TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Honda Civic Type R Axed

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Honda Civic Type R Axed

Postby SRASC » August 11th, 2010, 11:41 pm

Empty your cannons in salute, TopGearers - the Civic Type R is dead.

Honda has axed the high-revving madcap hot hatch because its 197bhp 2-litre engine won't comply with the upcoming Euro V emissions regulations.

Production of the Type R will continue until October, and sales will end in December. Until then, the company is offering massive savings on all Type R models to see it off in style.

You can even witness an automotive 21-gun salute, of sorts, later this month at Silverstone when Honda will allow owners' club members the chance to hit the track in a ‘lap of honour'.

Saddened by this news? You should be. Sure, the mega-muscle hatches of late - Focus RS, Megane RS 250, Golf R et al - blow the 197bhp Type R into the weeds, but that free-revving engine and pointy drive make it a compelling hot-hatch choice next to the staid Golf GTI and chest-wigged Focus ST.

It also means Honda's entire model line is bereft of a cooking model, with the next Civic expected to hit the UK late next year.

Source

red_dragon
Riding on 16's

Re: Honda Civic Type R Axed

Postby red_dragon » August 12th, 2010, 1:16 am

that is the UK version .. so doh really matter too much

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » August 12th, 2010, 6:19 am

when the next integra coming? :(

or crz

:yankit:

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » August 12th, 2010, 8:29 am

red_dragon wrote:that is the UK version .. so doh really matter too much

You did know that Honda announced the Type R sedan was stopping production this month as well right?

Hirotoshi
Sweet on this forum

Postby Hirotoshi » August 12th, 2010, 10:17 am

that was expected, so until the world economy gets back on track (3-5 yrs time), expect more hybrids like the crz ($20k a pop) for an underpowered enthausiast car. there wil also be more turbocharged models for sale in the future,let,s just call it the green power evolution, so what size battery you running :lol: , 8-) .

No Fear at all!!!
Street 2NR

Postby No Fear at all!!! » August 12th, 2010, 10:43 am

r3iXmann wrote:when the next integra coming? :(

or crz

ME LIKE !!!! :evilbat:

speedfreak44
Riding on 16's

Postby speedfreak44 » August 12th, 2010, 2:14 pm

No Fear at all!!! wrote:

or crz

x2

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » August 12th, 2010, 4:00 pm

speedfreak44 wrote:
No Fear at all!!! wrote:

or crz

x2

Fiyah-bun dat CRZ... it fail hard

Looking good... but 122hp eh getting yuh nowhere fast...

Toyota starting to build affordable sports cars (FT-86, Naruse), Mazda have the Mazdaspeed2 in the pipeline (1.5 turbo) ford has the Fiesta ST coming but - Honda only studying to play jam-totee with the CR-Z

halfdef
Sweet on this forum

Postby halfdef » August 12th, 2010, 4:15 pm

if they wanna stop production send them to trinidad they are always welcomed here ...................................starting the ''save the type r fund '' taking contributions

speedfreak44
Riding on 16's

Postby speedfreak44 » August 12th, 2010, 5:06 pm

$1 towards the fund

CD4Accord
Riding on 18's

Postby CD4Accord » August 12th, 2010, 5:54 pm

I am a well known civic-hater, but this to me just sums up Honda's recent corporate policy... AKA try to copy Toyota in everything they do.. However Toyota's president Toyoda has seen past this and hence projects such as the new 86 (with Subaru doing nearly all the work for them) and the misdirected LF-A

Toyota gradually removed the few slightly exciting cars they had, so Honda decided to follow suit..

Eg. No more NSX, no more Accord-R, no more S2000, so it figures the type R civic should be next..
Also goes with Honda's pullout of F1, and look what good that did them... They had a winning car last year........

The CRZ is a ridiculous excuse for a "sporty" car... Even with spoon modding it it was still pathetically slow..

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » August 12th, 2010, 6:36 pm

CD4Accord wrote:The CRZ is a ridiculous excuse for a "sporty" car... Even with spoon modding it it was still pathetically slow..

it's a hybrid..it wasnt meant to be fast

and it's still new...the sir version to the first crx didnt come out until a while after the initial launch

it still damn sexy though 1lick

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » August 12th, 2010, 7:46 pm

r3iXmann wrote:
CD4Accord wrote:The CRZ is a ridiculous excuse for a "sporty" car... Even with spoon modding it it was still pathetically slow..

it's a hybrid..it wasnt meant to be fast

and it's still new...the sir version to the first crx didnt come out until a while after the initial launch

it still damn sexy though 1lick

Its a Hybrid that gets 30mpg in spoon trim... yay - slow and thirsty

Why de france dey make a spoon version if it wasn't supposed to be fast?

Honda loosing ground in the youth/sporty market... and makers like Mazda, Toyota, Hyndai and even KIA more than happy to pick up the slack

Methinks I'll keep my EK hatch for some time still...

CD4Accord
Riding on 18's

Postby CD4Accord » August 12th, 2010, 9:04 pm

Well consider too that honda is actually pricing themself out of the youth/sporty market by moving nearly all their models up the price scale....

Additionally, I think they want to change their boy racer rep when it comes to the civic..

Nonetheless, I don't rate the CR-Z as last time I saw one on display in the states it seemed like much more flash than function.. Also, unless we are racing Le-Mans, then sporty and Hybrid don't go together at all

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » August 12th, 2010, 9:28 pm

Honda is actively working on their 9th generation Honda Civic. Honda Civics of the past were always the leaders in being lightweight, compact size, and were inexpensive. This made them ideal for those who wanted to modify the car for performance. As the Honda Civics have been getting more and more advanced, so has their size, technology and weight.
Since the Honda Civic was getting heavier, and more expensive, Honda released the Fit to take its place as the lightweight inexpensive sibling. However, Honda has decided that in order to continue their dominance, they would need to revamp the Honda Civic, and the Honda Product Chief, Tsuneo Tanai ordered a complete revamp of the Honda Civic. Tanai ordered his engineers and designers to redesign the 9th gen Civic to be smaller, cheaper, lighter and more fuel efficient.

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » August 12th, 2010, 10:20 pm

CD4Accord wrote:Well consider too that honda is actually pricing themself out of the youth/sporty market by moving nearly all their models up the price scale....

Additionally, I think they want to change their boy racer rep when it comes to the civic..

Nonetheless, I don't rate the CR-Z as last time I saw one on display in the states it seemed like much more flash than function.. Also, unless we are racing Le-Mans, then sporty and Hybrid don't go together at all

the term sports car does not necessarily mean it's a race car

Racers Edge
Trinituner Peong

Postby Racers Edge » August 19th, 2010, 11:36 pm

SRASC wrote:
red_dragon wrote:that is the UK version .. so doh really matter too much

You did know that Honda announced the Type R sedan was stopping production this month as well right?

what d madda kant wrong with dat japanzee ..... :shock:

Honda_Crew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Honda_Crew » August 20th, 2010, 4:56 pm

CR-Z :sick: :sick: :sick:

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”