TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kkallicharan
Street 2NR

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby kkallicharan » July 26th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Only 379grand apparently
Attachments
86.jpg
86.jpg (30.73 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
86.jpg
beauty
86.jpg (30.73 KiB) Viewed 2688 times

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 27th, 2012, 7:09 am

one actually reach here well look ting

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » July 27th, 2012, 1:34 pm

kkallicharan wrote:Only 379grand apparently

I expected a lot more indeed. But that brand new from tttl or a third party dealer?

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » July 27th, 2012, 1:55 pm

christopherwilliams2 wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:So just to update yal concerning the rav4 checkup

Problems encountered were:
Replace steering coupling
Replace intermediate shaft
Replace right side engine mount
Replace spiral cable (airbag light problem)
Replace belt tensioner

All those parts and labour costing around 11gran. Must admit I expected it cost more with such a longish list of things to replace.

How long you've had this vehicle?

December this year will make it 6 years.
Doing about 120k kms

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » July 27th, 2012, 3:28 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:

Replace belt tensioner

All those parts and labour costing around 11gran. Must admit I expected it cost more with such a longish list of things to replace.

Doing about 120k kms

not bad at all/

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 27th, 2012, 3:39 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:

Replace belt tensioner

Doing about 120k kms

not bad at all/

u cant be serious? ive changed less parts on my Kia Rio
on the flipside my sister corolla is a PCE doin 120k and has changed only the fan belt other than regular service

trini mk5
punchin NOS

Postby trini mk5 » July 27th, 2012, 6:25 pm

^^Car companies rarely make their own parts, they outsource them. For example BOSCH makes electronic parts for a lot of vehicles and you would often find that two or more different cars carry the same parts.

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » July 27th, 2012, 7:49 pm

True dat.
379k for that Toyota eh so bad considering some of their other prices. Insurance does be higher for dem 2 door tings though.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » July 27th, 2012, 8:32 pm

cinco wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:

Replace belt tensioner

Doing about 120k kms

not bad at all/

u cant be serious? ive changed less parts on my Kia Rio
on the flipside my sister corolla is a PCE doin 120k and has changed only the fan belt other than regular service

An suv and a sedan have vastly different costs.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » July 28th, 2012, 12:11 am

kurpal_v2 wrote:

Sorry to say but indeed so.

Thankfully mine wasnt so bad, just a few rubbers and oil changes :lol:

I eh change rubbers..I should tho. Probably nuh healthy..:/

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 29th, 2012, 12:07 am

An suv and a sedan have vastly different costs.

and why? it is the same assembly line and same manufacturers
point is tho those parts he has had to change has nothing to do with normal maintenance and wear that is terrible failure for a new vehicle

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » July 30th, 2012, 7:45 am

379k for a rwd toyota with a 2.0 n/a engine and that eh bad? But a Corolla 1.5 with steel rims and no abs is 185k and that is rip-off?

I would like to see Classic bring in the Civic Si to humble those new FT-86's. :twisted: or SS should bring in the 2.0 miata to join the party.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » July 30th, 2012, 7:58 am

the GT86 isnt about speed or handling or whatever; from the reviews i've read, it's more the experience you get while driving it. To paraphrase a review I've read, it's a 'proper sports car' even though u may not be able to smoke perhaps most of the cars in its category.

379k isnt bad for a car of that calibre IMO; and it starts around 25,000 pounds in the UK.. conversion rate, shippping, taxes, licensing, etc..that aint too shabby.

whereas a corolla starts around 16,000 US and starting price is 185?? for a 1.5? (Toyota salesperson told me the corollas and rav4s are based on the US version :? hence reason for that US comparison)

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » July 30th, 2012, 8:21 am

scotty good point, but if the vehicle itself was co-developed between toyota and subaru I would expect the cost should be less than a wrx ($25,595.) and BRZ ($25,495.). I suspect toyota has a higher markup on the 86 vs subaru's markup on the wrx.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't pay WRX money for the FT-86.

trini mk5
punchin NOS

Postby trini mk5 » July 30th, 2012, 8:33 am

^^exactly!! If you are accustomed to only driving these econo box front wheel drive cars then this FT-86 will seem like the best thing ever, so i guess TTTL will exploit that fact.

