TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

can licensing office approve fogs please read!

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Andrew5710
Street 2NR

can licensing office approve fogs please read!

Postby Andrew5710 » June 27th, 2014, 8:08 pm

I have fogs on a ad wagon hid kit intensity 8k after writing up the ticket for 750 the officer told me to avoid this again, go to licensing office in port of spain and ask them to approve my fogs they will charge me 20 dollars and give me a cirtificate stating my fogs are approved he said fogs that any other colour than white will not be approved and your ticket will be sure have any of you heard about this???

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: can licensing office approve fogs please read!

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 27th, 2014, 9:51 pm

LOL, if you go LO with that HID in fog, they gonna hit you another ticket.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 27th, 2014, 9:52 pm

hid is fogs is utter crap...

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » June 28th, 2014, 6:37 am

go try and report back, thats how we learn, somebody has to have the experience to share...

Andrew5710
Street 2NR

Postby Andrew5710 » June 28th, 2014, 8:50 am

i will check them out and hear what they say give me a week...

Andrew5710
Street 2NR

Postby Andrew5710 » June 28th, 2014, 9:07 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:LOL, if you go LO with that HID in fog, they gonna hit you another ticket.

parking far and walking in just to find out d info lol

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » June 28th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Andrew5710 wrote:i will check them out and hear what they say give me a week...

looking forward to it.

bossmann
Trinituner Peong

Postby bossmann » June 28th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Those HID's properly installed/ angled?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » June 29th, 2014, 9:52 am

Andrew5710 wrote:I have fogs on a ad wagon hid kit intensity 8k after writing up the ticket for 750 the officer told me to avoid this again, go to licensing office in port of spain and ask them to approve my fogs they will charge me 20 dollars and give me a cirtificate stating my fogs are approved he said fogs that any other colour than white will not be approved and your ticket will be sure have any of you heard about this???

:lol: who ever told you that info is a real pleb.

why are street lights yellow / amber?
why are factory fogs yellow / amber?

lastly HID is foglights are useless....you are essentially blinding oncoming traffic.
are you one of those who drive with only fog lights on and no headlights??

lastly the reason why LO say fogs are illegal is cause of "monkey see monkey do"
one fool put 8k HID in the foglight..another fool say it lookin good and do that too...pretty soon we hav everyone with 8k fog lights blinding other drivers.

another sceneario:

one fool drive with fogs on during the day - which is a charge btw -another fool see it an say it lookin good -and just like before we have everyone drivin with fog on durin the day time.

so which is easier for LO to do to fix the problem - say what kelvin is supposed to be used in fog lights or say fog lights illegal on the whole.???

here's a fun activity to try with your 8K HID foglight
when there white rain i want you to turn on your fogs and try driving through that. come back and tell us the outcome.

from an engineering stand point -you cant simply install HID system into a fog lights. go figure out why.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » June 30th, 2014, 3:47 pm

skylinechild wrote:
Andrew5710 wrote:I have fogs on a ad wagon hid kit intensity 8k after writing up the ticket for 750 the officer told me to avoid this again, go to licensing office in port of spain and ask them to approve my fogs they will charge me 20 dollars and give me a cirtificate stating my fogs are approved he said fogs that any other colour than white will not be approved and your ticket will be sure have any of you heard about this???

lastly HID is foglights are useless....you are essentially blinding oncoming traffic.

lastly the reason why LO say fogs are illegal is cause of "monkey see monkey do"
one fool put 8k HID in the foglight..another fool say it lookin good and do that too...pretty soon we hav everyone with 8k fog lights blinding other drivers.

another sceneario:

one fool drive with fogs on during the day - which is a charge btw -another fool see it an say it lookin good -and just like before we have everyone drivin with fog on durin the day time.

so which is easier for LO to do to fix the problem - say what kelvin is supposed to be used in fog lights or say fog lights illegal on the whole.???

when there white rain i want you to turn on your fogs and try driving through that. come back and tell us the outcome.

from an engineering stand point -you cant simply install HID system into a fog lights. go figure out why.

i second that

zoelikescheese
Riding on 18's

Postby zoelikescheese » June 30th, 2014, 5:44 pm

once you alter the lighting on your vehicle its an offence

dont come here to fight your case, that is what the court is for

ps grammar is your friend

Andrew5710
Street 2NR

Postby Andrew5710 » July 1st, 2014, 6:21 pm

im not fighting a case im simply shareing my experience thats all!

