Forums

how to reset the tps on a 20v s/t

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

grasshopper4389
3NE 2NR for life

Postby grasshopper4389 » June 20th, 2012, 9:40 am

i will like to know the procedure to reset the tps to the stock setting ,i had a inexperience mech alter it and would like to set it back reasons that now when driving down the highway the car surges at times and get flat spots at times can someone direct me to some one to reset it .thanks

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: how to reset the tps on a 20v s/t

Postby Hook » June 21st, 2012, 2:43 pm

If you're certain it's the TPS adjustment causing your problem, follow these guidelines.

When you pull out the TPS plug, the pins on the TPS itself are labelled as shown in the diagram - VC is closest to the firewall.

Now, go get your tools, a multimeter and a feeler gauge.

- Remove the intake hose and that engine hook with all the vacuum lines on it, so you could reach the throttle-stop screw with your feeler gauge. Remember where everything goes - take pics if u need to.
- Barely loosen the two screws holding the TPS so that it turns with firm pressure (that way it doesn't lose the adjustment when you're trying to tighten it back).
- Follow the diagram so that the resistance readings on your multimeter are all within the ranges for each gap with the feeler gauge.

Reset ECU and enjoy your ride.

grasshopper4389
3NE 2NR for life

Re: how to reset the tps on a 20v s/t

Postby grasshopper4389 » June 21st, 2012, 7:43 pm

thanks man great information .i am not really into the tech stuff with the meter could you direct me to a mech to check this out please

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » June 21st, 2012, 9:37 pm

:lol: nobody really adjusts TPS stuff unless u have aftermarket management, and another mech might make u pay for a full "tune-over"...I hear real prayers in my experience, that's why I learned to do it myself

print the pic and take it back to the same imps that interfered with it in the first place

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”