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » July 30th, 2012, 8:39 am

acesinghit the Civic Si won't humble the 86. Big disadvantage right out the gate for the Honda is lack of RWD as opposed to the Toyota.

Engine specs and straight line performance are basically the same, Honda was never renowned for great handling sans the Type R's and ultimately is soft in the corners. When the road gets twisty, the 86 will leave the Si behind.

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » July 30th, 2012, 1:09 pm

^^Maybe the new Si's might get the beat down from the GT-86 (lack lustre 2.4 engine, low rev limit, soft suspension), but the older Si's with the higher strung K20 would probably hold up well, they do have nice handling.

But that said, scotty_buttons is correct, the car is about handling prowess, precision driving, and easy-to-learn on dynamics - it's basically Subaru/Toyota's answer to the Miata (as asg-hit pointed out).

the Miata was never intended to be a str8 line dragster, but rather, to promote "one-ness" between car and driver (jinba-ittai or whatever they called it).

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » July 30th, 2012, 2:55 pm

That 'one-ness' as you put it is worth much more than the extra straight line speed for many drivers, and toyota and mazda have known that for some time, and subaru apparantly is learning. Would take that over the extra kick the WRX offers any day.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » July 30th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Wrt to WRX and speed. Why not get a RORO Evo with that money? It'll outperform that WRX or Sti for that matter any day :lol:
(not starting a Evo vs Sti debate)

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » July 30th, 2012, 6:05 pm

trini mk5 wrote:^^exactly!! If you are accustomed to only driving these econo box front wheel drive cars then this FT-86 will seem like the best thing ever, so i guess TTTL will exploit that fact.

these things only have as much value as people are willing to pay for it. Unfortunately, I'm sure it will sell very well, the stealerships will continue with their casual price hikes, and people will still support them. Just now we'll see $300,000+ compact cars :roll:
I asked the question before and didn't get a response, but does anyone know whether or not there is some kind of law which bans multiple authorized dealerships :?:

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » July 30th, 2012, 8:42 pm

tourniquet wrote:these things only have as much value as people are willing to pay for it. Unfortunately, I'm sure it will sell very well, the stealerships will continue with their casual price hikes, and people will still support them. Just now we'll see $300,000+ compact cars :roll:

Fully agree there, but accepting these unfair conditions, it's a good price!.. Currently. Expect it to raise in a month's time or less.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » July 30th, 2012, 9:06 pm

tourniquet wrote:I asked the question before and didn't get a response, but does anyone know whether or not there is some kind of law which bans multiple authorized dealerships :?:

I do not believe that there is any statutory law that prevents multiple authorised dealerships. Amar and City Motors were both distributors for Peugeot vehicles in Trinidad at one time. I honestly cannot say if the Amar dealership was a Peugeot sanctioned dealership, but for the short period when Amar still sold automobiles, I heard of less complaints from his dealership than from the City Motors one.

Most likely the decision concerning multiple dealerships within a territory lies with the automobile manufacturer/regional representative and not the government of the territory. I cannot see why if a dealer is willing to agree to the terms of the dealership franchise (proper representation and support of the brand) why the automobile manufacturer/regional representative would not grant the dealer the franchise.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 30th, 2012, 11:10 pm

Checked out N&M on Cipero street. Went thru most of the vehicles there out of boredom. Prices obtained on the 28 of July. Cel phone pics. Hard luck bout the quality.

Subaru Forester: $345,000.00 - 2.0 Litre normally aspirated engine. Didn't really check this vehicle out. No spec sheets available.

Subaru Legacy Wagon: $365,000.00 - 2.0 Litre normally aspirated engine. Didn't check out this car much. No spec sheets available. Rear has excellent leg room. Couldn't see myself buying this though.