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 1st, 2014, 7:21 pm

Andrew5710 wrote:im not fighting a case im simply shareing my experience thats all!

dont need to fight down a case my friend....go do your research on why fog lights are yellow / amber.
and do the fun activity i told you about - drive through white rain with the 8K HID.

then you would understand the reason and purpose for fog lights and why they designed like that. 8-)

zoelikescheese
Riding on 18's

Postby zoelikescheese » July 5th, 2014, 3:21 pm

Andrew5710 wrote:im not fighting a case im simply shareing my experience thats all!

"Drop the 'e' with -ing"

http://www.howtospell.co.uk/droptheerule.php

rane
Trinituner Peong

Postby rane » July 5th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Sundar wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

another sceneario:

Well said....

Money see money do everybody want hid an led lighting

aract2.0
Riding on 13's

Postby aract2.0 » July 6th, 2014, 11:49 am

Yes LO approves Fog Lights.
I Previously worked for a vehicle rental Co. and all of the vehicles bought with fog light had to get approval from the TC (Transport Commissioner) so the customers who leased the vehicle wouldn't end up in a scenario like you.
As for the 8000k HID im not sure their take on that.

Andrew5710
Street 2NR

Postby Andrew5710 » July 8th, 2014, 5:21 pm

ok i will go into them i am very busy but will make time thanks for your input

rane
Trinituner Peong

Postby rane » July 10th, 2014, 9:11 pm

So my new navara an roro tiida dat came wit fog Light I hada go l/o an get a paper saying my vehicle came wit fog Light and it has to be approved.

monstas23
Street 2NR

Postby monstas23 » July 10th, 2014, 9:25 pm

Fog lights are yellow.... The lights factory made are called curb lights... They are suppose to be uncoloured.... White.... Putting hid just intensify the lights, and blind oncoming drivers....

westsidestarz
Street 2NR

Postby westsidestarz » July 11th, 2014, 2:34 am

skylinechild wrote:

another sceneario:

You should know by now how some Trinidadians operate, they don't do research as to why things are the way they are, they rather style over safety.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 11th, 2014, 3:27 am

HIDs In fog lights aren't completely useless. ... There are 3000k bulbs. .. but which trini wants that.
That 8000k kit will only dazzle oncoming traffic... worse when it is raining.

As others have mentioned. .. Please research the reason why fog lights are colored the way they are.

Btw I don't think it should be called fog lights as most are colored the same as the stock halogen bulbs. .. correct term might be auxiliary driving lights:smile:

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 14th, 2014, 1:56 pm

westsidestarz wrote:You should know by now how some Trinidadians operate, they don't do research as to why things are the way they are, they rather style over safety.

not me need to know..the OP needs to know...and thats why we have some of the laws we have to protect us from ourselves - tint law, lights law,excessive vehicle noise law (muffler noise) and if we continue the way we are we will never move forward

kamakazi wrote:HIDs In fog lights aren't completely useless. ... There are 3000k bulbs. .. but which trini wants that.
That 8000k kit will only dazzle oncoming traffic... worse when it is raining.

As others have mentioned. .. Please research the reason why fog lights are colored the way they are.

Btw I don't think it should be called fog lights as most are colored the same as the stock halogen bulbs. .. correct term might be auxiliary driving lights :smile:

true they are mostly the same color - the reflector inside the lamp itself is different plus its lower to the ground thereby allowing you to see objects on the road surface clearer.

but if you want to term it "auxiliary" in what driving condition would someone need more light output from the vehicle - white rain..snow fog?? Now what kelvin or color of light would be best suited for the conditions outlined...??

i not sure of the correct terminology- different ppl call the same thing different names...example - "knuckle joint" - need i say more :lol:

bella776
Riding on 13's

Postby bella776 » July 20th, 2014, 10:48 am

they stop charging people for fogs, all cars have it now, i know some1 who won the case in traffic court because his car passed through license off so...

