Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014

- It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ronaldo95163
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:41 pm 
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

nervewrecker wrote:
de fork we celebrating arrival day and all dem nigs talkig bout mother africa and kewlies talking bout mother india, they want to un-arrive, be my fakking guest. None of us arrive, all of us born here, tek carnival and haul allyuh mc's.

x2
Maybe they should go to Africa/India and see how things really are :lol:

*$kїđž!™
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

didnt they change the name form indian arrival day to just arrival day a long time ago?>

brams112
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 pm 
punchin NOS

The name was changed years ago to arrival day,but people still put the indian,is just another holiday in my book.

Hirotoshi
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 pm 
Sweet on this forum

lee sing is just being a racist idiot,like his former political leader patridick manning. indian arrivial day was lobbied for by indo-trini community,so it should remain as is.if any ather group want a day let them lobby for it 8-)

Sky
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:11 pm 
punchin NOS

buzz wrote:
I've always said we should do away with arrival and emancipation day :arrow:

AND the most retarded one, Shouter Baptist day. It's a holiday for a subset of a subset of a religion. WTF!
And I'll bump some heads here, but I really don't care who arrived, how and when. We're here and I prefer caring about where we're going.

UML
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm 
punchin NOS

what would be interesting is to know under which govt indian arrival day was granted and the name accepted

:|

Sky
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm 
punchin NOS

UML wrote:
what would be interesting is to know under which govt indian arrival day was granted and the name accepted

:|

I believe it was UNC, can't remember well. Then the Baptists come with their crap and Panday grant it to them to not seem racist. Either way, they were both retarded decisions.

toyota2nr
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 pm 
Riding on 18's

It was under the UNC that Indian Arrival Day came about. But I actually agree with the Mayor. There are too much holidays and events in T&T based and race and groups. Whole they're at it please remove Emancipation Day as well.

Habit7
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 pm 
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Hirotoshi wrote:
lee sing is just being a racist idiot,like his former political leader patridick manning. indian arrivial day was lobbied for by indo-trini community,so it should remain as is.if any ather group want a day let them lobby for it 8-)

^^^^
With this crap, you all can see why I asked my question in the first place.

eliteauto
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

Hirotoshi wrote:

aye penis brain you're aware the holiday was given by Patrick Manning?

BrotherHood
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:50 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Sky wrote:
buzz wrote:

AND the most retarded one, Shouter Baptist day. It's a holiday for a subset of a subset of a religion. WTF!
And I'll bump some heads here, but I really don't care who arrived, how and when. We're here and I prefer caring about where we're going.

Why remove Shouter Baptist day? It is a religious holiday. The Shouter Baptist is a religion and they have their holiday. Hinduism is a religion and they have Divali. Muslim is a religon and they have their holiday, Eid-ul-Fitr. All are religious holidays so why the fcuk you saying that it's the most retarded one?
Respect everyone's religion regardless of what you perceive it to be.

Also, wasn't Indian Arrival Day given by then Prime Minister Patrick Manning under the then PNM regime and not Basdeo Panday under the UNC regime as some of you pointed out?

nervewrecker
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:08 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

BrotherHood wrote:
Sky wrote:
buzz wrote:

Why remove Shouter Baptist day? It is a religious holiday. The Shouter Baptist is a religion and they have their holiday. Hinduism is a religion and they have Divali. Muslim is a religon and they have their holiday, Eid-ul-Fitr. All are religious holidays so why the fcuk you saying that it's the most retarded one?

Also, wasn't Indian Arrival Day given by then Prime Minister Patrick Manning under the then PNM regime and not Basdeo Panday under the UNC regime as some of you pointed out?

Dem shouters made their own religion eh, ah just saying.

nemisis
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:44 am 
punchin NOS

eliteauto wrote:
Hirotoshi wrote:

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrotherHood
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:46 am 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

nervewrecker wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:
Sky wrote:
buzz wrote:

Dem shouters made their own religion eh, ah just saying.

It is a sub set religion if that's the right phrase to use but all religions started out of somewhere and out of something. The world was not born with religion.

Country_Bookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 am 
Riding on 17's

The holiday was first granted in 1994 by Manning as Arrival Day. When Panday became PM in November 1995, he changed it back to Indian Arrival Day. Made a pretty big deal about putting the 'Indian' back into Arrival Day too.

