Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TRAE
punchin NOS

Rowley---- going bankrupt lol

Postby TRAE » April 25th, 2012, 9:56 am

PNM to AG: Stop legal moves against Opposition Leader
Story Created: Apr 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM ECT
The People's National Movement (PNM) is calling on the Attorney General to "immediately withdraw" all legal actions against its leader, Dr Keith Rowley, who is Opposition Leader.
PNM general secretary Ashton Ford yesterday issued a release on behalf of the party calling on AG Anand Ramlogan to "cease and desist from behaviour that undermines the democracy and which are not in the interest of the citizens of our beloved country".
At a press conference on Monday, Rowley said several pre-action protocol letters sent by the AG arising out of statements he (Rowley) made in his capacity as Opposition Leader, would force him to hire attorneys and thereby face bankruptcy. "Every time he (Ramlogan) files a suit, I have to find a lawyer," Rowley stated.
The PNM release also said the party was urging Rowley to continue to vigorously pursue the following issues on behalf of the national community:
a) the role and conduct of the Attorney General in the extradition process of businessmen Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson;
b) the role of the Financial Intelligence Unit with respect to the State of Emergency;
c) the unexplained increase in the budgetary allocations in the Attorney General's office from $30 million in 2010 to $108 million in 2011 and $95 million in 2012.
"The PNM firmly believes that the Attorney General is using taxpayers' money in the most obscene manner to prevent Dr Rowley from acting on behalf of all right-thinking citizens of Trinidad and Tobago," the release stated.
The release added that the party wanted to remind the Attorney General and the government that no amount of bullying and intimidatory tactics would deter Dr Rowley from exercising his duty without fear or favour in accordance with the Constitution of Trinidad and Tobago.
Meanwhile, the PNM Women's League has expressed its "immeasurable abhorrence" of the "new and worrying trend" of the Attorney General, Anand Ramlogan to silence Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley by using State funds to bring legal action against him.
"Attempting to silence the Leader of the Opposition strikes at the very heart of our democracy and using taxpayers' money to do so, while Dr Rowley must pay out of his own pocket for legal representation in response, makes the AG's actions even more reprehensible," the League said in a statement signed by its chairman, Donna Cox.
The release stated Rowley was charged with the responsibility of monitoring what the Government does and does not do, as well as to raise matters of public interest.
"Dr Rowley is sworn to look after the best interest of the people of Trinidad and Tobago without fear or favour and does so with purpose and vigour.... The PNM Women's League stands in total solidarity with its Political Leader and Leader of the Opposition and calls on all right-thinking citizens to raise their voices in denouncing and rejecting the AG's attempt to intimidate and muzzle the Opposition Leader in the discharge of this duties which is an integral component of our democracy," the League said.
—Ria Taitt

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Rowley---- going bankrupt lol

Postby eliteauto » April 25th, 2012, 10:02 am

what's to lol about? The questions he raised affect you too.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 25th, 2012, 10:05 am

I'm trying to find the "lol" part of all of this...

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 25th, 2012, 10:05 am

I was going to start this thread since Monday but I 'fraid I get suit

but this would suffice...

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 25th, 2012, 10:05 am

eliteauto wrote:what's to lol about? The questions he raised affect you too.

X2 not seeing what so fuuny about this article

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » April 25th, 2012, 10:38 am

I still find it funny though. Rowley crying possible bankruptcy.

Seriously though if he made accusations to which he has no evidence then there is possible ground for a lawsuit. But on the other side he has asked questions to which we a population need to know the answers.

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » April 25th, 2012, 10:52 am

toyota2nr wrote:I still find it funny though. Rowley crying possible bankruptcy.

Seriously though if he made accusations to which he has no evidence then there is possible ground for a lawsuit. But on the other side he has asked questions to which we a population need to know the answers.

BIG STEUPS!!!!!!!!!

Bareback
Riding on 16's

Postby Bareback » April 25th, 2012, 10:53 am

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » April 25th, 2012, 11:29 am

RIPEBREDFRUIT wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:I still find it funny though. Rowley crying possible bankruptcy.

BIG STEUPS!!!!!!!!!

I'd also like to know why a budget would jump from 30M to 108M in a year.
Is a budget, not a Flow internet package.

And if Rowley really bumping his gum without evidence, then where's the harm?
Thing are supposed to be transparent, no?
And what's to worry about if there's no corruption? Show him the paperwork and let everyone laugh at him. It's his job to keep the PP in check. Filing suits against him using my money for doing his job is like.....it's like filing suits against him with my money for doing his job.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 25th, 2012, 11:33 am

Even his comrade Wade Mark had to read Peter Joseph's letter into the Hansard after Ramlogan lied about SAUTT operations under Joseph. Mark had to warn him not to abuse the chair he sits in. Then he wants to pull this stunt?

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » April 25th, 2012, 11:50 am

bankrupt? aint KArma a wonderful thing

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » April 25th, 2012, 12:12 pm

what is this Rowley you speaketh of ????

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 25th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Hmmph...never see a man want tuh play mas but 'fraid powder so...:|

Lee Sing looking like a better choice with every passing day oui.

