Wednesday, April 16th, 2014

- It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 420  Next
fras
 Post subject: Re: CS Lancer!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 am 
Chronic 2NR

Biggs3ne wrote:
Hey Fras I passed through D&D Auotworld in St. Mary's and saw the lancers there body, the same ones you inquired about.

I'll call, cause im not seeing any on their webpage 8-)

ZeroOne
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:53 am 
Shifting into 6th

idlemind wrote:
It will work with automatic but it will not show what gear you in as you are under CVT. CVT is one gear. D and/or Ds will illuminate.

Where is your trip meter though?

Its above the odo in our CS on the same LCD screen.

EXODUS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 am 
punchin NOS

lol . u hadda press the black button 3 times. 1st press shows trip A, 2nd- trip B, 3rd ODO.

ZeroOne
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:04 am 
Shifting into 6th

I prefer to see the trip meter and odo the same time without pressing any button, more convenient.

EXODUS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 am 
punchin NOS

y? trip makes no sense n its useless. i just watch my odo to regulate my oil change intervals

idlemind
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 am 
punchin NOS

Nope I rather keep trip on
Reset at the gas station, jus a habit to make sure I get good mileage.

EXODUS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 pm 
punchin NOS

ok well in that case yea but gas isn't an issue in this abundant country :D

ZeroOne
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 pm 
Shifting into 6th

idlemind wrote:

X2 you'll be surprised at how you can measure performance and pick up on developing problems by just comparing at mileage on an empty tank.

EXODUS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 pm 
punchin NOS

ZeroOne wrote:
idlemind wrote:

X2 you'll be surprised at how you can measure performance and pick up on developing problems by just comparing at mileage on an empty tank.

:? :? :shock: takes notes

geivon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:53 pm 
Riding on 13's

wannna kno the cost of an aftermarket spoiler for the cs2 4G15 1.5 lancer approximate or exact price if known

BrotherHood
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:07 am 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Looking for some tailights nuts/bolts and 12 mudguard screws. Who has or where can I go to get/purchase?

EXODUS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:14 am 
punchin NOS

hey what does the starter make contact with in an auto/tiptronic tranny? reason being, im looking for a starter for my engine (gsr93t with tiptronic tranny) but Kronik mentioned that the starter may be a lil diff in the manual and auto cars. thanks

turbo_beast369
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:12 pm 
Riding on 17's

the starter makes contact (meshes) with the flex plate in a tranny...yes in some cases the manual starter may have a different spline or maybe further/nearer travel to crank the engine, i'm not exactly sure tho...what wrong with your starter, didn't your engine come with a manual gearbox, if so then go back with a manual starter

EXODUS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:42 pm 
punchin NOS

got 1 from a manual and confirmed its the same as the auto/tiptronic tranny. my starter is making random clicks but no tumble/engine starts...until after a few tries. so rather than service it, i bought 1. will service n keep the other as spare. yes it came with a manual tranny but i switched it to auto.

turbo_beast369
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:18 am 
Riding on 17's

yea in some cases with other manufacturers the manual and auto starters are different...where u got your starter from? When you changed the engine, which engine/tranny mount brackets had to be modified....in the future I wanna put a GSR 93T but with a 2WD gearbox...so long now u said u was documenting d conversion, let's see it...

EXODUS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 am 
punchin NOS

nah well i didn't document anything cus i didn't get the time to run back and forth by my mech. n the build took way past 3 wks... (1mth 2 wks)...due to sourcing parts. didn't take no pics eitha :S .
but the left side engine mount was all that had to be modified. my mech jus welded a bracket and re-used the same mounts from my 4g18 engine.
axles were gotten from a galant vrg as the stock GSR were too long. axle sockets for the galant and gsr are the same because 1 of mine needed replacing when i mounted the galant's axles.
used a 4g92 tiptronic mivec tranny along with ecu (car has both engine and tranny ecu). the electrician rewired it using the gsr harness and a ck ip panel as he said the sockets behind the ck panel and gsr harness matched up as opposed to using my oem ip panel. used back my 4g18 compressor as well.
the front of the chassis (below the numberplate but to the sides of the lower grille by the fogs) had to be cut to accommodate my 2.5" i/c piping which was reduced to 2 1/4 when entering the engine bay from underneath by the battery due to the small space. that was the best route we cud allocate but i'm sure other ppl wud wanna relocate the battery to the trunk to bypass this obstacle.
everything remained stock except for the exhaust which was redone to 2.5" from manifold to rear and a 2.5 inlet - 4 inch outlet muffler was used with a resonator to quieten the sound. sounds deep n not farty like most hondas.
fuel pump replaced by walbro 255 intank.
i need a FPR as the car runs rich sometimes and cuts off when i lift my foot from the gas pedal on a hill. prolly my MAF sensor needs cleaning.
A NRG voltage stabilizer and grounding kit was employed but i stil feel unsatisfied using it as opposed to my original big 3 with 4 gauge wire. wud check up on that in the coming wks.
I/C is 28"x7"x2.5". Air filter- HKS Mushroom but i replaced it with an K&N big bore. no difference noted though.

pulls somewhat nice but my lifters needs replacing (haven't done so yet) and wanna upgrade the stock turbo to that of an evo 3 or similar.

was wondering if there is an auto LSD available for this tranny as to get power down to both wheels as opposed to going manual transmission.

anyhow, there's not much headache involved as you may think, jus the sourcing/replacing of the older ck gsr parts and price would be the only keep back as opposed to having the newer GDI 93t. stil haven't regretted going the GSR way as opposed to the GDI way altho the GDi 93T wud be bolt for bolt and straight4ward once u buying a frontcut. again, finding the parts in event of any problems/breakage wud be hard...if not Expensive...just as other GSR owners...

also, tuners that has the same GSR setup installed, can u say what mods can be safely done without having a management system installed?

