TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HELP!!!!! INNER TIRE WEAR PROBLEM

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

flour
Riding on 13's

HELP!!!!! INNER TIRE WEAR PROBLEM

Postby flour » August 17th, 2008, 8:46 am

I have a serious problem with my 1996 Civic which for the life of me i cant solve. My civic is fitted with 17" (205 40R 17 tires) and those at the front keeping wearing on the inside. I changed front end parts, bushing(energy suspension bushings), shocks(KYB Shock), and a pair of new Omni Power Camber Kits, and have the car realigned.
I expected to see results, but its the same old thing. the dam tire still eating on the inside. there is one last thing i have being noticing and i dont know if this may be the problem. the drive shaft has a bit of movement in and out and shaking in the inner cv joint. When driving at a considerable speed i dont get any wabbling in the stearing wheel, but if i meet a bump or bad area in the road i can hear the rattling sound of the shaft and the inner cv joint together. i dont know if inner cv joints get worn or one or all of the three bearings are worn. Or the bearing in the hub maybe worn(which i doubt cause i havent had any sound indicating this). I dont know if anyone can shed some light on this matter for me.

Flourgan

B20VTEK
3NE 2NR for life

Postby B20VTEK » August 17th, 2008, 10:01 am

fix the noise problems and go from there.

post up your alignment sheet

EG_vtec
Street 2NR

Postby EG_vtec » August 17th, 2008, 2:24 pm

i could off never solved that either go luck

SUPAstarr
punchin NOS

Postby SUPAstarr » August 17th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Thats weird, an u sure the tyres not rubbin when u make turns, or on rough terrain.

phreakazoid
Trinituner Peong

Postby phreakazoid » August 17th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Are the wheel bearings good ?... any play on the wheel??.........change alignment shop!!!

ksimon
Ricer

Postby ksimon » August 17th, 2008, 6:23 pm

milemack in muccorapo ....they can align ur car to cut tyres straight even wen camber is out

flour
Riding on 13's

Postby flour » August 17th, 2008, 7:09 pm

im positive the tire not rubbing when i turn or on rough terrain. im seriously thinking of changing alignment shop and see if i could get a difference. I am not sure if my bearings are good. when the wheels are off the ground they dont shake. the only shaking come from the drive shaft and the inner cv joint which i mentioned. i am thinking now of either the bearings or the inner cv joint. what you guys think?

ksimon
Ricer

Postby ksimon » August 17th, 2008, 7:13 pm

go by mileage mack like i said and they'd check everything for 35 dollars
not bad

flour
Riding on 13's

Postby flour » August 17th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Going by mileage mack is easier said than done. the only prob i am living in Antigua. miles away from TT. any other suggestions anyone?

sinnas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sinnas » August 18th, 2008, 9:53 am

the only way to find out out is to eliminate problems. You have to start with fixing that driveshaft issue you spoke about. another thing you could is is the history of the car. has it ever been in any accidents? especially the front? sometimes all the bushings etc could be fine but an arm or rod in front could be slightly bent causing the problem. most mechanic/shops look for a bad bushing or joint because its usually that but if all those are good as I said, fix the driveshaft issue you have and work from there.

flour
Riding on 13's

Postby flour » August 21st, 2008, 9:33 am

I have to get it check to see if any arm or rod is slightly bend. but my question is. do these inner CV joints nornally go bad?

phreakazoid
Trinituner Peong

Postby phreakazoid » August 21st, 2008, 12:32 pm

The cv joints need to be inspected for wear or changed after 100,000 kms.The cv joints can also become damaged if the car was in an accident. I do not think that your cv joint would cause tyre wear though. There will be some amount of play on the axle itself but it should not be excessive.Somehow I feel th axle nuts are not tightened enough!

See the following link http://www.raxles.com/trouble.htm
Last edited by phreakazoid on August 21st, 2008, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » August 21st, 2008, 2:27 pm

you need to change your alignment shop...its always better to have a second opinion....

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”