TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Jimny Fuel filter-- anyone changed theirs as yet??

Everything Suzuki - Swift GTi and Ignis Sport to Grand Vitara and XL7

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Jimny Fuel filter-- anyone changed theirs as yet??

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 4th, 2011, 12:14 am

i was told from the firm that the fuel filter is located in the tank and it is connected to the fuel pump, so to change the fuel filter you hadda change the fuel pump as well...now i personally think that is a pile of crap..but can anyone confirm this? and also has anyone ever ran an external fuel filter and just removing the one in the tank for easier cleaning/removal?

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Jimny Fuel filter-- anyone changed theirs as yet??

Postby aidan » December 4th, 2011, 12:43 am

Hmmm, interesting. Didn't have to change mine yet, i'll have to see a manual for this!

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 4th, 2011, 1:36 pm

yeah bro, im now running slightly over 105 k now..and ive changed everything out except the filter..i know ppl usually change it out ever so often, but to do that in the jimny you have 2 dismantle the entire tank so its prob best that you disconnect that filter and run an external fuel filter somewhere more convenient like in the engine bay. and btw have you ever installed rear speakers in yours? thats a project im thinking about doing now...looking to place a pair of 6'' in the rear panel, cuz i already have a sub and an amp...and i didnt forget you btw, ill get that pic of the rim for you asap, you go through with your rim(s) search?

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » December 4th, 2011, 2:08 pm

^^Hey man, yea if the filter is in tank its gonna be difficult, but all the other zukis I had before had the filter on the outside, so I'm not sure yet. I'll go take a look or check the manual.
Yep i put in rear speakers, but you need to take out reall stuff to access it lol. Take off the rear side panel from the trunk area go forward. You might need to take out the rear seats for easy access. The mounting hole is for a 4" speaker though. I bought some regular pioneer 4" for it. But you should spray the mounting hole inside with some dynamat before, it sounds crappy lol (plenty annoying reverb). I packed it with some studio foam to fix the problem.
Thanks, whenever you get d pic send me it! Didn't find any rims yet, i looking for something where I can maintain the 205 width tires. I wana get an A bar for the front.

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 4th, 2011, 3:59 pm

yeah i do that, btw i saw a guy do this on his jimny (not locally) for installing rear speakers. how do u find the 4'' speakers sound after the insulation? still crappy? i thought that this install look kinda cool
Attachments
4188671.jpg

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 4th, 2011, 4:00 pm

he put a riser and cut the outer panel to fit the grill..

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 4th, 2011, 5:59 pm

WHERE DID YOU BUY THE STUDIO FOAM? AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST FOR BOTH PANELS

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » December 4th, 2011, 9:21 pm

that looks like a real cool idea!
it made a huge difference with the foam. but it cuts out some of the lower frequency (but is a 4" anyway). It's much cleaner and doesn't rattle anymore. I got the studio foam when my pardner built his vocal booth, and took the extras. we ordered some cheapo foam from ebay. there is a foam factory that sells the same foam locally too, i want some more to put in the panels to reduce road noise.
I bought these for the front speakers too http://www.amazon.com/050330-Boom-Round-Speaker-Baffle/dp/B0039Z3SRA/ref=pd_sim_e_4
I find the jimny in the stock configuration unfit for clean sound lol. but I really like it now, and all i have is a sony deck and 4 pioneer speakers.

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 4th, 2011, 10:06 pm

kk cool..i bought some sound deadening material today to sound proof the rear panels..its abit expensive though, $70/ roll and you would need a few rolls to fully sound proof the van..i was gonna do the outer panels first, just under the upholstery, but the inner panel ( inside the hole) that studio foam seem more efficient, so ill look into that..but if not i may have to invest in more deadening material..

looks just like this- http://kereta.info/how-to-sound-proof-y ... materials/

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 4th, 2011, 10:12 pm

^^^ oh well yeh, same as the dynamat but a different brand

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » December 5th, 2011, 7:10 pm

^where you got the deadening material? That looking like the real thing for the 'cargo' area and behind the rear panels.
This is the foam we used http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Acoustic-Wedge-Studio-Soundproofing-Foam-12-x12-USA-/220798000494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3368961d6e

It have a thread in the ole talk forum about locally available studio foam, but I can't find it :(