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » April 25th, 2012, 12:36 pm

i know is not just me that seeing that man crying round the place trying to get people on his side for every little thing right? if he wanted to help the PNM party give the title of leadership up... in a normal business unjust scrutiny can be seemed as vandalism on a person's character when blown out of proportion by our mediahouses. Make statements based on proof or let it go like the police did with the detainees of the SoE. Both faced and facing charges based on lack of evidence right?

do yuh sh!t and now you go cry bankrupcy... some of you all is the best at talking jed... get in a accident and doh have insurance and see if you doh get hold nah...

Bareback
Riding on 16's

Postby Bareback » April 25th, 2012, 12:40 pm

The Express Poll.

POLL RESULTS
Do you think the State should help fund Opposition Leader Keith Rowley in his legal battles with Attorney General Anand Ramlogan?

Yes
21% 44

No
79% 164
Total Responses: 208
The opinions expressed in this poll do not necessarily represent the collective views of our community, this station or its management.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » April 25th, 2012, 1:02 pm

What's the big deal? If yuh want to go outside of parliamentary privilege and talk then make sure yuh have evidence to back up yuh talk and expect to face the court. Rowley doing like this is the first time.

Steups! Next WFT

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 25th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Rowley's claim of bankruptcy is surely an embellishment, he surely has the capital (both local and offshore) and from his wife to the entire PNM legal team to provide legal counsel and representation. He is just throwing up his hands to draw attention.

But if the AG wants to go down this track then a guy called Calder Hart should sue many members of the UNC and COP who sought to portray him as a corrupt individual despite for the last four years there has not been any shred evidence of corruption. The most that could be of him is that he may have lied at the commission of inquiry.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 25th, 2012, 2:01 pm

This , Rowley and the PNM are non issues. Rowley and PNM never made any sence so why bother

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » April 25th, 2012, 2:15 pm

zoom rader wrote:This , Rowley and the PNM are non issues. Rowley and PNM never made any sense so why bother

corrected yuh there g

JoKeR1980
punchin NOS

Postby JoKeR1980 » April 25th, 2012, 2:19 pm

zoom rader wrote:This , Rowley and the PNM are non issues. Rowley and PNM never made any sence so why bother

*scrrcchhh*

come in rainman, callin rainman, over

*scrrccch*

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » April 25th, 2012, 3:45 pm

zoom rader wrote:This , Rowley and the PNM are non issues. Rowley and PNM never made any sence so why bother

I guess you make sense. :roll: :roll:

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 25th, 2012, 4:05 pm

So now (according to some tuners),I can't even laugh if I see humor in this thing.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » April 25th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Habit7 wrote:Rowley's claim of bankruptcy is surely an embellishment, he surely has the capital (both local and offshore) and from his wife to the entire PNM legal team to provide legal counsel and representation. He is just throwing up his hands to draw attention.

But if the AG wants to go down this track then a guy called Calder Hart should sue many members of the UNC and COP who sought to portray him as a corrupt individual despite for the last four years there has not been any shred evidence of corruption. The most that could be of him is that he may have lied at the commission of inquiry.

Embellishment or not, it just looks weird for an opposition leader to be complaining about funds. Leave that for the true paupers.

Also, if Calder Hart feels he has a case that his integrity was brought into disrepute, no one is stopping him from suing. By all means, let him go right ahead.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 25th, 2012, 4:47 pm

http://www.knowtnt.com/files/UffCoECons ... Report.pdf

can't believe ppl stll referencing calder hart...

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » April 26th, 2012, 12:18 am

Why can't Rowley exercise his role of raising legitimate questions about the government and keeping the PP in check without being libellous? All our previous Opposition Leaders knew how to criticise the government without exposing themselves to lawsuits.
If the court finds out that he did not slander Ramlogan, then the case is dismissed and he can claim costs from Ramlogan.

pablo_tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pablo_tt » April 26th, 2012, 5:51 am

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » April 26th, 2012, 7:11 am

Hmmm, plenty people in this country knowingly take the blue pill, WOW!

Red pill and blue pill

A budget increase from $30 million to $108 million, that's a difference of $78 million, who wants to explain what it has done?

I really can't believe that the blue pill's effects are so potent

For all we know, some of the beneficiaries of that money probably reading this thread now, what else are you going to do when you start working in an office without an interview and there is no work for you to do, but you knew the right people.....
Last edited by achillies on April 26th, 2012, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 26th, 2012, 7:17 am

Very ironic.

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » April 26th, 2012, 7:19 am

TRAE wrote:
zoom rader wrote:This , Rowley and the PNM are non issues. Rowley and PNM never made any sense so why bother

corrected yuh there g

:lol: one setta phorquing drama queens! everyone knows hes a joke, what opposition? that crumbled shambles of existence that TRY to make the govt look bad?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 26th, 2012, 8:26 am

RIPEBREDFRUIT wrote:
TRAE wrote:

corrected yuh there g

:lol: one setta phorquing drama queens! everyone knows hes a joke, what opposition? that crumbled shambles of existence that TRY to make the govt look bad?

Ripebredfruit u smart. The rest of tuners just dont understand, theres a reason why I wrote ' sense' becuase most tuners here are dense.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”