Saturday, October 25th, 2014



- It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Forum rules


This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.

Jump to:  


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
lighthammer
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 pm 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
@TL - those looking like 255/65R16 or maybe 265/65R16...


Top
 Profile  
 
Paullct
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:10 am 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm
Posts: 1157
lighthammer wrote:
what price you getting the KL71 and the KM2's for jpec?
And where you getting those tyres from?


oh no you didn't just call me jpec :evil:

:agrue:


Top
 Profile  
 
Team Loco
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR Power Seller
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:37 pm
Posts: 4782
Location: Trinidad y Tobago
lighthammer wrote:
@TL - those looking like 255/65R16 or maybe 265/65R16...


its definitely not the size i wanted and i also wanted to install a lift kit but funds a bit low. so i compromised and went with the size available and also ordered some nice wheel spacers for now


Top
 Profile  
 
trinibajan34
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:29 pm 
Offline
Chronic TriniTuner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Posts: 657
Location: san juan
Paullct wrote:
^ i am 70% going with those for my tyre change next month.

the other 30% is toward the Kumho KL71 which are a lot cheaper and have never let me down

the bf is really just for a change in the look of my truck



dey let yuh down on de run ,doh lie now got de pics to prove it


Top
 Profile  
 
lighthammer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:20 am 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Paullct wrote:
lighthammer wrote:
what price you getting the KL71 and the KM2's for jpec?
And where you getting those tyres from?


oh no you didn't just call me jpec :evil:

:agrue:



lol sorry!
I got allyuh mixed up...

Doing a 14-hour shift can make one REALLY tired :).


As an apology, here's a funny picture of a doggie crashing into a bush......

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
lighthammer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:24 am 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
trinibajan34 wrote:
Paullct wrote:
^ i am 70% going with those for my tyre change next month.

the other 30% is toward the Kumho KL71 which are a lot cheaper and have never let me down

the bf is really just for a change in the look of my truck



dey let yuh down on de run ,doh lie now got de pics to prove it


Nah they didn't let him now... Mud Terrain tyres are the worst tyres to use on sandy terrain. They dig way too fast and any little bit of wheelspin will cause you to sink fast up to your axles, worse yet for such an aggressive tyre like the Kumho KL71.

Airing down mud terrain tyres in sand will help a little bit, but you have to be VERY gentle and smooth on the throttle or else it's diggin' time again.


Surprisingly, all-terrain tyres do MUCH better than mud terrains on sand. Even highway tyres can do surprisingly well on sand, once you're easy on the throttle

I have BFG AT's on my navara, and they float really well in Las Cuevas sand, compared to a couple guys with BFG MT KM2's, which dig down very easily.


Top
 Profile  
 
trinibajan34
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 pm 
Offline
Chronic TriniTuner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Posts: 657
Location: san juan
i just got schooled ,word


Top
 Profile  
 
lighthammer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
^^ come with us on a run nah bai.. and we'll show you how pickups do it on a trail!

As my esteemed colleague Droppa says in his signature - Off roading don't necessarily mean you HAVE to buy a jimny. You buy a jimny if you want to do crazy sh!t like them other clubs!!


Top
 Profile  
 
trinibajan34
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:58 pm 
Offline
Chronic TriniTuner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Posts: 657
Location: san juan
All in due time

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
droppa
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:37 pm 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:20 am
Posts: 4115
Location: when in doubt, use 4Lo!!!!!!
lighthammer wrote:
trinibajan34 wrote:
Paullct wrote:
^ i am 70% going with those for my tyre change next month.

the other 30% is toward the Kumho KL71 which are a lot cheaper and have never let me down

the bf is really just for a change in the look of my truck



dey let yuh down on de run ,doh lie now got de pics to prove it


Nah they didn't let him now... Mud Terrain tyres are the worst tyres to use on sandy terrain. They dig way too fast and any little bit of wheelspin will cause you to sink fast up to your axles, worse yet for such an aggressive tyre like the Kumho KL71.

Airing down mud terrain tyres in sand will help a little bit, but you have to be VERY gentle and smooth on the throttle or else it's diggin' time again.


Surprisingly, all-terrain tyres do MUCH better than mud terrains on sand. Even highway tyres can do surprisingly well on sand, once you're easy on the throttle

I have BFG AT's on my navara, and they float really well in Las Cuevas sand, compared to a couple guys with BFG MT KM2's, which dig down very easily.


This!!

true true true, i jus pressed and start to spin right there, before i know it i drill down, engage 4H and rock it forward and backward a couple times, but not roughing it up, and she was out, no assistance.........


Top
 Profile  
 
Paullct
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:25 pm 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm
Posts: 1157
trinibajan34 wrote:
Paullct wrote:
^ i am 70% going with those for my tyre change next month.

the other 30% is toward the Kumho KL71 which are a lot cheaper and have never let me down

the bf is really just for a change in the look of my truck



dey let yuh down on de run ,doh lie now got de pics to prove it


:lol:

if you look at the pics again, i probably could have driven myself out of it but i thought that would be the perfect opportunity for my first "stuck" picture :lol:

that's why i didn't even bother to try. then again, i drove right up that same path with no problem after the hilux pulled me back a bit. i wouldn't say these tyres ever let me down.

on the contrary, it looks like i'm going with the KM2 anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
Paullct
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:27 pm 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm
Posts: 1157
oh and lighthammer I'm getting the Kumho for $1550 and the BF for $1990 per tyre


Top
 Profile  
 
Paullct
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:38 pm 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm
Posts: 1157
these are a couple pics i took of the KM2's next to my current set. they're the same size 33x12.5/15. i decided to wait until after the Morne Diablo run to change them. my KL71s are about 40% life now so a couple more runs won't hurt

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
lighthammer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Image

Hehehe.. i see what you did there...