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 20th, 2014, 2:08 pm

bella776 wrote:they stop charging people for fogs, all cars have it now, i know some1 who won the case in traffic court because his car passed through license off so...

that is not the problem..the problem is improper use..not having fog lights installed onto the car or not having it.

all cars could have it or not have it- it doesnt bother me.

not charging anyone is like saying we will stop charging ppl for illegal guns cause everyone have one now.

frankly L.O needs to specify and enforce their laws properly...specify what kelvin can / cant be used for fog lights and when they can and cannot be used. that is the only solution.

they should amend the legislation to include newer technologies like LED and HID and DRL's- and liaise with manufacturers to ensure that vehicles fitted with the proper lighting devices - permissible by laws are allowed onto the roads. - weather they be showroom / RORO.

for example audi come with DRL- however they're no issues in Europe however in the US they have to pass legislation to allow the cars to be imported and used with DRLs- -long story short either the dealer disables the DRLs or does not make vehicle for that specific market with the DRL

JesuEric
Sweet on this forum

Postby JesuEric » July 20th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Lol drop the with ing ahahah ..having fog lights is not illegal the usage of it is ....eg
Some ppl ..n I like the term extra auxiliary lights like 8000k hids on the fogs . It is illegal because it is blinding n that's not even wat is designed fr the lamp itself n the yellow colouring is to see roads through white mist,fog, rain and all of the above ...8000k in those conditions is like using black light to see in dark
Secondly there is no reason at any point before sun sets to use fogs in clear days ...u clearly using it as style...n wen its evening time n us humans pupils start to adjust from day to night n yall smart ppl come with those lights its worst than night time n all especially if street lights didn't come on yet. Overslly bro yes u can have it authorized but they won't authorize 8000k n even if u get that letter n u put bk 8000k u will still get a ticket stating unauthorized lights because factory is the only authorized not hid ....

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 20th, 2014, 4:47 pm

I believe those audis with the drls can switch them off. ..its like Park lights in those vehicles. ..owners just have them turned on because....well its Trinidad and it looks stylish.
We also don't have the size market to demand anything from automakers. .. so when audis start coming with zone lighting. ... That passing through local licensing normal unlike the USA where they have laws currently restricting its use

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 20th, 2014, 7:44 pm

kamakazi wrote:I believe those audis with the drls can switch them off. ..its like Park lights in those vehicles. ..owners just have them turned on because....well its Trinidad and it looks stylish.
We also don't have the size market to demand anything from automakers. .. so when audis start coming with zone lighting. ... That passing through local licensing normal unlike the USA where they have laws currently restricting its use

true we dont have the size market however we do have a government - and they can make laws to determine what is permissible and what isnt and just like how they can ban cars older than 6 yrs - they should be able to place a ban on certain vehicles too...that do not meet the criteria for licensing..and if those local dealership companies want to sell the vehicle in this market - they will have to get the parent company to comply with certain laws.

but we're straying from the topic... :lol:

improper use...get ticket... 8-)

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 20th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Yes we are. .. Have factory fogs/aux lights in my vehicle. .. Have never needed to use them. . But if I ever get charged for just having them in the vehicle, I would be pissed.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » July 22nd, 2014, 2:44 pm

From what I understand and I know it sounds stupid, but a car can be outfitted with fog lamps. No problem with that. Having them illuminated, no matter the colour or temperature is where the problem exists.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » July 23rd, 2014, 6:44 am

The new motor vehicle act correct a lot of these issue. Hid is fogs is plain stupid mess tho..they should have charged you 5k.
I have a letter from the firm and licensing office stating my vehicle came equipped that way and is excepted. I know tttl give it...

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”