Shango_13
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:43 am 
I LUV THIS PLACE

I came by yuh gyul

chevy3k
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 am 
Sweet on this forum

Indian Arrival Day
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indian Arrival Day is a holiday celebrated on various days in the nations of the Caribbean and the island nation of Mauritius, usually commemorating the arrival of people from the Indian subcontinent to that nation as indentured labor brought by British colonial authorities and their agents

Trinidad and Tobago

Indian Arrival Day is a holiday celebrated on May 30 in Trinidad and Tobago each year since the 1990s. It commemorates the first arrivals from the Indian subcontinent to Trinidad, on May 30, 1845, on the ship Fatel Razack (a rendering of the Arabic Fath Al Razak 'Victory to Allah the Sustainer'). The many versions of the spelling for this historic ship reflects the difficulties of pronunciation and transliteration of foreign and East Indian names in Trinidad (as with the street festival of "Muhurram" or "Hosay" and "Hussay").
[edit]History of the celebration
Indian Arrival Day was first celebrated in Skinner Park, San Fernando, as the East Indian Centenary on May 30, 1945[2] which marked the hundredth anniversary of the coming of Indians to Trinidad. The Acting Governor representing the Government of the United Kingdom attended indicating the significance of the observance. Other local dignitaries who addressed the large crowd included Timothy Roodal, George Fitzpatrick, Adrian Cola Rienzi, and Murli J. Kirpalani. Greetings were also read from Mahatma Gandhi, Lord Wavell, and Colonel Stanley, the Secretary of State for the Colonies.
After the 1945 Centenary extravaganza, however, the celebration of the anniversary of May 30 gradually declined. By the 1950s, the East Indians who followed the Fatel Razack as immigrants to Trinidad were brought over not as free immigrants and farmers, but as "Indo Trinis". By the early seventies only the Hindu group the Divine Life Society of Chaguanas was staging an annual procession and ceremony under the name Indian Emigration Day.
Indian Emigration Day, as it was called then, had been celebrated by various organizations after 1945 with limited success. By 1973 the latest was organized by the Divine Life Society, which had organized small annual processions in Chaguanas for Indian Emigration Day. By the late seventies even that small remembrance was dwindling.
In 1976 the Indian Revival and Reform Association (IRRA) was formed. They were concerned about racism against Indians and were interested in developing ideas, writing pamphlets to bring about an Indian revival and renewed pride in Indian heritage and Indian culture. The IRRA wanted to preserve the good things about Indian heritage and reform the ones that were no longer useful or relevant. The anniversary of the coming of Indians to Trinidad was one of the good things that came to the IRRA notice.
In 1977 IRRA formed committee was established to revive the memory of the coming of Indians to Trinidad on May 30, 1845 - Indian Emigration Day. The initial historic Committee comprised Anand Singh, Khalik Khan, Ramdath Jagessar, Rajiv Sieunarine, Azamudeen "Danny" Jang, Michael Sankar, Rajesh Harricharan, Rajnie Ramlakhan, Anand Maharaj and Ashok Gobin.
The first active step was taken in early 1978, when they produced and distributed an onepage pamphlet with the title “Indian Emigration Day May 30, 1978”. It gave a brief account of the coming of Indians in 1845, and the importance of the event. The names of the first pioneers on the Fath-al Razack were listed, and there was a short description of the achievements of Indians in Trinidad since 1845. The Trinidad Express carried a press release, and the Trinidad Guardian printed an article by Kusha Haracksingh on the voyage of the Fath-al Razack. Mastana Bahar dedicated a show to Indian Emigration Day. San Fernando Secondary School organized a celebration.
A major turning point occurred in 1979 when the group expanded by approaching the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha. The SDMS Secretary General Satnarayan Maharaj receptive to the idea, agreed to organize a major celebration at Lakshmi Girls College on May 27, 1979. IRRA and the SDMS in discussions agreed that Indians were no longer emigrants to Trinidad, but citizens who had arrived 134 years before. Coming out of this discussion the name was then changed to Indian Arrival Day.
The 1979 celebration was a great success and included the presence of some of the original immigrants born in India. Government ministers Sham and Kamal Mohammed were there, as was the Indian High Commissioner and Presbyterian Church moderator Idris Hamid. The event was widely covered by the local media and immediately knew about the event. In fact it took just two years and an idea to revive the memory of the Arrival of Indians in Trinidad to awaken the entire Indian community in Trinidad.
Subsequent years the Hindu Seva Sangh and other smaller groups approached the IRRA for guidance in developing in various communities throughout Trinidad. By 1980 Indian Arrival Day celebrations were held at the Spring Village, Cedros, Penal, San Juan, Chaguanas, and many other parts of the country. The National Joint Action Committee, the Catholic Church, libraries, mosques, mandirs and schools at this point joined in the observances. In a remarkably short time, Indian Arrival Day was sweeping through the country. By 1985 there were more than 10 significant Indian Arrival Day celebrations taking place. The Hindu community took the lead in the development of the celebrations.
In 1991 Members of Parliament Trevor Sudama and Raymond Pallackdarrysingh first introduced to the House of Representatives the concept that Indian Arrival Day should be made a national public holiday. This call to make Indian Arrival Day a public holiday continued to be unheeded until 1995 Prime Minister Patrick Manning declared that the 150th Anniversary would be a public holiday called Indian Arrival Day, but thereafter the holiday will be called Arrival Day. The 1995 celebrations surpassed the 1945 celebrations with the Maha Sabha having major celebrations in Trinidad.
In 1995 Prime Minister Basdeo Panday declared that 30 May would be known as Indian Arrival Day and not Arrival Day. Ironically, in the birthplace of Indian Arrival Day – Trinidad – there is a lobby to remove the word 'Indian' from the name. In the 1990s the Maha Sabha expanded the Indian Arrival Day celebrations and dubbed May as "Indian Heritage Month" which ends on Indian Arrival Day.

zoom rader
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:51 pm 
punchin NOS

Well done " chevy3k " there are those that wish to erase indo history in Trinidad.

