Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby jm3 » May 15th, 2012, 9:28 pm

im still worried about doing it though because i will owe my friend an iphone or money lol and i really want that money so i can upgrade to a 4s when i get paid :S

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 15th, 2012, 9:34 pm

i just had this brilliant idea....u wont believe it........

......leave it alone!

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 15th, 2012, 9:37 pm

leave it alone then, keep saving the money, buy a factory unlocked iPhone 5 when it's released later this year.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 15th, 2012, 9:40 pm

The days are now being counted for the release of pod2g’s iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, and though the hacker has already been announcing sporadically what device would or would not be supported, he has come up with a formal list.

The good news is that Apple’s most popular devices will all be supported by the untethered jailbreak. The bad news, if you have an older device, you might be out of luck…

This is the list of devices that will be supported:
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4S
    iPad 1
    iPad 2 Wifi
    iPad 3 Wifi
As you can see, only iPad Wi-Fi models are confirmed to be supported at this time.

This is a list of devices pod2g is still working on:
    iPod 4G
    iPad 2 GSM
    iPad 2 CDMA
    iPad 2 Wifi, R2
    iPad 3 CDMA
    iPad 3 Global
    AppleTV 2
It is my understanding that pod2g is actively working on bringing iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak support to these devices. They may or may not be jailbreakable. At this point in time, there is no way to tell, but we want to remain confident.

Finally, this is a list of devices that will not be supported:
    iPhone 3Gs
    iPod 3G
    AppleTV 3
These devices definitely won’t be supported.

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » May 15th, 2012, 9:48 pm

jm3 wrote:need a lil advice here people i bought an i4 for my friend today off a tuner selling in classifieds,
it was being sold as a factory unlocked iphone 4 when i checked the phone i noticed it is on ios 4.3.3 with baseband 04.10.01 now at this time the phone works fine on both networks but it is jailbroken and i am worried that it is not factory unlocked but software unlocked,
i would like to update it to 5.1 like my factory unlocked model for my friend but tbh i do not want to brick it if it turns out not to be factory unlocked.
i have started going throught the process of to the baseband preservation upgrade im just waiting for the ipsw to download.
my question is is there a way to check if it's factory unlocked or not?

4.10.01 cannot be software unlocked bro (ultransnow) , but it's always good to preserve baseband incase your phone gets blacklisted on apples servers

Feel free to update as much as you wants

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 16th, 2012, 1:15 am

it worked out ok this phone isn't mine it was bought for my friend that is why it was worrying lol.
but it turned out to be a true factory unlocked model so its now on 5.1.1 and 4.12 same as my phone thanks for the help guys i think the next one i buy i will ask them to update it before i buy it so there is no grey area

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 16th, 2012, 1:17 am

mojosodope wrote:leave it alone then, keep saving the money, buy a factory unlocked iPhone 5 when it's released later this year.

wasnt for me.

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby iDynamic » May 16th, 2012, 10:20 am

jm3 wrote:it worked out ok this phone isn't mine it was bought for my friend that is why it was worrying lol.
but it turned out to be a true factory unlocked model so its now on 5.1.1 and 4.12 same as my phone thanks for the help guys i think the next one i buy i will ask them to update it before i buy it so there is no grey area

Could get you brand new iPhone 4S white / black 16GB from $4999

Or a used Carbon fibre black 16Gb locked to Bmobile for $4799

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » May 16th, 2012, 10:21 am

marlener wrote:From bad to worst,after trying to download 5.1.1,my phone is now starting and shutting off constantly.Can`t run Ultrasn0w and Redsn0w isn`t working any more it is just sticking in DFU mode.I fed up going use my veer and BB until I get in contact with someone who knows how to fix this.

Feel free to check me I'll fix it for you , call me on 688-3191

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 16th, 2012, 12:11 pm

iDynamic wrote:
jm3 wrote:it worked out ok this phone isn't mine it was bought for my friend that is why it was worrying lol.

Could get you brand new iPhone 4S white / black 16GB from $4999

Or a used Carbon fibre black 16Gb locked to Bmobile for $4799

5000 for a 4s isn't bad thats better than raptors prices lol we'll talk in a few days

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 16th, 2012, 1:54 pm

i know someone who learned the hard way not to trust those sites that say your iPhone is factory unlocked. well not me exactly...

any of those model no. can be sim locked. a time my brother brought a rogers iphone 4 and it had the same model no as mine. except mine was not locked, his was. Remember apple controls the server so theoretically any iphone can be (un)locked.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » May 17th, 2012, 1:29 am

found a nice little program which tells you your iPhone's full history..... but it only works once you have the phone in your hand

which week it was built
date it was sold to first customer
which carrier sold it (which tells you if its factory unlocked or not)
(if not original factory unlocked but still unlocked it will also tell you date when that happened)

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » May 17th, 2012, 7:55 am

planning to share this program or you just letting us know what you have?

