TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

New to Honda

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SNMTTMAN
Riding on 13's

New to Honda

Postby SNMTTMAN » November 19th, 2020, 9:18 pm

I have driven Toyota Corolla(s) for the last 16 years, right now I have a basic 2012 local corolla, that has no issues.

But have opportunity to purchase a company owned and dealer maintained 2013 Honda CRV - PCZ for about $99K.

Air Condition, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Airbags, Projector Lights, Fog Lamps, CD Player, MP3 Deck, USB Deck, Bluetooth, Alloy Rims, Side Steps, Sunroof, Tint, Alarm, Steering Controls, Reverse Camera, Leather Interior, Mirror Indicators

Is this a good deal? Should I resell it or keep it and get rid of the toyota corolla?

Any thoughts welcome

Advertisement
SLVR1
3NE 2NR for life

Re: New to Honda

Postby SLVR1 » November 20th, 2020, 9:43 am

Dealer maintained means nada as they do poor servicing and I speak from experience with having bought 3 Hondas new (2 in 2008 and 1 in 2018). The only true benefit is verification of mileage. What is the mileage on this CRV?
CRVs are very well built and reliable vehicles once serviced properly. Once it has no major accidents and you are happy with the mileage/wear and tear on the vehicle, go for it.

SNMTTMAN
Riding on 13's

Postby SNMTTMAN » November 20th, 2020, 3:42 pm

Thanks SLVR1,

The mileage is 93,432 KM. It was driven by mid level executive. No accidents, according to him and the Messenger who know everyone business.

How do I ensure that used HONDA CRV is "serviced properly"?

SLVR1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SLVR1 » November 20th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Are they giving you copies of the service history? Won't hurt to ask. Not everyone is willing to. Try to get the last service bill at least because when the dealer does the service they attach an inspection sheet with what is good and if any issues. When I sell, I hand over copies of bills etc. If you get that history, at least that way you know fluids were changed and when. The dealer will change the engine oil (6 mth. intervals or mileage based) and trans. fluid by the 2 year mark or sooner (in my case they over filled oil and spilled etc.). Brake fluid should have been done at/by 3 year intervals (the dealer says flush but they only change what is in the reservoir..my experience). Coolant, the dealer does at the 5 year mark. Those vehicles should have a timing chain so no issues there. I take it the manual comes with the CRV because the service guide is in it and the oil/fluid specs. that you will need. Ask some questions, a person who takes care of a vehicle will know what was done and when last. If that person is not sure well you know what to do. Mileage wise, once you have some idea of the servicing, those engines are very reliable (2.0 NA).

kamakazi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby kamakazi » November 21st, 2020, 1:17 am

Could probably call the dealer and request/pay for the service history of the vehicle by them.

SNMTTMAN
Riding on 13's

Postby SNMTTMAN » November 21st, 2020, 6:34 pm

Thanks guys!

Truly useful suggestions that I shall take on board.

Did see some service records and Manual when I viewed vehicle. But will request the last inspection sheet for sure!

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”