TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HONDA CITY CNG

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dwapurity
Ricer

HONDA CITY CNG

Postby dwapurity » June 18th, 2015, 12:07 pm

Hello Honda folks. I'm interested in buying a Honda City Cng vehicle. Can I get some feedback from persons who own one or even a normal Honda City. Thanks much.

10-01
punchin NOS

Re: HONDA CITY CNG

Postby 10-01 » June 18th, 2015, 2:42 pm

excellent vehicle i did training with Honda on the basic system , its basically CNG and Gas
$14 to fill the CNG tank and jus drive , no problems at all u can safely switch from CNG to Gas by a touch of a button . overall look and engine is the same jus a few added components to the engine bay , trunk space is minimized due to the tank ....

dwapurity
Ricer

Postby dwapurity » June 19th, 2015, 8:04 am

Hey Project-JDM, thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Are you a Honda mechanic btw?

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » June 19th, 2015, 11:10 am

Nope ... jus did a little training with dem

dwapurity
Ricer

Postby dwapurity » June 19th, 2015, 11:32 am

Ok. Cool!

nissan718
Riding on 13's

Postby nissan718 » November 5th, 2015, 3:36 pm

can someone advise the mileage on one of the CNG City per tank cng city driving

nissan718
Riding on 13's

Postby nissan718 » November 5th, 2015, 7:36 pm

Hey guys who has a Honda city please share your experience about this vehicle in terms of ride quality and fuel consumption cost to fill tank Honda says 800km per tank dual fuel is this correct?

dwapurity
Ricer

Postby dwapurity » November 6th, 2015, 6:40 am

Hello. I've had my city about four months now. I really don't check how much mileage i get out of a full tank because I'm a mom that moves around alot, but i do top up twice a week. I drive from POS to Trincity everday day. A full tank ($12) will take you from POS TO Sangre Grande and back to POS with about $4 worth of gas left. I tested that out myself. The car moves very fast on normal gas. It's a little slower on cng but nothing that noticeable. I consider myself a fast and aggressive driver and overtaking while, in cng mode, on hills or highway is a breeze. My vehicle is scheduled for a cng checkup (free of charge) next week so I'll be able to give more feedback. So far i consider this a great buy after being a Nissan junkie for the past 20 years. Feel free to ask anymore questions

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 9th, 2015, 11:30 pm

Co worker has one...Trunk space is... challenging.

Zim
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Zim » November 27th, 2015, 6:33 pm

dwapurity wrote:Hello. I've had my city about four months now. I really don't check how much mileage i get out of a full tank because I'm a mom that moves around alot, but i do top up twice a week. I drive from POS to Trincity everday day. A full tank ($12) will take you from POS TO Sangre Grande and back to POS with about $4 worth of gas left. I tested that out myself. The car moves very fast on normal gas. It's a little slower on cng but nothing that noticeable. I consider myself a fast and aggressive driver and overtaking while, in cng mode, on hills or highway is a breeze. My vehicle is scheduled for a cng checkup (free of charge) next week so I'll be able to give more feedback. So far i consider this a great buy after being a Nissan junkie for the past 20 years. Feel free to ask anymore questions

Nice! Congrats on the purchase. That real great mileage there, plus serious runs u make there to :O What specs, engine & transmission motors available?

1001, how hard it is to et training with them?

Alka
Street 2NR

Postby Alka » April 29th, 2016, 7:58 pm

ive only had my city cng for about a week and i tallied the money spent on cng and the kilos traveled. $70 ABOUT 1100 KMS and this is agressive driving with A/C on full time.

Alka
Street 2NR

Postby Alka » April 29th, 2016, 8:08 pm

nissan718 wrote:Hey guys who has a Honda city please share your experience about this vehicle in terms of ride quality and fuel consumption cost to fill tank Honda says 800km per tank dual fuel is this correct?

in my view, the honda city is the b15 in nissan. mind you i own both vehicles. however the city is by far better on in cabin space, features and ride quality. 800 km per tank dual fuel/ why are you even testing that on petrol since when u by a city cng , is to run it on cng only!!!. lol. and by the way since it only using petrol to start and idle, i fulling it with premium fuel only. blowtoi....no sseriously, since i have the car , just over 1 week it take like $10 premium !!!!! the rest is level cng ...$70 in cng give me like 1100kms so far with hard AC and F1 style driving, if you could do that. love the car, love the "speed" on cng. ride quality is no BMW or BENZ but just rem that is not what u buy. u buy the b15 equivalent in honda. :P .... just buy iy, speed all over while watching ppl trying to catch up with you and then think " whey...look how much gas them bunning trying to ketch up with me" ...bless.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 30th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Vehicle is low, drags on speed bumps a lot.