Bizzare
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:59 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

ok zoomrader.....

zoom rader
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:12 pm 
punchin NOS

Bizzare wrote:
ok zoomrader.....

Whats your point dude?

Sky
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:16 pm 
punchin NOS

BrotherHood wrote:
Sky wrote:
buzz wrote:

Do you know the religion?
I do.
They're too insignificant in size to warrant a spot on the calendar and just played the race card for Panday

zoom rader wrote:
Well done " chevy3k " there are those that wish to erase indo history in Trinidad.

If they wanted to take off Emancipation day you'd support them, so stoofoo.

Well look at that, the shotta yute defend the baptist, and the resident racist get emo.

This is why I'd rather no arrival day/shouter/emancipation. It divides us.Now which one of these retarded holidays bumped Republic day off again?
Really? take a off a holiday for the nation to put on a holiday for a part of the nation?
Why dwell over who came here, when and how? Why not look at the future and realise that we're here, that's what matter and everybody hadda eat ah food in the future.
One can never walk forward when looking back.

We have 3 major religions and celebrating and respecting all is ok. Your religion is your choice, your race is not.

zoom rader
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:27 pm 
punchin NOS

Sky wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:
Sky wrote:
buzz wrote:

Do you know the religion?
I do.
They're too insignificant in size to warrant a spot on the calendar and just played the race card for Panday

zoom rader wrote:

If they wanted to take off Emancipation day you'd support them, so stoofoo.

Well look at that, the shotta yute defend the baptist, and the resident racist get emo.

This is why I'd rather no arrival day/shouter/emancipation. It divides us.Now which one of these retarded holidays bumped Republic day off again?
Really? take a off a holiday for the nation to put on a holiday for a part of the nation?
Why dwell over who came here, when and how? Why not look at the future and realise that we're here, that's what matter and everybody hadda eat ah food in the future.
One can never walk forward when looking back.

We have 3 major religions and celebrating and respecting all is ok. Your religion is your choice, your race is not.

Dead wrong dude and I never said that. What i always said it to hell with the PNM. Other countries make it a point to teach their history and make it knowen, but we have clowns here want to erase it and most of them are from the PNM.

ek4ever
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:34 pm 
Riding on 18's

K74T wrote:
brickman wrote:
The mayor said it was time to return to the original name, Arrival Day

This.

So according to the mayor the Afro-Trini should celebrate their 'arrival' to Trinidad and Tobago? What fackery is this?

Bizzare
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:35 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

zoomrader, if this was a pledge for emancipation day, shouter baptist day or similar to be removed, you'd have never made it to this thread unless you came to show your support for it.

Bizzare
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:37 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

how about only one friggin day to celebrate everyone's arrival. Only school children and government workers would object to that here in Trinidad.

zoom rader
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:51 pm 
punchin NOS

Bizzare wrote:
zoomrader, if this was a pledge for emancipation day, shouter baptist day or similar to be removed, you'd have never made it to this thread unless you came to show your support for it.

I made it to this thread because some PNM clowns want to do away with Indian arrival day. Anything the PNM says is rubbish. Do I support emancipation day and shouter baptist day? YES !
What i dont support is the PNM

Get you facts right boy

1UZFE
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 pm 
12 pounds of Boost

eliteauto wrote:
Hirotoshi wrote:

hahahha.
Who doh want d holiday nex month get de fak to work...

~Vēġó~
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:26 pm 
3NE 2NR Moderator

lee sing could bawl whatever he want.....it would still be indian arrival day to many ppl.

good ploy nevertheless by him......

caliw
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Lee Sing? steups.. He ent want no bottles in carnival, now this? lol... He sounding like a dictator, doh do this, doh do dat. lol..

I ent of Indian descent, but I say keep the days as they are. I would say there is too many public holidays though. There should only be New Years', religious (Easter, Christmas, Divail, Eid) and Independence.

~Vēġó~
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:50 pm 
3NE 2NR Moderator

so why is there no school vacation for Divali and Eid? wonder if Lee Sing could pioneer this cause for these sections of the ppl.....take out a week from Christmas and Easter and put for Divali and Eid....ent he looking at equity?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next