Forums

waste food/left overs collection for strays

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

waste food/left overs collection for strays

Postby sMASH » March 13th, 2012, 7:35 pm

coming out of the thread where the guy in central sorta maintains the abandoned animals in his vicinity, i was thinking sumting.

i hardly ever cook, but where i work we get a bit of waste from cleaning meat. if they put it in the bag the meat came in, it would be parceled out already. when we cook, is usually at lest the bones from 1 chicken.

i was thinking to collect that, the uncooked material separate from the cooked waste, an freeze it. this could be given to the guys who help the abandoned animals. this would help upset the cost of attending to the neglected of our society.

in addition to giving money, utilize what has been spent on already.

if possible, get some refurbished deep freezers for them, and i still would not mind contributing towards upsetting the electricity, rice, and gas bill.

wha u guys tink?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: waste food/left overs collection for strays

Postby nervewrecker » March 13th, 2012, 7:42 pm

I always try my best to collect left over food on work (especially when it have cook) & bring it home for the strays.
Everyday I see people throwing away bones & stuff in the bins here (that never stop me from goin in the bin eh). If someone was collecting & storing i'd gladly heap up what I can from here & wherever else I can get & drop it off somewhere convenient when I driving. (bear in mind that will be after dark eh).

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » March 13th, 2012, 7:52 pm

very good idea.....I wouldn't,t say I feed the strays but they come in by us and eat as well....

mrcds.ayala
Riding on 13's

Postby mrcds.ayala » March 13th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Thats a great idea. I am sure if someone can pass once a week to pick-up the food quite a lot of people will get involved in this venture.
There are so many animals starving and so many people are throwing away food in the garbage.
I hope this idea will not be swept under the carpet.
Looking forward to hearing more about this great idea from you soon again.....

star323
Street 2NR

Postby star323 » March 13th, 2012, 11:01 pm

This is an excellent idea.. it ran through my mind also. plenty stray dogs in need of some food and care

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » March 13th, 2012, 11:28 pm

nice !! but beware of things like fish, lamb goat and other types of sharp bones....

stray dogs i feel sorry for on a daily basis......cuz of that i have 13 that i took of the streets wish i could take more..lol.. but i encourage ppl instead of buyin a dog adopt a dog of the street-- even if they are looking like sudden death mange etc one week of food u would be amazed!!!!!!!!!!! and u get a best friend.....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 14th, 2012, 12:42 am

hoss, my dogs prefer fish and rice... bone an all.

i ate some fish and left the bones on the plate. i forgot the back door open, and u know dem flekars ate the plate of fish bone!!!

as i probably have mentioned before, i took home a stray dog from my work site last year, cause there were enough dogs roaming that the dog catchers would soon be called in. this dog was looked after by the security peeps and dem, and they well liked her. she is probably past three years old. this dog works my yard well, and is very friendly... to me. she is very excited when ever i show up. very eager and active and interactive.
all in all, a very good pet/companion dog. better that the dog i already have cause he was my father's dog, so he doh have time with me. well not actually, he is a pretty deadly and eager hunting dog, mixed up from beagles... he kills any thing he can, and the stray drives it to him. many 'a cat and 'a fowl have had to caste to thy field of cane.
with the one dog, we had a problem with rats as they used to maneuver around the one dog. but as i get the stray, the rats not venturing into my yard any more.

after doing this, i would recommend that any one looking for a pet try an abandoned one first before spending money unnecessarily.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 14th, 2012, 12:46 am

oh yess, i i mean 'off set', where i used 'upset'.

jattsrobby
Sweet on this forum

Postby jattsrobby » March 14th, 2012, 5:16 am

try going around schools as well that receive box lunches, i'm sure there are leftovers you can collect there as well...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 14th, 2012, 9:41 am

good idea.

bolifico
Riding on 13's

Postby bolifico » March 14th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Dogs should not be given chicken and fish bones, it can stick in their throat and will be deadly.

Remember love from animal is un-conditional and we need to take good care of them.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 14th, 2012, 3:32 pm

Nah well, my dogs buss down any bones normal, i don't give em fish except baitfish(herring sardines anchovies) that i cook up for em with rice, eggs and other goodies.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 14th, 2012, 6:26 pm

them stray here eating anything, they hungry. one run in front the van a day & his foot get squeeze, he bit a chunk out the tyre & run away....yes, bite a hole in a ford ranger tyre.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » March 14th, 2012, 6:43 pm

fish bones get stuk sometimes in the throats of the animals if u want to help them do the proper thing....general rule of owning dogs is dont give to them sharp bones.....

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 14th, 2012, 7:50 pm

Sardine and I think herring is the real flick. Boil up beef bone and rice does work too.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » March 14th, 2012, 11:21 pm

dont forget this guy as well....
viewtopic.php?p=5854410#p5854410

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 15th, 2012, 5:03 am

this is really a support initiative to support those guys self.
they already doing the work of attending to the abandoned animals, the least we can do is help them so that it easier and not that expensive.
i know first hand the cost of maintaining 16 dogs.

to get people to give up solid liquid cash kinda hard. so i thinking of ways to do the same work but more cost effective.

so, instead of throwing away the meat waste, collect it in the deepfreeze and once a week send it to they guys. as time going, we could work out what is the best method to collect it, be it all in one or divided up in to smaller parcels, or what not.

and from that thread self, there are more than one person doing that charitable work so different people could be assisted/supported by different areas.

rite now my father says that he gives food to an abandoned female with some pups in the forest roads. cause the animal don't know to hunt. hopefully, the younger ones would tag along with the other dogs in the area and pick up. but i doubt, cause dem fellas brutal and thirsty with the tracking.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 15th, 2012, 8:23 am

:bump:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 15th, 2012, 11:57 am

lunch time bump.

Remember guys, while you eating hearty there are some not so fortunate to have had a bite in days. They will be greatful for your scraps self.

lets try & get something organised.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 16th, 2012, 11:38 am

gentle friday lunchtime bump guys.

Pre
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Pre » March 16th, 2012, 7:09 pm

Adopting strays is the rel flick, i have 1 who is 11going on 12yrs old and another just over a year. Strays are low maintenance, loyal, they have street smarts, always s#!t in the grass, very personable as long as owners around, brutal to intruders when owners not around, keep pests away and they wrangle up the odd Palmiste iguana until you get home from work.
All in all stray pothound is the best adopt instead of buy, also ppl if you dont want pups please spay them.

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » March 17th, 2012, 8:02 am

there's another 2nr that does this. maybe you can help him

think it's captain zaak

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”