TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HELP... 02 WRX misfire cylinder 4

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Nik
Sweet on this forum

HELP... 02 WRX misfire cylinder 4

Postby Nik » March 21st, 2012, 3:24 pm

need some urgent help or advice on this issue i'm having with my 02 WRX.

I'm getting a misfire between 3500 - 4000 RPM in every gear but once I pass 4000 everything is normal once again, it doesn't happen all the time but most times the issue is there. when at stand still or neutral & I rev pass the point it revs smoothly no misfire.

I ran a scan & got "misfire cylinder #4" then decided to change the plugs & coil packs but it was all in vain.

This is a very VERY annoying issue. I went to 2 different "subaru" garages to inquire about it, 1 advised me that is would be the coil packs & the other was no help at all. So have any of you had an issue like this or have any idea what it may be or what I can do or even know of a good Subaru mechanic who can diagnose & fix this problem.

my car is a stock 2002 WRX. Only upgrades are STI intercooler & 3" turbo back exhaust & the plugs that are being used are ngk iridium 6

I'm trying to see if I can get this sorted out before I leave for vacation next week Thursday else I'll have to wait till I came back after easter.

toymod
Riding on 13's

Re: HELP... 02 WRX misfire cylinder 4

Postby toymod » March 28th, 2012, 11:30 pm

i think it's the injector..was getting the same problem on my forester, measured the resistance on the injector, and it was different from the rest, change and working good now.....

Nik
Sweet on this forum

Postby Nik » April 14th, 2012, 10:30 pm

thanks for all the help (via pm 7 etc) got it sorted out... it was the camshaft position sensor... just changed it & all issues gone

Jimbo
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Jimbo » April 26th, 2013, 8:11 am

How was this diagnosed?

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”