RAYBIC...tell us how ur build went!!!

turbo_beast369
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:23 pm 
Riding on 17's

isn't that mivec tiptronic tranny supposed to be LSD?
finding the parts (new) won't be that hard...as u say it would jus be expensive becuz u shipping from japan...I want to locate a complete 4G18 gearbox conversion out of a CS so all the pedals and shifter would swap bolt for bolt and install a phantom grip LSD kit on it, then deal with putting in the GSR 93T...but I doing it good, meaning servicing everything possible and changing whatever parts so I wouldn't run into any major problems...would be rel down time but it would be worth it

ronsin1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:50 am 
punchin NOS

so after a long three weeks I finally got back the CS from the painters. Will post pictures as soon as I finish the final touches :mrgreen:

sound boy 64
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:29 am 
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

anyone here ever did a SR swap in their cs lancer? i have a few questions

EXODUS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:50 pm 
punchin NOS

no eh! chek nissan forums :D

747 TECHNOLOGIES
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:03 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Changed front, back and transmission mount and getting a vibration on drive at idle, anyone know what can cause this? Im wondering if not the engine mount close to the timing cover side, it could be a bad back mount i got? But someone also said its possible the engine mount is bad, which is teh onyl one i not change. Thats the one on the driveside of the engine.

4G93T GDi

When i come to a slow down or stop at lights and have it on D while holding brakes its vibrating but on neutral or park, its not doing it. While driving the car it does not vibrate.

BrotherHood
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:27 am 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Computerz & Parts Guy wrote:
Changed front, back and transmission mount and getting a vibration on drive at idle, anyone know what can cause this? Im wondering if not the engine mount close to the timing cover side, it could be a bad back mount i got? But someone also said its possible the engine mount is bad, which is teh onyl one i not change. Thats the one on the driveside of the engine.

4G93T GDi

When i come to a slow down or stop at lights and have it on D while holding brakes its vibrating but on neutral or park, its not doing it. While driving the car it does not vibrate.

Definitely is the engine mount. Change the other one and you should be good. Everything you said here was happening to me. When I changed the engine mount, it all stopped.

sound boy 64 wrote:

na bai, no crossbreeding here :lol:

thatguy3832
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:15 am 
3NE 2NR for life

i change rear transmission and cross member no vibration since check you rear engine mount again

raybic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:23 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

fellas have a set of front and back disc brakes for cs2\cs3 the front is the same size is the evo 3 ones, its 4 x 100 its bigger than the normal stock ones. selling the set for 2500 only thing is i have them on for bout 1 year when i did my swap. once u buying it ill take them out, want to upgrade to something bigger.

Biggs3ne
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:37 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

sound boy 64 wrote:

I have a padna who did it? what you want to know?

Biggs3ne
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:22 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

Ok guys here goes:

Got back the car Friday night and everything seems to be in order. My rough idle at start up is no more and I guess it was associated with my blown head gasket. Mech showed me the old one where it was blown. He said that one cylinder was leaking into the other and hence the loss of compression. So far every thing seems ok, but I gonna monitor all week and keep you guys posted.

On another note, I have attached the pics for the grounding I did in my car. I'm not Peter Parker, so please excuse my pics..

I hope my pics and description are enough for you guys. I don't think I could be any more clear than this.

It's a cheap mod and worth it. What you should do is take note of the electrical functioning of your car before you do it and measure the improvement afterwards. That's what I did.

Also, all grounding points should be properly cleaned, sand paper and a bit of elbow grease will do just fine.

Attachments:
File comment: You can do this from any bolt on your engine to any point on the chasis. Stay clear of all belts when choosing your point. As you can see I did it from the top of the tappet pan to the bolt just under the alarm speaker.
engine 2 chasis.jpg
engine 2 chasis.jpg [ 63.45 KiB | Viewed 435 times ]
File comment: This is done from the negative terminal to any where on the tranny you can find to bolt it.
Battery to Transmission.jpg
Battery to Transmission.jpg [ 232.91 KiB | Viewed 435 times ]
File comment: This could be done from the negative battery terminal to any point on your chasis where you could bolt it on.
battery to chasis.jpg
battery to chasis.jpg [ 230.2 KiB | Viewed 435 times ]
File comment: All you have to do is loosen bolt and replace existing charge wire with the 4guage wire and run it back to the positive battery terminal.
alternator charge wire.jpg
alternator charge wire.jpg [ 383.61 KiB | Viewed 435 times ]

EXODUS
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:38 pm 
punchin NOS

and alt to batt? i used 4ga n it worked sweet!

sound boy 64
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:55 am 
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Biggs3ne wrote:
sound boy 64 wrote:

I have a padna who did it? what you want to know?

would the fuel pump work back?
which mounts would need major mods?
would the shifter work back?
axels i could figure that out 8-)

nismotrinidappa
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 am 
3NE2NR is my LIFE

looking for a left side mirror? anybody has?

Biggs3ne
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:16 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

geometron wrote:
and alt to batt? i used 4ga n it worked sweet!

The Last pic has the alt charge wire upgrade to the 4ga, and yes it does work sweet as you stated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 420  Next