Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014

- It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 58  Next
bushwakka
 Post subject: Re: tyres
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:29 pm 
punchin NOS

DSM_05 wrote:
^^Well that USED to be the case...nowdays...wear and grip compromises aren't that clear cut anymore.

Most of the sport-oriented tyres have moved up from 140 and 180 tread to 240-300 treadwear ratings. Now I know treadwear isn't a "std" value....but it still means something!

Imagine the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo.....one step below the auto-x/dry weather Ventus RS-3....and the Evo is @ 280 tread. Potenza RE760 Sports rock a 340 tread :? .....so tech has certainly come a long way!

nothing is clear in terms of judging a tyre based on marked specs...u can just make guesses based on generalized trends

only way to know is try them yourself or ask someone who has

that being said, i was wondering myself the other day, we like to bash Nexen tyres, but are all of them really that bad? i know there is the N1000, N3000, and N5000

anybody can shed sum light?

fighter fire
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 pm 
Riding on 13's

running some 205 50 15 nankang with nitrogen, out come is great so far. no probs man.... its an option to consider......

CD4Accord
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:38 am 
Riding on 17's

Not really an option for many users who do their research though..

I would put Nankang with the company of Nexen and Roadstone etc... ie. Something I would never buy...

What price they charged you for that?

bushwakka
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 am 
punchin NOS

CD4Accord wrote:
Not really an option for many users who do their research though..

I would put Nankang with the company of Nexen and Roadstone etc... ie. Something I would never buy...

What price they charged you for that?

we always talking about blacklisting entire tyre brands cause of experiences with a couple bad models.....i wonder if this is the case with nexen......hey we don't blacklist dunlop cuz everyone running SP Sport XXXX do we?

if u look for reviews on the N5000, ppl would mostly say very positive things about it....just do a google on n5000 reviews

interestingly, i noticed the price of them was like $900 (215/45/17).....if the saying cheap ting no good, good ting no cheap applies......go figure?

i got some sumitomo htrzIII at M Ramrattans yest for $900 a piece

ruff neck chicken
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:46 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

^^^Exactly. That is like the previous post wrt having a bad experience with the Toyo Proxes PXVM series. There are MANY different types of Proxes and not all of them perform well. You cant say Toyo < Another Brand, because not every series a manufacturer makes will be great.

However i had personal experiences with the T1R and the R1R on vehicles and these tires are great. I would buy these back without thinking twice.

NR8
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 pm 
3NE2NR is my LIFE

I've heard several bad stories about the Nexen N1000 - N3000. At the same time I've also gotten some generally good reviews about the N5000, some of which came from the same people.

crazybalhead
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

THOMAS wrote:
A172 wrote:
Nah my tuner used his 888's daily for the past year pumped to 35psi for everyday use and it only recently started slipping....for 2k a pair I think that's GREAT service. :)

Where did u get the R888 to buy?

Mileage mack

CD4Accord
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:03 pm 
Riding on 17's

Back to the age old problem... Anyone know where I can get an excellent 16" touring tyre in Trinidad...
Price is not an issue at all, I just want it to be a top spec tyre .. Sadly local dealers for Michelin, Goodyear, Bridgestone and Continental just don't bring the best models available.. They bring mediocre stuff and charge top price for it..

I can't believe how hard it is to get something extremely good here even when I am willing to pay top dollar for it..

crazybalhead
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:11 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

Pm Raptor, He'll bring in anything you want on Tyrerack.

ruff neck chicken
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:27 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

CD4Accord wrote:
Back to the age old problem... Anyone know where I can get an excellent 16" touring tyre in Trinidad...
Price is not an issue at all, I just want it to be a top spec tyre .. Sadly local dealers for Michelin, Goodyear, Bridgestone and Continental just don't bring the best models available.. They bring mediocre stuff and charge top price for it..

I can't believe how hard it is to get something extremely good here even when I am willing to pay top dollar for it..

i'm bringing in 16'' tires because of this same problem. you don't get the dimensions you want and if you do the price is crazy.

i bought two sets actually for different uses

these are rated ultra high performance with great dry road traction and that is all i need for this tire as this will only be used for my highly spirited moments :twisted:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... %2FA+KDW+2

these are also rated ultra high performance with a little less dry grip but great thread wear and noise comfort. got these for everyday driving.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... ontact+DWS

DSM_05
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:43 am 
Riding on 16's

CD4Accord wrote:

Well seeing that you're willing to pay top dollar, and you often refer to you being in the US and back to T&T frequently, why not just bring a set down when you're coming back from the US next time around?

Or use a skybox?

If you know that local tyre shops cater for those who really aren't particular.....then source them elsewhere!

