Monday, April 21st, 2014

- It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
wagon r
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:09 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....
.....there isn't much I have to say about this run that hasn't been said already. Check the prev. two to get an idea of fun we had in the past.

Meeting Point will be KFC Car Park in Gulf View for 7:30am....Dpearture time is 8:00am sharp....you will be playin ketch up after that.

:!: :!: THERE ARE NO STOPS ON THE WAY DOWN :!: :!:

(except for a bathroom for the ladies)

The plan is to hit the sand and enjoy it before high tide comes in, and it comes in very fast.

Lunch will be had @ Columbus Bay where we drive, park up, eat and relax. Sea is there for those who want it.

btw....this will be the last run for Hilux Dude...a foundation member, before he leaves TnT so feel free to harass him one last time... :lol: :lol:

The usual...snacks, drinks (non-alcho), recovery stuff.

as you were.... 8-)

Last edited by wagon r on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Rutless Tiida
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

AH! it is official Icacos! Sweet.
I will be there!
:)
What are the tidal times for that day?

madman2961
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

FINALLY!!!! 7.30 better i sleep by my family in Penal!!!

wagon r
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:19 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

tide times .....freak will drop them but high tide starts coming in around 11:45 - 12:00 as we have experienced in the past.

...prepare to be amazed at low tide....sand to get yuh chupid....it make the mazan beach look like a play park...

i will stress...

NO SPEEDING ON THE BEACH...NONE...SPEED LIMIT SHOULD BE NOTHING HIGHER THAN 60KPH.

the reason for this....@ low tide...the water creates water tracks that you don't see until you are right on them, which creates 2 problems...

1. Children like to play in them and at speed you won't see them before it's too late.

2. Hitting one at speed will cause you to lose control and even though it's sand, you can damage your van, crash your van and injure yourself. trust me....i know.

with that said....

there are parts of the beach that are remote so the fellas who like to show-orf will have some space but please look out for the locals.

also, this is a drop point for alot of things in this country...you will be looked at and you don't know....so please use yuh common sense.

it's been a year since we have been there, so i can't tell you what the sand maybe like with erosion but it should be great...

Cooper
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:29 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

^^^ take his advice people, he speaks from experience :!:

This is three days before my last exam..... I'll try my best to make it. Really, really want to go in this one 8-)

venum
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:34 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

There with the usual 2

speedaholic
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:37 pm 
Shifting into 6th

^^^ ah goin in d sandd! :D :D :D!

wagon r
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

^ funny enough....even you could drive on the sand.....

...is just the comin back part i worried about... :lol: :lol: :lol: ( see venum avatar for details.)

bleedingfreak
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:19 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Tee hee hee hee

speedaholic
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 pm 
Shifting into 6th

wagon r, das no scene... ah rollin wit a tow strap

biggy82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:59 am 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

wagon r wrote:
btw....this will be the last run for Hilux Dude...a foundation member, before he leaves TnT so feel free to harass him one last time... :lol: :lol:

doh say last....jes say not for some time :D

and hopefully it will be the first run for one of the smallest dieselettes (sweeky, take note :lol: )

droppa
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:12 am 
punchin NOS

can the suzy play olong, well if she doh sell by then :roll:

madman2961
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:29 am 
3NE 2NR for life

speedaholic wrote:
^^^ ah goin in d sandd! :D :D :D!

boy watch your words!!!
you say you going in the sand, not on the sand

i however want to get a pic of the Mosque. that place looked real nice and pristine. after that is fun.

so what is the list so far?

1) madman2961

evil_twin
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:25 am 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

:D :D :D count me in....ceo u riding shot gun?

3stagevtec
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:33 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

wagon r wrote:
Meeting Point will be KFC Car Park in Gulf View for 7:30am....Dpearture time is 8:00am sharp....you will be playin ketch up after that.

wagon r wrote:
tide times .....freak will drop them but high tide starts coming in around 11:45 - 12:00 as we have experienced in the past.

Isn't that cutting it kinda close? It's usually a 1 1/2hr drive from Sando to the beach depending on traffic / road conditions etc. and if you factor the typical Trini timing, I can see you guys should reach the beach by a realistic 10am.

