TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK Ford Focus engine

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

WTK Ford Focus engine

Postby damieG82 » July 13th, 2010, 3:37 pm

decided to post this here rather than in the Ford forum in hopes of getting a better response

Have a project in mind and will need to obtain a Focus engine and transmission (complete with ECU, harness etc). Does anyone know where to find one, and any idea of the prevailing price?

Any assistance much appreciated

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: WTK Ford Focus engine

Postby TriniVdub » July 15th, 2010, 11:17 am

why don't u use the MX6 GT V6 (200hp), a buddy of mine did that swap the other day but with the 165hp version. Car runs pretty nice, still gave him a washing though :lol:

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » July 15th, 2010, 6:40 pm

lol, its not for my car

but thats a swap I've always wanted to do... thing is I know it'll send me mad. The engine bay is already ridiculously cramped with the small stock B6, far less for that massive KL-ZE. There's actually a version which came with it from the factory... God forbid you have to change a drive belt or a mount tho :?

thegtiman
TriniTuner Crew

Postby thegtiman » July 18th, 2010, 3:06 am

damieG82 wrote:decided to post this here rather than in the Ford forum in hopes of getting a better response

Have a project in mind and will need to obtain a Focus engine and transmission (complete with ECU, harness etc). Does anyone know where to find one, and any idea of the prevailing price?

Any assistance much appreciated

You either looking at the old "Zetec" 1.8/2.0litre lump or the later Mazda I4 lump which also came in 2.0 and 1.8 sizes.

MK1 had the 170PS unit as found in the Euopean ST. Later I4 engines as in the MK2 much more improved. Your best bet is to find someone who is in contact with a UK breakers and get the engine from there.

bigchief3679
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby bigchief3679 » July 18th, 2010, 11:24 am

CNUTs in the bamboo has one. its right in front with the celica 3sgte and a blue top honda, saw it there yesterday.

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”