Saturday, August 30th, 2014

- It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

chickenheadeater
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:48 am 
Riding on 13's

OK here is the deal, i had a lancer with a 4G15 SOHC engine which died. So i swapped in a 4G15 DOHC, and tranny after some work and getting it right i finally got the engine to start

but now the neutral bulb for the transmision keeps blinking if i put it in gear, and the car is rolling in 2nd all the time??

any clue??

parts we got:
new engine
tranny
complete wire harness
brain box for tranny

brain for engine: this was not attached to the engine harness it was one they had on the shelf.... i feel this may be the wrong brain..

if anyone has this engine could u possible post the ecu number so i can check plz
thnx

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

MISHI
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:57 am 
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Check the inhibitor switch..(the electrical component on the tranny itself. it may need to be replaced or maybe just some wd40. Also, Check the Oil in the tranny it could be contaminated or overfilled.

besides which...the tranny ECU is pretty much standalone for CK lancers so the fact the ecu was not on the car isn't such a issue

Jesu
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:34 am 
Riding on 13's

Suppose the mechanic who worked on the car used normal Auto trans fluid, rather than ATF +3 in the tranny, would that cause trouble aswell?

MISHI
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:11 am 
3NE 2NR Aficionado

it's plausible, however i don't believe that would cause the problem first try. Also, check your TPS sensor and if neccessary, replace it. That also has a profound effect with INVECS II trannys

MISHI
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:55 am 
3NE 2NR Aficionado

also forgot to mention.....check the fluid level in the tranny...If it's way too high or low it will cause this as well.

TRD tiger
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:19 pm 
Street 2NR

once your engine is idling properly ...the ecu for the engine is mostlikely the correct one...however your problem is either the transmission ecu or something is wrong with the sensor that is on the gear selector of the transmission that tells you what gear you are in ..if it blinks when you try to put it in drive ..that may be faulty.......just a guess here...

Bezman
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:25 am 
Admin

Quote:
once your engine is idling properly ...the ecu for the engine is mostlikely the correct one...

hmmm not really...