TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Anti-Theft device

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Anti-Theft device

Postby crazychinee » April 29th, 2012, 8:26 am

I picked up a new euro, but due to restrictions with the firm and their " no tampering with our electrical or void thy warrenty) policy, I am unable thus far to have at least a GPS tracer installed.

Any suggestions?Car search/gravitrak etc are all out as they require wiring to my battery.

I've been trying to get EBSLTT to wire up a personal GPS for me, but 2 weeks now and the guy still sticking "we outa stock".

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Anti-Theft device

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 29th, 2012, 10:15 am

What does the dealer recommend? They didn't even try to be helpful I'm guessing.

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Anti-Theft device

Postby crazychinee » April 29th, 2012, 11:27 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:What does the dealer recommend? They didn't even try to be helpful I'm guessing.

They were of absolutely no help whatsoever. A certain SS.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » April 29th, 2012, 10:35 pm

wats the euro?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 30th, 2012, 1:02 pm

I came in here and wonder why wonder a euro drive be concerned about anti-theft devices?

Your car is an anti-theft device. Euro parts are in low demand in T&T when compared to Asian brands.
I don't know what euro you have but I am sure it has a coded key, visible VIN, coded in-dash stereo and possibly deadbolts on all doors. You car aint going nowhere.

Unless you get carjacked or your keys get stolen but even then it more than likely rarely enough to be found through the T&T Macco Network

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 30th, 2012, 3:51 pm

who fits an anti-theft device in a euro????
I does park up mine in trincity normal normal.......ah few times I din even lock it

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Anti-Theft device

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 30th, 2012, 5:31 pm

*plots to steal MG Man's unlocked euro*

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crazychinee » April 30th, 2012, 5:41 pm

Habit7 wrote:I came in here and wonder why wonder a euro drive be concerned about anti-theft devices?

Your car is an anti-theft device. Euro parts are in low demand in T&T when compared to Asian brands.
I don't know what euro you have but I am sure it has a coded key, visible VIN, coded in-dash stereo and possibly deadbolts on all doors. You car aint going nowhere.

Unless you get carjacked or your keys get stolen but even then it more than likely rarely enough to be found through the T&T Macco Network

My concern actually is infact car jacking, and not the vehicle itself being stolen.
It's more for personal security than anything else.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 30th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Well then have u ever considered embeding yourself and loved ones with RFID chips?

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crazychinee » April 30th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Habit7 wrote:Well then have u ever considered embeding yourself and loved ones with RFID chips?

Have you ever considered..just not posting if you have nothing constructive to say?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 30th, 2012, 7:29 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:*plots to steal MG Man's unlocked euro*

ha
good luck
I left the MG at dex once and said anyone who could start it could take it for a run.........
I did get a few cuss tho :lol:

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 1st, 2012, 7:24 am

crazychinee wrote:
Habit7 wrote:I came in here and wonder why wonder a euro drive be concerned about anti-theft devices?

My concern actually is infact car jacking, and not the vehicle itself being stolen.

If you do find something worthwhile post it up. I too have similar concerns but cannot afford RFID chip tech :fadein:

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 1st, 2012, 7:25 am

MG Man wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:*plots to steal MG Man's unlocked euro*

ha
good luck
I left the MG at dex once and said anyone who could start it could take it for a run.........
I did get a few cuss tho :lol:

Fair enough...

*plots to steal something from MG Man's unlocked euro*

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 1st, 2012, 8:20 am

lol u might find a few empty blue waters bottles and sweaty tissues :p

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crazychinee » May 1st, 2012, 6:33 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
crazychinee wrote:

If you do find something worthwhile post it up. I too have similar concerns but cannot afford RFID chip tech :fadein:

I've found 2 solutions so far.
One is a standalone live GPS tracking unit that will be hidden in the car. I have located a brand with a good reputation, I can PM details if you wish. Doing some testruns with it so far.

The second, is I am trying to see if EBSLTT will allow me to use a Personal Live GPS tracker that they can monitor, and send help/retrieval if needed. The personal tracker will also be used with a standalone tracer in the car, so either of the units can be tracked, and subsequently retrieved.
The big problem with that is..they are out of personal tracers..

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Anti-Theft device

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 1st, 2012, 6:59 pm

I would appreciate the pm with the info Thanks.

They may be out of personal trackers but the Internet never runs out. Maybe you can get one online.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 2nd, 2012, 9:41 am

crazychinee wrote:
Habit7 wrote:Well then have u ever considered embeding yourself and loved ones with RFID chips?

Have you ever considered..just not posting if you have nothing constructive to say

All I said before was constructive and so was this.

If you are concerned with the individuals in the vehicle and anti-theft device won't provide much help. A stolen euro is very easy to track down and when they ditch your car and seize the occupants, you are left with nothing.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » May 2nd, 2012, 11:34 am

how are euros easy to track down?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 2nd, 2012, 2:03 pm

A brand new euro can easily be spotted amid the Japanese automotive sea that is Trinidad.

If you think I lie check out the Spotters thread. After a year of never using my tuner account I was drawn back to turner after someone posted a new euro of mine there without my knowledge. Now I do the same :oops:

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Anti-Theft device

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 2nd, 2012, 2:37 pm

Habit I hear yuh but yuh cyah get vex or chessbun if a man wanna put a gps in his euro even though they doh get stolen as often.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 2nd, 2012, 3:14 pm

I not getting vex, he could put a tint graphic on the windshield saying SWANKY for all I care.
He asked about anti-theft device for an euro and most ppl I know with new euros know that if there isnt anything snatchable in the cabin, you could as well as leave it unlocked.

Mazdout
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mazdout » May 5th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Saw this today,
GPS FACTORY OUTLET (SALE ON)
NEW LOCATION RD CHAGUANAS
OFFICE: 386-6295 SALES: 389-7829
• Know exactly where your car is
• View the location on your phone/or PC
• Vibration/break glass/door sensors included
• SOS hjack switch/panic button installed