Forums

MITSUBISHI 4G15 DOHC HELP!!

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

chickenheadeater
Riding on 13's

MITSUBISHI 4G15 DOHC HELP!!

Postby chickenheadeater » March 19th, 2005, 2:48 am

OK here is the deal, i had a lancer with a 4G15 SOHC engine which died. So i swapped in a 4G15 DOHC, and tranny after some work and getting it right i finally got the engine to start

but now the neutral bulb for the transmision keeps blinking if i put it in gear, and the car is rolling in 2nd all the time??

any clue??

parts we got:
new engine
tranny
complete wire harness
brain box for tranny

brain for engine: this was not attached to the engine harness it was one they had on the shelf.... i feel this may be the wrong brain..

if anyone has this engine could u possible post the ecu number so i can check plz
thnx

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » March 19th, 2005, 10:57 am

Check the inhibitor switch..(the electrical component on the tranny itself. it may need to be replaced or maybe just some wd40. Also, Check the Oil in the tranny it could be contaminated or overfilled.

besides which...the tranny ECU is pretty much standalone for CK lancers so the fact the ecu was not on the car isn't such a issue

Jesu
Riding on 13's

Postby Jesu » March 23rd, 2005, 12:34 am

Suppose the mechanic who worked on the car used normal Auto trans fluid, rather than ATF +3 in the tranny, would that cause trouble aswell?

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » March 23rd, 2005, 1:11 am

it's plausible, however i don't believe that would cause the problem first try. Also, check your TPS sensor and if neccessary, replace it. That also has a profound effect with INVECS II trannys

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » March 23rd, 2005, 1:55 am

also forgot to mention.....check the fluid level in the tranny...If it's way too high or low it will cause this as well.

TRD tiger
Street 2NR

Postby TRD tiger » March 23rd, 2005, 7:19 pm

once your engine is idling properly ...the ecu for the engine is mostlikely the correct one...however your problem is either the transmission ecu or something is wrong with the sensor that is on the gear selector of the transmission that tells you what gear you are in ..if it blinks when you try to put it in drive ..that may be faulty.......just a guess here...

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » March 24th, 2005, 1:25 am

once your engine is idling properly ...the ecu for the engine is mostlikely the correct one...

hmmm not really...

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”