Forums

***Official 2012 olympics thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Cid
Riding on 17's

Re: ***Official 2012 olympics thread***

Postby Cid » August 9th, 2012, 10:55 am

some ppl in dis ched talking like they represent their country at the Olympics already and they know how easy it is .....

well no amount of foolish comments could take away that moment of looking at a worldwide even such as this , and seeing your countryman and feeling a sense of pride because we reach....we standing among the best ,we barking with the big dawgs .......

all d donkeys in dis ched cld bray all dae want ......it doesnt change the fact that our guyz did great and the majority of Trinidadians know and appreciate this.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 9th, 2012, 11:01 am

Skanky wrote:I 100% agree with AP and Pioneer.Trinis just downright don't know what excellence is and how to achieve it because we live in a society where mediocrity is the norm and accepted.

I personally know an athlete representing us right now at the olympics who around 10am was buying breakfast of fried bake and saltfish and a large sugary juice.On top of that I asked where the athlete was headed next and I was told training.....dais excellence?On top of that the athlete was late for training.....dais excellence?

Another time all of trinidad gearing up for world cup football qualifier,important match for us and I see a player buying KFC for lunch.....dais excellence?

Until we as a society stop breeding,condoning and accepting mediocrity from the top to the bottom of society, we will forever be nothing more than a land of wasted,unrealised potential.

Well look at ting! Eating FRIED bake and saltfish and KFC. These athletes are ridiculous!

And I agree full-heartedly with your last comment (bolded).

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 9th, 2012, 11:03 am

this is what spoil this thread and would lead to it being locked.the like of pioneer and AP..they taking this race thing ah lil to far especially pioneer,he just taken up on this "talk nah" society bull sheit,wam yuh jealous,yuh ever see ah mamoo represent trinidad at the olympics and win something,yuh ever hear any Singh or Maraj represent us at the games and win something.NOOOO...

pionner is ppl like you that have this country the way it is right now,kill yuh ded yuh is ah american,why the fork you still living here then?so what if ppl take pride in biggin up those who represent the country,hush yuh kant!!!!!.can you do better???? if the government praises mediocrity,so what? do something bout it nah!!!all you studying is talk nah society...

further more why yuh doh hush yuh stinking dutty MC...........

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » August 9th, 2012, 11:06 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Skanky wrote:I 100% agree with AP and Pioneer.Trinis just downright don't know what excellence is and how to achieve it because we live in a society where mediocrity is the norm and accepted.

I personally know an athlete representing us right now at the olympics who around 10am was buying breakfast of fried bake and saltfish and a large sugary juice.On top of that I asked where the athlete was headed next and I was told training.....dais excellence?On top of that the athlete was late for training.....dais excellence?

Another time all of trinidad gearing up for world cup football qualifier,important match for us and I see a player buying KFC for lunch.....dais excellence?

Until we as a society stop breeding,condoning and accepting mediocrity from the top to the bottom of society, we will forever be nothing more than a land of wasted,unrealised potential.

can you do better than any of those athletes you talking about?

Yuh know, that's not the point. Although anecdotal, he is pointing out the lack of discipline. That is all.

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » August 9th, 2012, 11:13 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:

Well look at ting! Eating FRIED bake and saltfish and KFC. These athletes are ridiculous!

And I agree full-heartedly with your last comment (bolded).

Again, we go off on a tangent because we see a athlete eating kfc... smh :roll:

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 9th, 2012, 11:16 am

crazybalhead wrote:

Yuh know, that's not the point. Although anecdotal, he is pointing out the lack of discipline. That is all.

so becuz he's an athlete,he cyah eat those things?

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 9th, 2012, 11:21 am

crazybalhead wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CBH, please handle accordingly. :lol: :lol:

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 9th, 2012, 11:22 am

crazybalhead wrote:

Not sure if srs

This all boils down to one thing..
Majority of Trinis are hypocrites who can't handle the truth.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 9th, 2012, 11:25 am

S_2NR wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:

Not sure if srs

This all boils down to one thing..
Majority of Trinis are hypocrites who can't handle the truth.

can you all could point out which athlete actually sticks to a particular diet n not eat any sorta fast food?????????

triniangie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby triniangie » August 9th, 2012, 11:27 am

To the supporters: 100K mentions of #I4TandT (on Twitter) will raise $200K for future Olympic and Paraolympic athletes of Trinidad and Tobago

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » August 9th, 2012, 12:12 pm