That only leaves you with a maximum safe beach drive time of 45mins before you have to turn around and head back out.. That not much time for any decent exploration / photo opportunities / enjoying the scenery / photo opportunities etc.. (yes, i said it twice.. :lol: )

I'm just suggesting..

biggy82
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

3stagevtec, max tide is usually around 2pm. that will give us plenty of time to run up and down the beach before we really have to leave.

correct me if i wrong bleedingfreak

bleedingfreak
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

We are veterans of when it comes to tide management. It wont take a genius to figure out the tide is coming in... And, when WE roll, you better roll out too...

hahaha....

Going down next week to do preliminary assessment and maybe another one the week before the trip...

bleedingfreak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:37 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

3stagevtec wrote:
wagon r wrote:

wagon r wrote:

Isn't that cutting it kinda close? It's usually a 1 1/2hr drive from Sando to the beach depending on traffic / road conditions etc. and if you factor the typical Trini timing, I can see you guys should reach the beach by a realistic 10am.

That only leaves you with a maximum safe beach drive time of 45mins before you have to turn around and head back out.. That not much time for any decent exploration / photo opportunities / enjoying the scenery / photo opportunities etc.. (yes, i said it twice.. :lol: )

I'm just suggesting..

For a man who was there last time and see how things does run... He kinda emoing there hoss...

3stagevtec
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

Actually, I wanted to go further up the beach that day! I remember wagonrunner had posted a very interesting section of the beach in the last thread and I was hoping we would have made it to that area..

wagonrunner wrote:
some good fun to be had here :mrgreen:

<iframe src="http://wikimapia.org/#lat=10.0866919&lon=-61.796819&z=18&l=0&m=h&v=2" width="800" height="600"></iframe>

That's actually the reason why I was hoping for an earlier start.. :wink:

Slack
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Nice.... looking foward to this run.... :D

wagon r
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

3stagevtec wrote:
Actually, I wanted to go further up the beach that day! I remember wagonrunner had posted a very interesting section of the beach in the last thread and I was hoping we would have made it to that area..

wagonrunner wrote:
some good fun to be had here :mrgreen:

<iframe src="http://wikimapia.org/#lat=10.0866919&lon=-61.796819&z=18&l=0&m=h&v=2" width="800" height="600"></iframe>

That's actually the reason why I was hoping for an earlier start.. :wink:

...that my friend....is the mouth of a river.....meaning more swamp sand than what sweeky stuck in....and worse than what i got into in moruga...

...also...i'm almost certain we were close to that.....given that we were criving along side mangrove for a little while before the sweeky incident.

...but we'll see how it goes....i'll be in the back... :lol: :lol:

wagon r
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

....one other thing....if you look at the landscape closely....you would notice to get there....we have to cross 3 or more swampy areas, including the area sweeks got hung up.......not sayin we cyar try...

...but i eh want to leave any vans overnight....

if we leave on time, we should get there in enough time to go as far as tide will permit us...

3stagevtec
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

Yunno, just after that swampy area is alot of straight driving on what appears to be smooth beach sand shoreline.. If the conditions are favorable enough and we can make it though that difficult area, we should be able to make it to Chatham Road to get back out.. I measured 4.7miles to Chatham Road from the swampy area..

I'm not suggesting that we try to make it to Chatham road, but if we do get there and it's safe enough to proceed further, we would have a way out.. It's just something to keep in mind..

Now thinking about it, I remember the Moruga vids that was posted.. If that area is anything like Moruga Swamp mud, not me and that!!

wagon r
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:44 am 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

......now yuh see where i coming from. you were there when sweeks got stuck...and that was nothing like moruga....and you don't see when the sand changes.....

...it's one minute yuh good.....next second, yuh stuck.

323_wagon_dude
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:42 am 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

3stage, I with you .... we driving as far down as we can

As long as you driving point an I in the back

:mrgreen:

Cooper
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:21 am 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Dark Sand = Sticksville

...stay clear of the dark sand (it's usually where the ground has a higher saturation of water with loose soil) and you should be okay.

speedaholic
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:40 am 
Shifting into 6th

so who starting the list?

Rutless Tiida
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:41 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

Maybe we should consider leaving a little earlier. Even an additional half hour will help if somebody gets in trouble.

speedaholic
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:43 am 
Shifting into 6th

yeaa ^^^ x2

madman2961
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

speedaholic, i thought i started the list earlier but no body took it on. hey Fahim tell me when you leaving in the morning to meet with them. i will prefer the company to make the drive to meet up in south.

and anyone else from North let us organise when and where to meet to go down together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next