TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WOW !!!!! men 4 real in here with these threads!!!!!!!!!!

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

corolladude
Trinituner Peong

Postby corolladude » July 8th, 2012, 10:52 am

men making threads for... drain plug,,,speaker,,,evaporator cost,,,cigarette lighter cost,,,,fasteners and clips fuh nze,,,replacing radiator coolant in ah altis,,,,power steering fluid fuh nze,,,,oil leak,,,,clicking noise,,,,rav 4 97' 3s-fe 4 wheel drive engine burning oil<<this 1 cracking me up!!!...allyuh men serious!!!! best ppls travel,,,sum ppls dont deserve to own cars......this aint rocket science ppls.... :? TOYOTA CAMP SAD SAD SAD!!!!

demogorgon15
3NE 2NR for life

Re: WOW !!!!! men 4 real in here with these threads!!!!!!!!!

Postby demogorgon15 » July 8th, 2012, 12:12 pm

aye I looking for some carbon fiber valve stem caps to reduce the rotating mass of my wheels, Anyone know where I may be able to locate a set? and those mishimoto radiator caps with temp gauge doesn't look like too bad of an idea Image

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » July 9th, 2012, 12:45 pm

LMAO....:) :) :) It sad in truth yes....:(

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » July 9th, 2012, 2:53 pm

and 70,000 threads each asking what's the best oil for a fielder/corolla :roll:

the worst is when somebody has a problem, and we try to explain how to go troubleshooting, sometimes even how to solve it................and then, after you outline in detail how easy it is to do, they ask who to carry the car by to fix it :|

is our fault tho...we stopped posting performance shiznit

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » July 9th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Then there are those who are looking for owner's manuals, or reliability issues, or parts availability for vehicles that have been on the roads for over 10-15 years now !

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » July 9th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Hook wrote:we stopped posting performance shiznit

:lol:

The most popular car in the world (Corolla) coupled with the infamous 2nr Ole Talk Forum, what do y'all expect? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » July 9th, 2012, 6:19 pm

^^^ :lol: well yeah, but we have mr2, Celica, Trueno, Levin, Altezza, Starlet, and Supra owners here as well...it's our fault

corolladude
Trinituner Peong

Postby corolladude » July 10th, 2012, 8:23 am

when i see these kinda topics i dont even bother to post or ask a question...its like i know its hopeless....lol .....so sad :( ....toyota forum use to help me....

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » July 10th, 2012, 11:06 am

^^^ then lewwe do something abt it... fill us in on what DIYs and projects you guys up to these days nuh

I sent my rebuild to be re-rebuilt after my oil pump decided to fack with my bearings on a ring-loading run. Moderate acceleration to 4000rpm in 2nd and my oil pressure drops from 80psi to 10psi. *clackclackclack* on start-up and anywhere after 1800rpm go up.
We scrapped it and luckily it's just the bearings, no scorched pistons, sleeves still not worn in yet, so I'm replacing the crank, rods and oil pump and slapping in a brand new bearing set. No pics...it's waaay too depressing to document it. FM4AG :(

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » July 10th, 2012, 12:55 pm

Hook wrote:^^^ then lewwe do something abt it... fill us in on what DIYs and projects you guys up to these days nuh

I sent my rebuild to be re-rebuilt after my oil pump decided to fack with my bearings on a ring-loading run. Moderate acceleration to 4000rpm in 2nd and my oil pressure drops from 80psi to 10psi. *clackclackclack* on start-up and anywhere after 1800rpm go up.
We scrapped it and luckily it's just the bearings, no scorched pistons, sleeves still not worn in yet, so I'm replacing the crank, rods and oil pump and slapping in a brand new bearing set. No pics...it's waaay too depressing to document it. FM4AG :(

ouch, hope you get that sorted out, I looking to upgrade to z 5e.....

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hibrydsoul » July 10th, 2012, 6:57 pm

:shock: Well I thought coming here with a question in search of an answer was the point of this website regardless of the intensity of the problem? :roll: I'll be the first to admit. I'm no mechanic..... :oops: So anything auto wise, I try my best to research it and while looking for the answer I'll fish it out on here too. I'll admit that even though most of what I ask, I should be able to answer them myself, and sometimes I do but it never faults to ask a question. This is how we learn, for example, I've been interested in switching out my ct9 for another turbo setup, but I've yet to see a thread showing the results of perhaps switching out to a TD04. Yes I've read many threads saying that this turbo is the best to switch out to but none explaining why in detail. Anyways forgive me for my newbish threads..... Not everyone was born with pistonbrains :lol:

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » July 10th, 2012, 10:54 pm

:lol: look some ideas for threads mannnnnnnnnn...we real lapsing

Hibrydsoul
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hibrydsoul » July 11th, 2012, 7:57 am

Its not that... Toyotas are just great cars :)

neoise
Sweet on this forum

Postby neoise » July 16th, 2012, 2:15 pm

OP is this Toyota forum considered a Tech Forum? If so pls refer the following (Flame suit on) :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63125

Yeo wrote:Feel free to post any questions that you may have regarding your car without fear of being flamed.

RULES!
1. Questions MUST be automotive AND clearly stated.

2. For those replying, NO INSULTS. Be as helpful as possible. (regardless of the question) We were all newbies once.

3. Questions and answers only, if information has to be constantly exchanged, pls. PM each other, and ONLY post the final answer/instructions here.