CD4Accord
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:59 am 
Riding on 17's

ruff neck chicken wrote:

these are rated ultra high performance with great dry road traction and that is all i need for this tire as this will only be used for my highly spirited moments :twisted:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... %2FA+KDW+2

these are also rated ultra high performance with a little less dry grip but great thread wear and noise comfort. got these for everyday driving.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... ontact+DWS

I owned the Continental EC DWS in 17" on my Volvo in the US for about 2 years... THE BEST wet grip I have ever experienced from any tyre... EVER..
Superb and excellent wear characteristics..
They are not the sharpest tyres on turn-in and dry cornering but it suited the characteristics of the big S80 quite well...

The ONLY reason that I haven't flown in my own tyres yet is that the company is paying for it so it has to be sourced locally...

Does Toyo have a good touring option for sale locally?

I am going to make some calls this afternoon to see what I can get my hands on..

ruff neck chicken
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:18 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

From a lot of reviews that i did of Toyo the only great tires they got are like the T1R, R888, R1R. Alot of ppl complained about the other lines. Seems as only the higher ends are exceptional.

I can bring in the tires for you and sell you it locally under Ruff Neck Chicken Company Limited. It's not that hard to make a receipt book :D

crazybalhead
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=425124 16" tyres.

CD4Accord
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 am 
Riding on 17's

I need to make a few more calls but I may have found a tyre for me today...

Pirelli P4 Four Seasons at $1200 each.. I think it was 215/60/16... Need to follow up on it because its not ideally what I am looking for but it appears the best option for now..

Toyo - out of stock in 16"
Bridgestone - one in stock and lame
Michelin - $1600-$2000 each for poorly reviewed rubber
Goodyear - no models in stock that I would be interested in
Continental - wrong sizes and models for what i'm looking for..

Pirelli seems to be the answer right about now..

That said, if it was my money, I would roll with Kumho on this one..
Why aren't they bringing the Kumho Ecsta 4x to Trinidad? Shame on them... Its such a good option for the local market and has the perfect specs and characteristics....

ruff neck chicken
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:29 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

Did you check Bolo in Barrackpore?

There is where i usually get my Toyo and Kumho from without any problems.Good Price and service as well.

EXODUS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 am 
punchin NOS

he dusn't hav toyo nor kumho. sailun, dunlop and a cheaper brand these days

ruff neck chicken
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

^^^ Could be true by now because i went about a month ago to get Kumho but he was sold out and i had to go Toyo T1R again, which i didn't mind. Thought he would have re-stocked by now. Guy business doing well.

bushwakka
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 am 
punchin NOS

CD4Accord wrote:

That said, if it was my money, I would roll with Kumho on this one..
Why aren't they bringing the Kumho Ecsta 4x to Trinidad? Shame on them... Its such a good option for the local market and has the perfect specs and characteristics....

cuz most tyre shops think one tyre is as good as another and u simply paying for brand and size

Nasrallah
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:36 pm 
Sweet on this forum

Called Mileage Mack south office today for 205 55 16
They only got some brand called Mastercraft for $675

Anybody got experience with Mastercraft?

Thanks

EXODUS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:34 pm 
punchin NOS

ruff neck chicken wrote:
^^^ Could be true by now because i went about a month ago to get Kumho but he was sold out and i had to go Toyo T1R again, which i didn't mind. Thought he would have re-stocked by now. Guy business doing well.

yep dus well due to readily available market :D n most performance cars r southbased

bushwakka
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 am 
punchin NOS

Nasrallah wrote:
Called Mileage Mack south office today for 205 55 16
They only got some brand called Mastercraft for $675

Anybody got experience with Mastercraft?

Thanks

stay away from anything u havnt heard of......it may well be good but don't take the risk.....let someone else be the guinea pig an tell u abt it

JDM_GUY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 pm 
Riding on 17's

geometron wrote:
ruff neck chicken wrote:

yep dus well due to readily available market :D n most performance cars r southbased

Could I have the number for this shop that you bought from in south?

Chemical
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 am 
I LUV THIS PLACE

Eat your heart out Gentlemen......

ZeroOne
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 am 
Shifting into 6th

^^^^They have them down here?

ruff neck chicken
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

Wallpaper business there :mrgreen:

Dave
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 am 
3NE 2NR Moderator

CBH was the first in Trini to have them mounted and running and then when Tyre Centre heard that, they started bringing them in but have since stopped I think. Just selling off what they brought and distributed.

DSM_05
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:49 am 
Riding on 16's

Is that a tiida?

InsanityReigns
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Looking for some Kumho ECT 215/45/17. Where besides Laughlin can they be sourced in Trinidad?

noshownogo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:23 pm 
punchin NOS

Mileage Mack and Tirerack via Powerseller Raptor

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 58  Next