TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Maxi Importing

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Avinash094
Ricer

Maxi Importing

Postby Avinash094 » March 26th, 2015, 8:40 pm

does any one know how to import a maxi (25 seater) and get it licensed P or H without a band
i know that you need to get a band for them to licensed H.
but i have seen many times 25 seaters without band that are licensed H, is this possible.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated
:) :)

QuietRiot
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Maxi Importing

Postby QuietRiot » March 30th, 2015, 9:50 pm

The motor vehicle tax on a 25 seater license P would be extremely high. You are better off buying an old maxi and transferring the Band.To go "H" without a band you would have to seek permission from PTSC and if granted you would have a yearly fee to pay which is also costly.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » March 31st, 2015, 7:58 am

First of all, importing a used Diesel vehicle to be used for private use can only be done by a registered company. (Not sure if the laws on this has changed yet)

Then you must know that in order for any vehicle to be registered as a private owned taxi it must not be able to seat more than 7 passengers unless registered as a school bus.
Special accommodation may be made depending on the circumstance and reasoning of the Licensing Commissioner.

Once licensed "H" however you will not be able to ply for hire no matter the route unless you have a band.

Avinash094
Ricer

Postby Avinash094 » April 27th, 2015, 6:46 pm

ok thanks

eXamin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby eXamin » November 4th, 2015, 2:27 pm

I know this thread is sort of ded but what's the oldest diesel maxi you can import?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”