Friday, October 31st, 2014

- It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

CARSTT SoloDex
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Hello Fellow Dexers,

CARSTT take this opportunity to invite all interested persons to post their views on suggestions for rule changes and comments on the current 2010 Solodex Rules for consideration by the New 2011 executive.

The 2010 rules can be viewed and downloaded form the CARTT webstie.
http://www.carstt.com/2010/Rules/CARS_S ... Rev1-2.pdf

Meeting will be held on 10th November 2010 for face to face discussion.
Venue: Tentative at Valpark Food Court

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Team Loco
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:07 am 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

this is a good idea.

Reyos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:15 am 
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Guys we are asking that you send the suggestions of items for discussions to carstt@gmail.com

This is to ensure that we have a tentative agenda when we reach there so we do not have the meeting going on for a very very long.

pete
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:26 am 
3NE 2NR Moderator

Increase the number of points for a bump from 4 to 5 so ah cud install coilovers and leave my rear sway bar.. :lol:

DEVI
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:43 am 
2NR phototakerouter

couple of suggestions i'd like to make

1.Increase the no of events that count for championship to 5 out of 6
2. Decrease the no of events that count towards the overall class chmp from 4 to 3
3. Bring back the race briefings before the actual competitions and award 1 or 2 pts for attending

pete
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:08 pm 
3NE 2NR Moderator

What's the difference between championship and overall class chmp?

mazdamaniac
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:29 pm 
Trinituner Peong

pete wrote:
What's the difference between championship and overall class chmp?

the first refers to best 5 out of 6 envents to be used for calculating the end for year point.

the second is the minimum number of events that a competitor needs to enter to qualify for consideration for the championship

Ignorant Ignis
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:43 pm 
punchin NOS

after a first class bump (4) points .. the second class bump should be at 5 points and so on....

so a front wheel drive 1.5 doesn't end up in open class with 100whp a not a chance of even coming third in a two car race

saltydog
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:03 pm 
CARS Member

I say ban old men with bad ankles from driving swifts and beating up on the younger generation :lol:

ok as you were

NLVA200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

saltydog wrote:
I say ban old men with bad ankles from driving swifts and beating up on the younger generation :lol:

ok as you were

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ole man should teach me (another swift driver) a thing or two before yuh retire him

Rudman
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:43 am 
Shifting into 6th

Location: Finding out all the good tyres in life begins with "R".
saltydog wrote:

ok as you were

Ahahahahahahhahahhahhhahahahhahhahahah............oh grome, yuh heard about dat?

crazybalhead
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:36 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

I'm seriously thinking about the competitiveness of a car on street tyres vs race tyres. But I don't think a sweeping change is necessary.

Dave-ve
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:36 am 
Trinituner Peong

how about the introduction of a team championship. a lot of clubs were present for the last few events. have them each register 2-3 persons at the beginning of the year and make it mandatory that one person cannot represent the club for each event. they can compete in whatever class they fall into, but a separate set of points can also be awarded and tallied at the end of the year.

Reyos
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:26 am 
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Dave-ve wrote:
how about the introduction of a team championship. a lot of clubs were present for the last few events. have them each register 2-3 persons at the beginning of the year and make it mandatory that one person cannot represent the club for each event. they can compete in whatever class they fall into, but a separate set of points can also be awarded and tallied at the end of the year.

i like this idea

DEVI
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:30 am 
2NR phototakerouter

come on guys...any other suggestions...this meeting is on Wed...

wagonrunner
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:45 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.
not really a rule, but a suggestion for course design.
no more < 60 second courses. fastest time should be 70-90s.
with that, should get a better grasp of the classings.

Reyos
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:30 am 
3NE2NR is my LIFE

wagonrunner wrote:
not really a rule, but a suggestion for course design.
no more < 60 second courses. fastest time should be 70-90s.
with that, should get a better grasp of the classings.

Good suggestion....more seat time as well.....plus if it is as tricky as dex 6 it will force drivers to think and react even more as the drive.

CARSTT SoloDex
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:49 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

This meeting has been postponed to next week Wednesday 17th Nov at the same time and place.

I apologize for the late post on tuner.

This information was sent out via email and facebook this morning

MG Man
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 am 
2NRholic

Location: Heeeey...this rag smells like chlorof...............
I sat in Valpark and cried for 3 hours last night

wagonrunner
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.
MG Man wrote:
I sat in Valpark and cried for 3 hours last night

they turned off the cable box again?