Top
 Profile  
 
lighthammer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:03 pm 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
^^ does this place have any KM2's in 33x12.5R16?


Top
 Profile  
 
Paullct
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:11 pm 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm
Posts: 1157
lighthammer wrote:
Hehehe.. i see what you did there...


i don't get it :?


lighthammer wrote:
^^ does this place have any KM2's in 33x12.5R16?


nope, but i'm sure you can place an order and they'll bring them in for you


Top
 Profile  
 
wagon r
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:14 am 
Offline
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:47 pm
Posts: 8371
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....
^ you placed the rim and tyre (blocking your rims) as if to signal you're changin them out....


Top
 Profile  
 
Team Loco
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:23 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR Power Seller
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:37 pm
Posts: 4782
Location: Trinidad y Tobago
its 4 km2s on my hilux. i think i made a great choice, didnt get to test them out yet. just highway running, i am surprised that the road noise is actually quit low. paid $1500 per tyre


Top
 Profile  
 
Paullct
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 am 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm
Posts: 1157
wagon r wrote:
^ you placed the rim and tyre (blocking your rims) as if to signal you're changin them out....


oh :lol:

well at that point I was indeed going to change them out but I decided to make a few more runs with the Kumhos


Top
 Profile  
 
droppa
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 am 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:20 am
Posts: 4115
Location: when in doubt, use 4Lo!!!!!!
very good price you got there TL, all the AT BFG i found so far are more expensive than the MT in the comparative size....


Top
 Profile  
 
Team Loco
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:37 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR Power Seller
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:37 pm
Posts: 4782
Location: Trinidad y Tobago
Apparantly I got a wholesale price because we now buy from quikserv for the rest of vehicles.

Just got some nice spacers. Just to improve the appearance of the km2 on my van. Can't wait to install


Top
 Profile  
 
gready123456
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm 
Offline
Sweet on this forum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:20 pm
Posts: 288
lighthammer or any one else do u all know whats the largest size Kl71's or km2's or even bfg AT's can i fit on my navara with out rubbing issues i have stock rims and stock hight

what if i do a 2 inch body life would this help with even bigger tire fitment

what are my options ???


Top
 Profile  
 
lighthammer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:18 am 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
^^ largest you can fit without rubbing is 275/70R16. Any more than that and you'll rub on the inside when turning corners. Right now I'm running 265/70R16

If you do a 2" body lift like I did, you can fit up to 32x11.5R16 without issues... or up to285/65R16.


Top
 Profile  
 
Hamtonic
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:03 pm
Posts: 9
Anyone know where I can get dunlop grandtrek at20 tyres 265/70 R16 to buy?


Top
 Profile  
 
lighthammer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:47 am 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
those tyres are no good.
Stay away from them

They wear quickly, slippery when in the wet.


Top
 Profile  
 
froggyrvr
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:11 pm 
Offline
Ricer

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:22 pm
Posts: 26
lighthammer wrote:
^^ largest you can fit without rubbing is 275/70R16. Any more than that and you'll rub on the inside when turning corners. Right now I'm running 265/70R16

If you do a 2" body lift like I did, you can fit up to 32x11.5R16 without issues... or up to285/65R16.

a 2'' lift in a 2010 4x4 hilux average price and what is the bf a/t and the bf mt km price going at now


Top
 Profile  
 
lighthammer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 am 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 4486
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
froggyrvr wrote:
lighthammer wrote:
^^ largest you can fit without rubbing is 275/70R16. Any more than that and you'll rub on the inside when turning corners. Right now I'm running 265/70R16

If you do a 2" body lift like I did, you can fit up to 32x11.5R16 without issues... or up to285/65R16.

a 2'' lift in a 2010 4x4 hilux average price and what is the bf a/t and the bf mt km price going at now



Side B can organize that for u man!
Or call Harry from trailblazers (don't have a no but PM droppa for a link).

Avg price is about $3200 incl material to do a BL.

BFG AT in 275/70R16 is about $1800 for one, and MT in same size is about $1900 for one.... can't remember off hand so don't quote me but that's an average price at Quickserv.

You can also check Federal's on Cipero Street, san fernando for BFG's.


Top
 Profile  
 
tr1ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:51 am 
Offline
2NR phototakerouter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:02 pm
Posts: 9995
Location: Is ah ranking ting
ollur donate some 16" ole rim (doh let paullct see i ask for 16")

or even 15"


Top
 Profile  
 
droppa
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:00 am 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:20 am
Posts: 4115
Location: when in doubt, use 4Lo!!!!!!
^^ah have a set ah 15s for a 2grand hoss


Top
 Profile  
 
tr1ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 am 
Offline
2NR phototakerouter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:02 pm
Posts: 9995
Location: Is ah ranking ting
send meh some pics nah........ will try to get a sale for the twennies


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Registered users: alexmusicdoctor, anderson01, AVSlimitedTT, Bing [Bot], bless, bluesclues, C.K.P, caglowe, Casper23, chris lamy, crum, dboss33, Deandre, dorgy, eddboi455, Exabot [Bot], Gedeon, godson692, goodear, Google [Bot], GReddy23, Habit7, ian, incredible, irunfreeport, johnsonst1, kareemkrL, Kasey, lancerboss22, legion2710, lovestruck!, m6, Marcos Dios, master2102, Mercenary, moveover, mragoobir, Nathan, nick639, Nightshield, Patman, players, rajbiss, RapToR, Remark, RGD, rigman00, ruffneck_12, Ryan1378, sherall daniel, sickbad, silver racer, skettel, Spearhead, stout, Sunic, Superior Soundz, TechArt, TRD12, Trini Hookah, troublemaker, Twang, Xplode, Yahoo [Bot], zar986, Zorak


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
3NE-2NR