Suspension is stiff, not smooth and comfy like other vehicles I been in. Noticed a rubbing noise in the rear right, not sure if the wheel is touching the fender or its something else.

Interiors are bland and boring, back seat looks like a bench covered in leatherette. Front seats seem like where the action is. Dashboard is nice, has a modern appearance, body is nice, vehicle seems to be neat and small for easy maneuvering and parking. No CNG stations around so level gas right through but i've heard its economical on CNG.

I'm 50:50 on this vehicle.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » May 1st, 2016, 8:08 am

Nice Info mite tackle this next time I changing my ride..

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » May 1st, 2016, 8:10 am

Btw forgot to ask would be a good move as I drive from sando to arima for work.it would park there for 8 hrs and then back down south..

Alka
Street 2NR

Postby Alka » May 8th, 2016, 1:03 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Vehicle is low, drags on speed bumps a lot.

Suspension is stiff, not smooth and comfy like other vehicles I been in. Noticed a rubbing noise in the rear right, not sure if the wheel is touching the fender or its something else.

Interiors are bland and boring, back seat looks like a bench covered in leatherette. Front seats seem like where the action is. Dashboard is nice, has a modern appearance, body is nice, vehicle seems to be neat and small for easy maneuvering and parking. No CNG stations around so level gas right through but i've heard its economical on CNG.

Not sure if you actually rode in a honda city. the vehicle is definitely not low. just looking at it you would see its higher than most regular cars. unless ur speed bump is like a speed mountain?

Alka
Street 2NR

Postby Alka » May 8th, 2016, 1:03 pm

urbandilema wrote:Btw forgot to ask would be a good move as I drive from sando to arima for work.it would park there for 8 hrs and then back down south..

real good move. u go like yourself when u see ur fuel bill at the end of the month.

Skyline007
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Skyline007 » May 11th, 2016, 9:39 am

Any one too the in one package? 175k last time i cheque. Is it worth it?

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » May 11th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Hmm It gone up..thought it was 16th. .wey

Skyline007
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Skyline007 » June 14th, 2016, 12:59 am

city owners how the car going , whats the cost to service at honda like?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 14th, 2016, 9:56 am

Alka wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Vehicle is low, drags on speed bumps a lot.

Not sure if you actually rode in a honda city. the vehicle is definitely not low. just looking at it you would see its higher than most regular cars. unless ur speed bump is like a speed mountain?

Got a ride in one again last night.
Didnt drag on the speed bumps. Very noisy on the roads though, not sure it it was the tyres. Everytime you hit a small bump it sounds like all 4 shocks dead, there is a knock.

Vehicle body feels like it made out of galvanise. Metal real thin. Front fenders feel the strongest.

Doors feel cheap and hollow. You know how when some cars get in accident and the door dont line up properly, thats how they open and close.

knight
Street 2NR

Postby knight » November 25th, 2016, 3:25 pm

Skyline007 wrote:city owners how the car going , whats the cost to service at honda like?

Looking to purchase a city cng, but wary about the cost to service every 10,000 kms as they need you to service.

can anyone shed light on costing to service and does it really need alot of parts to change out?

dCoder321
Riding on 13's

Postby dCoder321 » November 30th, 2016, 7:08 pm

Guys, i'm new to trini tuner. I own a city cng and i just did my first service at 10000km. this thread real long so what ever questions u guys have, feel free to message me.

knight
Street 2NR

Postby knight » December 2nd, 2016, 3:50 pm

dCoder321 wrote:Guys, i'm new to trini tuner. I own a city cng and i just did my first service at 10000km. this thread real long so what ever questions u guys have, feel free to message me.

hello how much was the cost for the your first service?
what did they do, did they change parts?
If you go over your 10,000km would that void your warranty?
How long they took to do your service?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » February 7th, 2017, 10:12 am