As Hook rightly chastised me about 4yrs years back - this is not the Ole talk forum, ppl come here to seeking assistance. Granted common sense should be used and searches should be performed before posting a query - in the end why is a 'where to get clips question' less important than a 'how to boost question'?

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » July 16th, 2012, 5:09 pm

It's not as clear cut as Automotive Tech in here. Look how we have FS and WTB stickies and selling/advertising of any kind is prohibited there.
The call-outs and trash talk we clamped down on, but it doesn't mean it has to be stoic and dry all the time, and yes, there Is such a thing as a stupid question...or sometimes, not-so-stupid questions asked in profoundly stupid ways. ( :lol: ppl are going to be offended by this)

I think the issues are, for one, the apparent lack of interest in terms of modification, be it performance or cosmetic. Some of my mods were just to make my engine bay pretty - polished valve cover, textured black spark plug cover (I think the thread's still here somewhere), some red hoses here and there.
If you wanna make fibreglass eyelids for your 2002 Yaris, then take some pics and post 'em up. If you're upgrading from factory steelies to those 18" Enkeis you had your eye on since Christmas, then let's hear about it and see some pics. If you're dumping VVT for a set of adjustable gears, a wideband and a F.I.C. then let's see some pics and a dyno sheet.

Then there's the repetition - do we REALLY need to make a new thread every time someone buys a used Corolla just to ask what's the best oil/transmission fluid/brake pads/air filter/headlight bulbs/coolant/indicator fluid...? Yeah, we know you love your car and you want the best for it, but unless there's something drastically different of terribly wrong with it, I don't see why your 2006 Fielder doing 125,000km should require a whole new thread for questions we've already answered in 17 similar threads since 2008.

Then there are the questions that you KNOW you wouldn't ask if u gave it some thought - eg. "my engine is burning a little bit of oil, what should I do?"... a bit of thought would make u ask yourself, "how much is a little bit? are there any leaks? what body and brand of oil am I using now? how old is the engine? am I keeping this car for a few years again?" These things would determine if you should switch brands, get a seal job done, or just use a thicker oil while you save for a head&block swap/rebuild or if you should drive it off a cliff...but more importantly, it'll determine just how much you can do for yourself before making a thread about it.
"I'm hearing a clicking noise by my feet. What could it be?"...maybe, maaaaybe, you shouldn't drive with tap shoes on *shrugs* but we won't have a friggin clue what you're talking about unless one of us sits in the car and listens out for it. So what then? Talk you through how to listen for where the noise is coming from? You need us to make your bed and wash behind your ears too?
Looking for bumper clips? So the parts place down the street wouldn't be the first place to ask? And hey, when you get them, let us know where u got them and how much, and, if possible, make a thread showing us how u replaced those broken clips.

I'll continue this another time...but u get what I'm saying. There will be things that some WILL be clueless about, we weren't all born knowing about cars, but there are some questions we could very well answer for ourselves.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » July 16th, 2012, 9:25 pm

I remain committed to help tuners with questions about their Toyota vehicles,but I must admit that the repetition does affected me negatively.
I certainly would encourage people to 'search' their enquiry before posting since many significant contributions have been made by quite a few knowledgeable individuals.
The work put in by many contributors in presenting their answers are in many cases time consuming and well done.These contributors can really feel 'fed-up' with some justification when the same questions are asked over and over.
I think what people who are willing to help would appreciate is some effort to 'find' before asking.
BTW,look at the number of posts and threads abt toyota cvt tranny fluid!

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » July 17th, 2012, 7:30 am

Of course! That's not to say I won't still help, I will. But ogoarrrr...I does feel like a real bamcie after I explanate mih liver string out and then the author ask who to go by to fix it.

neoise
Sweet on this forum

Postby neoise » July 17th, 2012, 9:00 am

Points noted guys. Off the top of my head, the most popular topics in here are NZE , 4AGE, 3sge ,and probably AE110/111 and JZ related. Perhaps if we sticky a main thread for the offending ones with the first post containing most of the answers to the popular questions/ links to the threads discussing such we could probably help the situation. Just a suggestion - if I have some time I will do up an example to see if uall agree. I know its spoon-feeding but such is life sometimes.

Another point to consider - I have come across some extremely clueless drivers in my time who do not even know how to change a tyre, change oil or even top up brake fluid. It scares me sheitless to know there are ppl out there who unknowingly put my life and others at danger by not changing brake pads, run on defective or snow tyres etc - if a forum like this can help educate the willing ones and make the road a safer place it will be better for us all.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » July 17th, 2012, 9:10 am

Users on this forum have demonstrated, time and time again, that they don't pay attention to stickies.

Case in point, the WTB and FS stickies. Scroll through this forum and see how many shadow topics from WTB and FS threads the moderators have moved to the classifieds.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » July 17th, 2012, 11:24 am

I didn't want to say,but 'hook' is a tuner/ mod who really has a lot of patience.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » July 17th, 2012, 11:41 am

:lol: trust me, it has crossed my mind on several occasions to delete threads and dispense ban from ah side, but that would be an abuse of powers

when I'm in a good mood, I'll merge with the appropriate sticky, otherwise, I'll just move it to the classifieds and leave a shadow topic...I rarely delete stuff here

I was hoping the posters int eh stickies would edit their posts when stuff is sold (or even report the posts if they can't edit) so we'll know to remove the posts and avoid the clutter...but that's asking too much.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”