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 6th, 2011, 12:08 am

ooo kk cool..i got it from an audio guy named ryan in princes town..gonna get some more though to do all the panels/rear etc..btw u found out where the filter is located? and how come no body responded to my question, like most fellaz thaught it never had a filter and didnt even bother to look? i still looking for a price on some side steps aswell but to no such luck

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » December 6th, 2011, 12:21 am

^^Lol, it lookin so. I didn't find out yet. I cant seem to get much info online about it. I'll try to get the manual and check it out.
A guy right here on 2nr had accessories for the jimny, he pm'd me but i deleted it accidentally. He had the side steps and front and rear bars. I think it was 4x4 trinidad or something so. If you come across any front A-bars lemme know.

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 6th, 2011, 7:13 pm

hey aidan yeh its 4x4 Trinidad...i called them 2day, front and rear bars $2200 each, thats inclusive of installation..and the side steps are 2500 ( installation inclusive) ..stainless steel btw

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 20th, 2011, 1:00 am

Nooo one ever did this..

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 23rd, 2011, 1:01 am

hummmm

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » December 23rd, 2011, 10:38 am

please remember there is no return fuel line in the new model suzuki's as the regulator is also intank

so the external fuel pump becomes a bit of a problem.

dismantling the fuel pump assembly is also very difficult and dangerous to change the filter

it kinda sucks all round

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 24th, 2011, 1:43 am

HUMMM...SO WHATS THE RECOMMENDED MILAGE THAT PPL USUALLY CHANGE THOSE FILTERS THEN? OR THEY DONT CHANGE IT AT ALL??

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » December 24th, 2011, 2:40 am

BlitzMekenzie wrote:HUMMM...SO WHATS THE RECOMMENDED MILAGE THAT PPL USUALLY CHANGE THOSE FILTERS THEN? OR THEY DONT CHANGE IT AT ALL??

100-120k

if i remember correctly

BlitzMekenzie
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby BlitzMekenzie » December 24th, 2011, 5:49 pm

OH WELL YEAH IM AT 120 SOMETHING..SO WHAT YOUR SAYING ITS BEST I JUST GET THE OEM FILTER AND CHANGE IT IN THERE?? BUT YOU SEE THE PROBLEM IS THAT LS MOTORS TOLD ME THAT THE FUEL FILTER IS INTEGRATED INTO THE FUEL PUMP SO IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE FILTER I HAVE TO CHANGE MY ENTIRE PUMP ASWELL..AND THAT COST 3K PLUS VAT :shock: :shock: ... AND TO ME THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE..THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY DONT SELL THE FILTER SEPARATE SO THATS WHY THE IDEA OF AN EXTERNAL FUEL FILTER CAME IN..THAT NOT EVEN GONNA COST ME 1K MOST...WHAT YOU THINK?

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » December 29th, 2011, 10:52 pm

I think you should have a look see before believing what anyone says...not that I have reason to doubt LS motors, but I’m the kinda person that if I have to do a job, better I know for myself what has to be done so nobody cyah hit me ah 6 for ah 9.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » December 30th, 2011, 1:54 pm

^^this is true eh....what LSM is saying is true to some extent. The fuel filters in these newer suzuki's is located with the fuel pump. What I am not sure of and what no one can really confirm is if you NEED to change the entire pump assembly just to change the filter or is it just a case of LSM wanting to make money and just not stocking the filter itself.

I say this because I have a website where I go to look for parts for my car and they have listed there the fuel filter alone, it looks as if you can remove the pump...disassemble it and get to just the filter and replace it. I think LSM just too lazy to do that wuk just to change a filter thats why they making you buy the entire pump assembly for how much ever thousand, because its a lot of work to get to the pump.

This is the site if you guys interested....still trying to find out if I can actually buy parts off here...have to create an account etc.

http://seekpart24.com/

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » March 6th, 2012, 10:15 pm

Hmmm...ched bump.

I wonder if BlitzMekenzie ever got around to changing the filter?

Bluepages
Riding on 13's

Postby Bluepages » March 29th, 2012, 11:43 am

I installed a b15 filter in my engine bay as that one in the GAS tank is the worst to get at.I cleaned it but within a week same prob. The problem was injectors always clogged...changed to the b15 filter over 5 months no more probs.

Advertisement

Return to “SUZUKI”