Forums

Y11 tranny problem?

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Y11 tranny problem?

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 20th, 2014, 10:38 am

Morning all..currently experiencing a problem with said vehicle.While accelerating the gear refuses to change.However,if I switch off the vehicle and restart it works as normal.What is the problem?

thanks for info.

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Re: Y11 tranny problem?

Postby Abraham2nd » October 20th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Hmm...does the check engine light appear? or flickers?
Check speed sensor/transsmission control unit if thats not it then check ecu/computer..maybe sending bad info to tranny. :D
But tranny speed sensor sounds like it though!!

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 20th, 2014, 5:09 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Morning all..currently experiencing a problem with said vehicle.While accelerating the gear refuses to change.However,if I switch off the vehicle and restart it works as normal.What is the problem?

thanks for info.

in for the solution.
currently having a similar issue with this on my car, however it ONLY occurs when i use the remote start.

when i remote start and then (insert the key) and drive like normal the gear takes long to change..talking about revving till 1500rpms or so.

however when i switch off and restart via the key it works normal and the overdrive light blinks 16 times.

car is a QG18DE automatic 4FWD with over drive.

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Postby Abraham2nd » October 20th, 2014, 5:13 pm

skylinechild wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Morning all..currently experiencing a problem with said vehicle.While accelerating the gear refuses to change.However,if I switch off the vehicle and restart it works as normal.What is the problem?

thanks for info.

in for the solution.
currently having a similar issue with this on my car, however it ONLY occurs when i use the remote start.

when i remote start and then (insert the key) and drive like normal the gear takes long to change..talking about revving till 1500rpms or so.

however when i switch off and restart via the key it works normal and the overdrive light blinks 16 times.

yeah check ur wireing for the ecu :D

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » October 20th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Saw this problem with an almera. It was d speed sensor..
Jenton in Aranguez sorted it out.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 20th, 2014, 5:26 pm

Abraham2nd wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

thanks for info.

in for the solution.

yeah check ur wireing for the ecu :D

engine transmission and ECU was never changed.i had a feeling it was something to do with the remote start and how it was wired into the car - black electrical tape was the theme....
( the deck install theme was masking tape)
i just never really bother to use the R. start feature unless i pipsin a bird... :lol:

in my case the car does NOT give any CEL lights or anything...is just that i never bothered sorting it out.

1UZFE wrote:Saw this problem with an almera. It was d speed sensor..
Jenton in Aranguez sorted it out.

whats the cost of a replacement sensor or having the issue sorted out by them.??

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » October 20th, 2014, 6:13 pm

Actually it was a dark skinned negro guy there that did the scan. He deduced the problem, the scan was abt $200. The sensor new was abt $1200 but u can get it in d bamboo for much less..

Abraham2nd
Trinituner Peong

Postby Abraham2nd » October 20th, 2014, 6:36 pm

ohhh god....ah have to have ah big wokk to have a sensored car! xD LOL soo much! thank goodness ah got a carb car :D

EDIT: OMG!! my 100th post after 3 years LOL!!!! just creeping in the shadow before, now im out to help ;) :P

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 20th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Abraham2nd wrote:Hmm...does the check engine light appear? or flickers?
Check speed sensor/transsmission control unit if thats not it then check ecu/computer..maybe sending bad info to tranny. :D
But tranny speed sensor sounds like it though!!

engine light does not come on nor does it flicker.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 21st, 2014, 7:03 am

had a similar problem, keith charles in duncan village set up his scan tool and made a block, he said it was the speed sensor and i bought a brand new one, paid a bit over 1200$.
never had that problem again.

however swapping a foreign used one might work, theres a way to check it in the FSM see if you can get a copy.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 7th, 2014, 7:37 am

so as most of you said...it was the speed sensor...for those who may encounter the problem a picture is posted of what it looks like...got one for $200 in the bamboo

car works well now
Attachments
IMG_20141107_073325.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”