Interested in a CNG vehicle and since this coming Factory CNG its on my consideration list

being a Mitsubishi whore, a Honda isnt a welcome thought, but with the CNG fuel bills, I can settle my mind and since its the wife that would be using it mostly, I dont have to

with a recent addition to the family, we really need a spacious vehicle and the City doesn't seem to offer this.
my daily driver Sportero works out pretty good for family runs, but its not gonna work out in the medium-long term

as far as the economics go, the CNG City was $165k vs the gas City of $155k (prices when introduced) not sure what prices are like now. That works out almost the same as buying a gas City and doing a CNG retrofit (10-12k)
I'm not sure why the CNG vehicle more expensive, esp since the govt past and present pushing the CNG initiative. IMHO it should be cheaper than the gas vehicles to get a wider adoption

Diamond Motors just letting me down with their CNG Lancer options, which are essentially base model 2.0L Lancers with a retrofit CNG system for $220k OR buy any other showroom Lancer\ASX and pay $4k for the CNG retrofit

I'm interested in the servicing cost of the City at dealer, ppl post up these plese

dCoder321
Riding on 13's

Postby dCoder321 » February 18th, 2017, 3:29 pm

knight wrote:
dCoder321 wrote:Guys, i'm new to trini tuner. I own a city cng and i just did my first service at 10000km. this thread real long so what ever questions u guys have, feel free to message me.

hello how much was the cost for the your first service?
what did they do, did they change parts?
If you go over your 10,000km would that void your warranty?
How long they took to do your service?

Sorry for the late response, the first service costed $1000
They changed the oil, oil filter, balance/align, top up coolant, adjusted handbrakes,
I was really busy at the time i was due for a service so when i did the service i was at 10,300km and i didnt void the warranty.
The only thing that i didnt appreciate was the lenght of time they took because i dropped in my car at 7:35 i think and i went back at 3pm and it wasnt ready, i actally got it back prob minuted to 4. but other than that it was cool. Today is free CNG day at the st chrisopher's station so i appreciated that. I was coasing hard on the trunk space at first but the amount of money i'm saving on fuel, i real cool

Alka
Street 2NR

Postby Alka » February 19th, 2017, 12:17 am

SERVICE COSTS:
1st service is $1500..oil&oil filter, balance&rotate& align, top up fluids, check air filter & brake system.
2nd service is about $1500..oil&oil filter, balance&rotate&align, top up fluids, check/change air filter & check/change brake pads.
add cost of pads/air filter.
The $1000 is a special called the rainy day special. .oil&oil filter, balance&rotate, top up fluids, check air filter & brake system. no alignment.
If you have aftermarket rims, you have to give the technician consent to rotate and balance or they wont do it.
Waiting time is horrendous, crazy stupid...
Of course there is always the quick-service package where they do less and let you go fast!!!lol

going over the stipulated kms, do not void your warranty...just go in when they give you the avail slot.

beware battery died at 19000 kms, full replacement after 3hr wait for battery to come from off site location.

the whirring noise ppl hearing is more than likely the tyres.

cost of parts:
front disc brakes $706.35 discounted to $600.40 after I ask for a %15 discount.
air filter about $294.23 .......discounted to $235.38
Coolant $217 per gallon...... Discounted to $194.97
oil $54.31 per quart... u need 4 so is $271.55
oil nut washer $4
oil filter $83
rear brake shoes expensive and they selling individually, not a set of 4 like you need.

Ofcourse add your 12.5% vat.

check Mr. Leonard in chag branch when you want to buy parts, and tell him casually that when you buying parts for your BMW they does usually give you a %15 discount, so see if he could do better.
Last edited by Alka on February 22nd, 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alka
Street 2NR

Postby Alka » February 19th, 2017, 12:31 am

Depending on your driving conditions and style you get different distances on a tank of CNG.
On 1 occaasion $10=100kms, on another $10=180kms.

free cng promotion working nice in we favour....
what i was told was, it would be one station per month for one day.

Alka
Street 2NR

Postby Alka » February 22nd, 2017, 7:06 pm

1 brand new set of Honda city fog light kit for sale complete with:
2 lamps ( housing and bulbs)
1 original switch to fit in the empty slot next to you CNG/VSA CONTROL switch on the dashboard
Foglight relay
2 finisher with foglight holes
All wiring.
Price in company $1700 for lamps alone. Someone could correct me if I wrong on the company price.
Sale price $1000.00
Installation: medium ( if you know how to use a pliers, screwdriver and electrical tape, and the fuse puller supplied in your Honda city engine fuse box!)

P.s. I did mine for myself. No rocket science here!

ze300
Riding on 13's

Postby ze300 » February 25th, 2017, 12:50 am

Post pics of the fogs

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”