MG Man
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:42 am 
2NRholic

yup
nasty fiends :-(

wagonrunner
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:19 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

bounced up another dexer today.
he mentioned the lack of timing @ BYCC's. he'd be more interested in participating @ BYCC's if he could get a time after runs.
so, could all runs be timed, please.

NLVA200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:37 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

wagonrunner wrote:
he mentioned the lack of timing @ BYCC's. he'd be more interested in participating @ BYCC's if he could get a time after runs.

i agree with this 100%. gotta have a benchmark to work with.

mazdamaniac
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 am 
Trinituner Peong

blacktriple_s wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

i agree with this 100%. gotta have a benchmark to work with.

Some things to consider
Who runs the timing system while we are driving (or do we take turns running it?)
As far as I have heard the system can only store a limited number of runs, if this is so then each person has to record their time within a fix period before its erased.
Most important is the timing sensors are at a much higher risk of being damaged at a BYCC. This is critical

Think about it and bring your suggestions and proposals to the meeting tomorrow.
If we work together, anything is possible.

wagonrunner
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

organize a bycc timing sub-committee. If its in the interest of the drivers, and keeping them interested in competing, is in the interest of the club..................

risk to timing system "greater" @ BYCC's -
better protect them with the harder / bigger cones, spaced further apart, behind concrete blocks *shrugs*

limited number of runs.-
not even competition numbers are necessary, 1 car goes out for 5 laps, 5 lap times, 2 cars go out for 5 laps, 5 lap times x 2, the s/w can do that., and transfer to a whiteboard, sheet of paper, jus summin, so after the run, a driver can see where differences were made.

mazdamaniac
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:00 am 
Trinituner Peong

wagonrunner wrote:
organize a bycc timing sub-committee. If its in the interest of the drivers, and keeping them interested in competing, is in the interest of the club..................

risk to timing system "greater" @ BYCC's -
better protect them with the harder / bigger cones, spaced further apart, behind concrete blocks *shrugs*

limited number of runs.-
not even competition numbers are necessary, 1 car goes out for 5 laps, 5 lap times, 2 cars go out for 5 laps, 5 lap times x 2, the s/w can do that., and transfer to a whiteboard, sheet of paper, jus summin, so after the run, a driver can see where differences were made.

Personally I prefer the plastic water filled crash barriers as protection for the sensors :oops:

I nominate wagonrunner for BYCC sub-committee technical advisor and tutor, who seconds that motion :evilbat:

Lets discuss this further the get a sustainable way forward

Reyos
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 am 
3NE2NR is my LIFE

good suggestions...keep them coming...

Since i do not have a car anymore I will run the timing system at the bycc.
I have a dex sub committee already forming ...anyone who wants to be part is welcomed to join in.
By taking turns to run the equipment it would be less stress on one person and we would have multiple back ups if needed.....

I am a but worried about the timing sensors at the bycc . Concrete blocks would be a hazard..water containers is a good idea
or maybe we can look at a re-design of the housing for the sensor to protect it....

How about this suggestion. For the BYCC we allow practice laps in the morning...from about 10-12:30 and from 1-4 we have the timing.
That way we can have some intense teaching going on in the morning periods and testing in the evening with the timing system.

Folks please make every attempt to attend the meeting on Wednesday. It would be better for all of us if we get the ideas and the discussions in the open so we can improve as a club.

chris1388
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:59 pm 
Riding on 18's

Protection is one way to help keep the system safe in the event of an accident....BUT by briefing ALL drivers on the equipment and letting them know how important it is to try their best not to come into the finish wild/fast in the interest of the expensive timing equipment will be a good idea. This is not done most times....we just let ppl run on the course and only when someone hits it then we run across to say you should take caution when finishing...we need to brief all drivers especially first timers about this and i mean at every event not just when we remember.

Reyos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:04 pm 
3NE2NR is my LIFE

^^ proactive instead of reactive....
Good suggestion chris!!

MG Man
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:53 am 
2NRholic

actually, the solution to not destroying the sensors is to ensure cars line up dead straight with the finish box
The only time the sensors are at risk is when cars enter the finish box off a corner or approach at an angle, then stomp on the brakes..........the resulting shift in weight and traction increases the risk of a spin
so.............either straight trajectory into the finish box, or a dead slow chicane before the box to slow cars down, and voila, sensors don't get pranged