To me, and which emphasises my point even further about the low standards in our society, is that the people who are dwelling on the lack of nutritional discipline clearly missed the equally important point that the athlete was late for their job.

triniangie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby triniangie » August 9th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Sarah Attar finished last and more than a half-minute slower than her nearest competitor in the women’s 800 meters. Yet hundreds rose to give her a standing ovation as she crossed the finish line.
For the first woman from Saudi Arabia to compete in track and field at the Olympics,the principle was more important than the performance Wednesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ol ... story.html

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » August 9th, 2012, 1:16 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:this is what spoil this thread and would lead to it being locked.the like of pioneer and AP..they taking this race thing ah lil to far especially pioneer,he just taken up on this "talk nah" society bull sheit,wam yuh jealous,yuh ever see ah mamoo represent trinidad at the olympics and win something,yuh ever hear any Singh or Maraj represent us at the games and win something.NOOOO...

pionner is ppl like you that have this country the way it is right now,kill yuh ded yuh is ah american,why the fork you still living here then?so what if ppl take pride in biggin up those who represent the country,hush yuh kant!!!!!.can you do better???? if the government praises mediocrity,so what? do something bout it nah!!!all you studying is talk nah society...

further more why yuh doh hush yuh stinking dutty MC...........

:rofl:
Man say mamoo oui :lol: :lol: :lol:

AP and Pioneer are attention whores man :lol:

:lol: @AP talking about proper dieting......

triniangie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby triniangie » August 9th, 2012, 1:49 pm

*update to Men's 4X400 Relay:

South Africa and Venezuela in; Poland out

Oscar Pistorius, South Africa to run relay final on appeal
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/0 ... de=1353145

Venezuelan 4x400 team wins appeal, will compete in Olympic final
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports ... pic-final/

http://www.london2012.com/athletics/eve ... index.html
untitled.JPG

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » August 9th, 2012, 2:11 pm

One lady pass though and most of us got into argument/discussion mode on what we should appreciate. Thank you Angie for bring us back on track.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 9th, 2012, 2:13 pm

well said^
200m finals on at 3:55 this evening

triniangie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby triniangie » August 9th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Not a problem cornfused :)

and don't forget we have Women's 4 x 100m Relay at 3:20
untitled.JPG

triniangie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby triniangie » August 9th, 2012, 3:29 pm

^ 2nd in 1st Heat

2nd fastest time with 42.31!!!

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » August 9th, 2012, 3:44 pm

Plebs, cool it. Who don't want to watch mediocrity, turn off yuh TV or switch to Spongebob.

New Men's 800m WR. Man run like a horse.

On to the 200m!!!!

triniangie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby triniangie » August 9th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Jamaica - GOLD SILVER and BRONZE!!! 200M Men

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » August 9th, 2012, 4:07 pm

^Yup. Fellas movin' greedy. Great race.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 9th, 2012, 4:08 pm

clean sweep by Jamaica in 200m!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 9th, 2012, 4:09 pm

Usain Bolt is the first man to win back-to-back sprint doubles

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » August 9th, 2012, 4:11 pm

bolt rell theef blake head in the last 50m jed. great win for jamaica!

jusme
Shifting into 6th

Postby jusme » August 9th, 2012, 4:13 pm

^^ freal he theef my head too

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » August 9th, 2012, 4:26 pm

rfari wrote:bolt rell theef blake head in the last 50m jed. great win for jamaica!

lol. Ent. Thought Blake was catching up oui, Bolt dig deeper in the tank.

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » August 9th, 2012, 5:06 pm

1,2,3 wow Big up , I don't know what Blake was thinking that he can beat Bolt at the Olympics . Great race and 200 and 100 m winner. That guy who was third is a champion in the making.

Our women despite some shaky changes managed to finish with the second fastest time and new National Record of 42.31 a run with some better exchanges should see us medal

However both Ukraine and Jamaica had some crappy exchanges as well , it will be close

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 9th, 2012, 5:09 pm

shogun wrote:
rfari wrote:bolt rell theef blake head in the last 50m jed. great win for jamaica!

lol. Ent. Thought Blake was catching up oui, Bolt dig deeper in the tank.

he always starting off slow and half way through does fire up ah rocket or something :|

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » August 9th, 2012, 5:39 pm

just some humour for the thread guys :lol:

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-medi ... the-memes/

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » August 9th, 2012, 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Advertisement