Ignis Sport tune up/ service??

Everything Suzuki - Swift GTi and Ignis Sport to Grand Vitara and XL7

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Ignis Sport tune up/ service??

Postby *KRONIK* » January 17th, 2011, 7:40 pm

wats up folks?
i gonna start to tune up/ service the ignis...

i changed oil today: shell semi synth 10w40
coolant changed also...

what i need is part nos.,
prices,
best place to get it,
recommendations...

i need air filter...
is there a K&N inbox replacement?
part no??

plugs...
best plug?
coil pack removal tips??

cleaning throttle...
wats best to use??
any advice when scrapping airbox and removing throttle body??

gear oil...
amsoil 75w90??
anything other??
better??

belts..
OEM??
aftermarket??

anything i missing??
forget to mention??

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Re: Ignis Sport tune up/ service??

Postby chris1388 » January 17th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Yes there is a k&n drop in...i will get the part number for you...my car came with one from singapore.

I told you already get NGK irridium IX plugs heat range 6

The coil pack held in with 4 screws...unscrew them and lift off...no magic. Refer to the service manual if unsure.

Get any good throttle body cleaner....i guess just ask at the parts place.

Gear oil...the amsoil is the perfect match...75-90 GL4 spec....other brands give you the 75-90 but in a GL5 spec....make sure and get the GL4....i would just go with the amsoil, cant go wrong.

Belts....only option is to go to lifestyle and get them....none after market afik...

Change the radiator cap, throw a redline fuel cleaner in the gas and i would also suggest changing the thermostat to be safe.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 18th, 2011, 7:16 am

good stuff...
ill update accordingly...

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 18th, 2011, 2:37 pm

gear oil...
amsoil 75w90??
anything other??
better??

Gear oil...the amsoil is the perfect match...75-90 GL4 spec....other brands give you the 75-90 but in a GL5 spec....make sure and get the GL4....i would just go with the amsoil, cant go wrong.

Correcto.

If the Ignis's gearbox is anything like the Swift Sport, stick to a GL4 gear oil.

While GL5's work, they're intended mainly for hypoid gear sets, as found in AWD cars. However, there are some trains of thought (Redline had a writeup about this) whereby some of the additives in GL5 oils can cuase excessive wear to softer synchro metals over time.

GL4's are a bit older in tech, and don't have those additives. But that should help with longevity!

In fact, the Swift Sport's manual said IIRC, 75W90 GL4 fluid or equivalent (almost like they were harping on the GL4 point).

I used Amsoil's GL4 fluid (Manual Transaxle Gear Lube) in the SSS with great success. The new owner of the car uses Redline MT90, also a 75W90 GL4 fluid, and has no complaints. If it's any help, the MT90 is alot cheaper and should work just as well.

Hope that helps some.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » January 18th, 2011, 3:11 pm

I think the reason why the amsoil is sooo much more expensive alpha is because its 100% synthetic....is the redline ?

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » January 18th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Amsoil and Redline are among the few truly synthetic oils.
Both great stuff in my opinion.

Just to clarify, GL5 is not an upgrade to GL4.
As always, use what your owner's manual recommends, which is 75W90 GL4.
The additives in GL5 oil can and will cause corrosion of the yellow metals in the synchros.
For more information on GL4 and GL5, see the second post in the link in my signature.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 18th, 2011, 3:36 pm

I think the reason why the amsoil is sooo much more expensive alpha is because its 100% synthetic....is the redline ?

Well, when it comes to engine oils, both Redline and Amsoil uses similar Group 4 base oils IIRC.

So I'd say both would be truly synth. Assuming both work well (some /boxes can be picky), then the differences may just be purely academic!

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 18th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Alpha_2nr wrote:
gear oil...
amsoil 75w90??
anything other??
better??

Correcto.

If the Ignis's gearbox is anything like the Swift Sport, stick to a GL4 gear oil.

While GL5's work, they're intended mainly for hypoid gear sets, as found in AWD cars. However, there are some trains of thought (Redline had a writeup about this) whereby some of the additives in GL5 oils can cuase excessive wear to softer synchro metals over time.

GL4's are a bit older in tech, and don't have those additives. But that should help with longevity!

In fact, the Swift Sport's manual said IIRC, 75W90 GL4 fluid or equivalent (almost like they were harping on the GL4 point).

I used Amsoil's GL4 fluid (Manual Transaxle Gear Lube) in the SSS with great success. The new owner of the car uses Redline MT90, also a 75W90 GL4 fluid, and has no complaints. If it's any help, the MT90 is alot cheaper and should work just as well.

Hope that helps some.

i myself have used the amsoil in my previous vehicle (ck lancer with 4g15DOHC on a 4g92 box)
no complaints at all
in fact... i used to have to double clutch into reverse to get he gear to go in smoothly, after using the amsoil this problem went away...

i was just asking cuz i know lifestyle uses other fluids; our Grand Vitara went for its 50K service about a month ago and the amount of fluid they change :shock: :shock:
tranny: some weird brand
transfer case: something else
rear diff: something else

i, personally, am a bit skeptical about LSM's choice of fluids starting from the engine oil...

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 18th, 2011, 8:16 pm

chris1388 wrote:I told you already get NGK irridium IX plugs heat range 6

Any powersellers have these? Or does any place stock them locally?

Trying to avoid having to ship them in..

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » January 18th, 2011, 9:01 pm

lol....dude any parts place in the country have them. I get mine at parts unlimited in tacarigua off the EMR

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 18th, 2011, 9:21 pm

doh make joke! i never would have guessed! i've read quite a few reviews saying that the iridium plugs work well in the Grand Vitara's as well...

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 18th, 2011, 9:59 pm

^^Almost every "performance shop", parts place....hell...even most of the powerseller "performance part" dealers on 'tuner sell IX's.

You make them sound like they're ultra rare :lol: :lol:

i've read quite a few reviews saying that the iridium plugs work well in the Grand Vitara's as well...

SOrry eh, but that's kinda like stating the obvious. I've hardly come across any instance where iridium plugs work badly.

Jus' saying :lol:

:?

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 18th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Actually, there was mention that the GV is pretty plug sensitive.. and that some plugs perform quite poorly.

Most of the auto parts stores I go to don't stock them.. but then again, I don't shop for 'performance' parts that often..

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 19th, 2011, 6:29 am

Actually, there was mention that the GV is pretty plug sensitive.. and that some plugs perform quite poorly.

Once the gap and heat range are maintained constant (same as stock), then technicaly a platinum, iriduim, silver, or copper tip make minimal difference with anything IMHO otherthan longevity.

BUt that's another topic for another time/thread.

Advertisement

Return to “SUZUKI”