Forums

diagnostic port

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dreadman
Chronic TriniTuner

diagnostic port

Postby dreadman » May 11th, 2012, 2:39 am

i have a hyundai accent with a b14 engine in this. been there for a while an a few days ago encountered a few probs with the engine. the electrician said dat he need to get d diagnostic port on the car in order for him to do d scan but as far as i kno d car doesnt have d port. bear in mind dat i bought the car like this and dont kno if for sure if d car has one. but when i look at the brain box i see a length of harness with a white jack not connected to anything. dont kno wat dat is for. d electrician told me dat is not it but i wanna b sure before i go an buy one to install. do anyone have a pic of d port/jack? i wanna reference it with the one i have in my car.
thanks

audiomagicians
Street 2NR

Re: diagnostic port

Postby audiomagicians » May 12th, 2012, 9:31 pm

well its a 14 pin plug 7 on to 7 below....usually its grey ...but what problem u gettin with de car..i mean any problem a 14 givin is not dat hard to solve it have so much ah dem in de country and dey around a long time now... but u dont get that plug with de engine u have to go fish it out of a front cut ..and apart from myself i dont know much electricians that actually try to wire in one when dey doing a conversion....lemme know ur problem i go give u an idea wey to start.

dreadman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dreadman » May 19th, 2012, 11:11 pm

i am presently gettin a low idle on d engine......first it idles aroun 700rpm and sometimes it jus drops to around 300-400rpm an this is with the ac on. changed d throttlebody and it work good for 2 days den come back. serviced idle control valve with the same prob after. got d diagnostic jack an wired it up, did scan and it said d maf gone so i had changed d throttlebody an still d same problem. ac always on in d car so never tried it without ac.

audiomagicians
Street 2NR

Postby audiomagicians » May 20th, 2012, 5:02 pm

well first start checkin ur fuel pressure and makin sure it above 35psi at idle and 40psi when u pull out the vaccum line for de regulator out. if thats ok then the wiring ..make sure the step up 4 ur ac workin i guessin it not..if the ac is not wired into the ecu then u wont get the step up and the ac cut when at full throttle or if the engine speed drops too low.... check out those things..see what happens...

dreadman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dreadman » June 2nd, 2012, 2:47 pm

wat is ur number?

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”