear View product, if it produces such great results.

Of course results will be posted on 2nr

It has been my experience with rain repellants that none of them deal with sprinkles and fine droplets

unless there are large droplets or a force like wind on the highway to cause the fine droplets to merge to larger ones

with Castrol Accuvision and Waxco Rain Act I drive up teh highay in rain with NO wipers on

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » December 17th, 2006, 3:21 pm

yep all u need wipers for is to swish away the droplets and any cheap ole thing would work just as well. i say worry about the rain treatment i cant remember the cost but you talking about spending somn like what? $30 vs $130? and you get better visibility even in white rain for less. c'mon this is a no brainer. of course every 3 or 4 weeks you'd have to re apply the treatment to keep things in tip top shape but so what right?

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » December 17th, 2006, 8:56 pm

i still have a bottle of rain-x to use out yes

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » December 17th, 2006, 10:05 pm

how long is the rain-x effective before you have to retreat the glass. gimme an average.

Zim
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Zim » December 18th, 2006, 10:58 am

SR wrote:michelin wiper blades are da bomb

but mostpeople done take care of thier wiper blades to start with

every month you should clean your blades with some rubbing aclohol to remove the glaze on it and then use some armoral or silcone spray to keep the rubber soft
Mine doesnt require that, they're graphite / silicone but I still clean dem

Zim
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Zim » December 18th, 2006, 10:59 am

Knight1 wrote:

I use the PIAA Super Sporza Wiper Blades (Carbon) on my car, and trust me, they work GREAT.

Just be sure to apply the silicone treatment to your windshield BEFORE using!!!!

Whre vcan dis silicone treatment b had?

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » December 18th, 2006, 11:42 am

Actually, when you buy the PIAA Silicone / Super Sporza Blades, you get two packets of "silicone treatment" along with them. You're essentially supposed to wash off the wiindsheild with soap and water, then allow to dry, after which you rub in the "silicone" treatment and then "break in" the wipers onto the windsheild once that dries.

I doubt that PIAA sells it separately.

PIAA wiperblades list price starts between $12.95-$25.00 usd

The 12.95USD prices are for the baseline "Super Graphite" (non-silicone) wiper blades. The Super Silicone wiper blades are around 19-22 USD on PIAA website, and the Super Sporzas cost more. Sporzas will cost the most, but have those cool "spoilers/wind deflectors" on the edges. :D

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » December 18th, 2006, 10:28 pm

^^^ how effective are these "wind deflectors" really? i think you really paying more for the rice factor just like bladewing and HS. at higher speeds those two work alot worse than OEM wing or no wing. i doubt the wing will make a difference better try a side breast or a leg or something.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » December 18th, 2006, 10:36 pm

the rain X...i dunno how long it lasts cause i usually put it on every 2weeks or so on my mom's car...

i using Pylon on mines...and geeze talk bout noise and skip marks...it becomes annoying sometimes...but otherwise its decent for now...together wit the rain X...it works cool...the only thing is that the droplet hadda be somewhat large for the product to work

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » December 18th, 2006, 11:08 pm

^^^ well the surest thing about the michelin's is that they nice and quiet. hope they stay that way too.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » December 19th, 2006, 12:35 am

^^^ how effective are these "wind deflectors" really? i think you really paying more for the rice factor just like bladewing and HS. at higher speeds those two work alot worse than OEM wing or no wing. i doubt the wing will make a difference better try a side breast or a leg or something.

Before you down play the necessity of it, consider this: My OEM Wiper stalk has such a "wing deflector". Standard equipment....driver side only though (on WRX's and STis).

larafan

Postby larafan » December 19th, 2006, 12:37 am

i see dem ting in mathura's...and pelt away rainx....castrol's accuvision is de borse dey....

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 19th, 2006, 1:29 am

nice thread.

never used rainX or accuvision , but now i sure as hell wanna try it
even the clear view if i can source it.

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » December 19th, 2006, 10:30 am

i used sum 'auto glym' glass polish i had lying around, that helped wiper performance a lot, cuz i use pylons, that skip when dry, and after using the polish they dont skip at all. cant remember where the polish came from and how much for it, i just saw it at home and decided to use it after i saw this thread, i used it inside and outside of the front glass and the outside of the back glass (cannot be used on tint), it takes of any oil that may be there (from road spray) and the glass looks really clean after. :mrgreen:

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”