Hyundai Elantra: $186,000.00 - 1.6 Litre normally aspirated engine, 130PS @ 6300 rpm, torque: 16Kg.m @4850 rpm. 6 speed automatic tranny. 17'' alloy wheels. Rain sensor. Fabric interior. 2 airbags. Bluetooth. Sunglasses holder. AM/FM/MP3/CD. Rear suspension: torsion beam

Hyundai Velostar: $229,000.00 - 1.6 Litre normally aspirated engine, 130PS @ 6300 rpm, torque: 16Kg.m @4850 rpm(basically elantra engine). 6 speed automatic tranny. 6 airbags. 18'' alloy wheels. Leather interior. Bluetooth. Panoramic sunroof. Rear suspension: torsion beam. Other features include not enough room for someone over 6 feet. I wanted to like this vehicle. Especially after seeing it in motion on the highway. In person though not really impressed. Styling from Hyundai shouldn't cost this much imo.

Image[/url]

Subaru Impreza : $260,000.00!!! I didn't believe the first person to post this price up. WDMC. 1.6 Litre non turbo, automatic. Cloth interior. AWD. Meh @ this price.

Had to take a pic of this triangular shape by the A pillar. Takes away from the vehicle. Felt like I was back inthe 80s.

Nissan Juke: $229,000.00 "Fully Loaded" - 1.6 Litre non turbo, automatic. 17 inch alloy wheels. Leather seats. Front, side and curtain airbags. 6 speakers, AM/FM/CD/MP3. NO ARM REST WDMC.

I really trying not to hate on this vehicle but the styling is not my kinda taste.

Nissan Murano: $570,000.00 - 3.5 V6 normally aspirated. 18'' allow wheels. Push start button. Leather seats. 11 speaker bose system with 6 CD changer. Dual zone Air Con. Front, side and curtain airbags. Rear DVD screen of 9''. Cruise Control. Automated boot opening.

Last edited by Allergic2BunnyEars on July 30th, 2012, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » July 30th, 2012, 11:23 pm

take best informative post in thread BunnyEars :lol:

But, 260K for d IMPREZA?! wdmc

trini mk5
punchin NOS

Postby trini mk5 » July 30th, 2012, 11:25 pm

^^was now gonna post that. 260K for the impreza and 186k for the elantra which is better looking. WDMC wrong with N&M. All those subarus overpriced by 100k

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 30th, 2012, 11:31 pm

good post allergic.
elantra lookin good bai

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » July 31st, 2012, 5:39 am

Very nice post there allergicbunnyman.

Did they have the Juke Turbo in stock to check out? Aside from the engine, it adds some features like a 6 speed manual, red stitching on the steering wheel and upholstery etc etc.

I still can't get over the looks (or lack thereof) though :?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 31st, 2012, 6:07 am

Juke Turbo wasn't in stock. Rep told me it will come with a 1.6 litre turbo with 6 speed manual for $239,000.00. According to the spec sheet it looks like the same stuff you get in the fully loaded Juke mostly as you already get red stitched leather interior with that one minus on the steering wheel.

Imagine that nah. 1.6 litre turbo with leather seats with red stitching in a larger vehicle for 239k and the impreza with cloth seats and no turbo and ugly as A-pillar thingy going for 260k.

If you want a lil speed in a new car at a "reasonable" price your options are very limited.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » July 31st, 2012, 11:51 am

I notice allergic did not bother to post up the $153k made in india, manual rear windows, rear drum brakes blue 1.5 nissan versa sedan and $133k 1.2 Nissan March!!!! Did u run out of time or just did not give a sheit? lol

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 31st, 2012, 12:00 pm

acesinghit wrote:I notice allergic did not bother to post up the $153k made in india, manual rear windows, rear drum brakes blue 1.5 nissan versa sedan and $133k 1.2 Nissan March!!!! Did u run out of time or just did not give a sheit? lol

LOL

I had every intention to put up prices and pics for the Versa. Took pics of the interior and got sidetracked so didn't have exterior shots and I also forgot to ask the sales rep about the price. Didn't see any March though. Will post up interior pics and combine with yuh prices. Lol doh make me out to hate on any car. I went into each model they had there besides the i-30 due to time contraints.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”