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 17th, 2012, 8:37 am

^^^^ahahahhaah...for real i waws gonna ask d same thing

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » May 17th, 2012, 9:07 am

oh sorry.......i only found it last night installed it on another laptop an i did not have the links with me when i posted this from my main laptop..........the program is still in beta

its a pretty handy piece of software does a lot of other stuff

iTools download
Last edited by xtech on May 17th, 2012, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 17th, 2012, 1:28 pm

xtech wrote:oh sorry.......i only found it last night installed it on another laptop an i did not have the links with me when i posted this from my main laptop..........the program is still in beta

http://www.download.hr/software-itools.html

love it :oops:

btw you should probably post it to 9to5mac, lifehacker and the other guys. this is tons cooler than iExplorer and ifunbox

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » May 17th, 2012, 4:23 pm

My cousin has a iPhone4 unlocked via gevey. Anyone here actually knows if Digicel's 4G would work on the handset?

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » May 17th, 2012, 6:54 pm

xtech wrote:oh sorry.......i only found it last night installed it on another laptop an i did not have the links with me when i posted this from my main laptop..........the program is still in beta

Really nice tool there...my warranty on my 4S expires next year Jan bought it in Jan 2012 Register it in JAN everything comes up nice. Nice tool for customers to check there phones they buy down here. :D

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 17th, 2012, 8:07 pm

firstchoicett wrote:Really nice tool there...my warranty on my 4S expires next year Jan bought it in Jan 2012 Register it in JAN everything comes up nice. Nice tool for customers to check there phones they buy down here. :D
As you mention this, what country do you guys register your iPhone under? T&T or US?

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » May 17th, 2012, 8:28 pm

nice!

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » May 17th, 2012, 9:01 pm

dredman1 wrote:
firstchoicett wrote:Really nice tool there...my warranty on my 4S expires next year Jan bought it in Jan 2012 Register it in JAN everything comes up nice. Nice tool for customers to check there phones they buy down here. :D
As you mention this, what country do you guys register your iPhone under? T&T or US?

TT.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 17th, 2012, 9:50 pm

dredman1 wrote:

US

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 17th, 2012, 11:06 pm

firstchoicett wrote:
dredman1 wrote:

TT.
Would've thought US like mojosodope said. Or did you buy your phone locally from bmobile?

For a factory unlocked 4S bought from Apple in the US, should I register it under T&T or US? Any pros or cons to either I should know about before registering it? (Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to iPhone).

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » May 17th, 2012, 11:20 pm

dredman1 wrote:
firstchoicett wrote:
dredman1 wrote:

TT.
Would've thought US like mojosodope said. Or did you buy your phone locally from bmobile?

For a factory unlocked 4S bought from Apple in the US, should I register it under T&T or US? Any pros or cons to either I should know about before registering it? (Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to iPhone).

Register as in... on Apple's website? OR you mean in iTunes for the store?
Apple website... register it so if lost you can track later on.

On iTunes I use TT store. Doesnt have all the apps but more are being added all the time. The most popular ones are there. Also we dont have the music. If you go with the US store you will have to get the gift cards to purchase (unless you have a legit US credit card). In T&T store you just click buy and use our credit cards or gift cards.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 17th, 2012, 11:25 pm

it depends on your needs but I recommend using the US store for everything, set your Apple ID to the US and if you don't have a way of paying via us credit card/debit, Raptor has some great prices on iTunes gift cards which work just as fine.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 17th, 2012, 11:28 pm

^^^ sorry - was referring to registering the device on Apple's website. It asks for your Apple ID and your country - wasn't sure which one to use.

Already have an iTunes ID linked to the US store for my iPad. Never bought any apps yet - only got free ones. But if I have to get an iTunes gift card to buy apps and music that's cool - don't mind doing that for the extra content.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 17th, 2012, 11:35 pm

I think when you set up your device and sign in with your Apple ID it automatically authenticates with Apple servers, registering your device in whatever locale your ID is set to.

https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do

login and check if your phone isn't already registered

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 17th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Ah - you're right. It's already showing up there - thanks! :)

I haven't set up the phone yet though. Only bought and shipped it to a friend last week, and will be getting it over the weekend. Guess it registered it from the information I used to buy it online.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 18th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Have any of your guys signed up and backed this Kickstarter project?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

I did a few months ago and can't wait to get my watch.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » May 19th, 2012, 1:31 am

xtech wrote: Image
iTools download

If you don't have a iPhone at hand to test out the software i posted above

Like when you shopping online or something an if u can get the seller to send you IMEI info

You can still find out if he telling you the truth about it by using a website I just found.

Tells you everything
Complete Phone spec
iOS currently installed
Mac address
Warranty coverage
Warranty period
Purchase country
Carrier that sold it
An if it's still locked to that carrier....<<< most important

Checked all mine an a few locked iPhones I found on eBay an it's spot on

www.imei.info ........... is the website

guess nobody wants a cookie
Last edited by xtech on May 20th, 2012, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”