TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

H22A1 Multiple problems...

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

H22A1 Multiple problems...

Postby MISHI » July 5th, 2016, 9:10 am

Good Day folks...

Need some H22 swap gurus to give me a hand with some info. EK with a H22A1 swap...

Car is giving all sorts of nightmares... relative had the car sent to a mechanic to rebuild engine among a few other things.

Now upon getting back the car, it has absolutely NO power.... can't drive up a hill... feels like 2nd gear in 1st... etc.

- Where it used to start strongly, it sounds like it is laboring...
-Also noticed that the distributor is not where it used to be set at and is in the MAX advance position.
-The vacuum lines were not same as what was originally set, so replaced em as they were before it went to the mech.

Even though through all these things, the car ran... crappily, but ran. Now I got a call yesterday, saying when it drives and turns off (when the car is hot) it will not restart at all... it has to sit for a while and cool down before it starts up again. on first start in the morning it starts right up.

Sounds like ignition but I have NO idea about Hondas in general... this is a real trial by fire sort of experience. It carries a MSD system as well

Can anyone shed some light on this? Could the distributor being fully advanced and NO power be caused by a bad timing belt install? and what could cause the car to not start when it is in operating temp?

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Re: H22A1 Multiple problems...

Postby trini iceman » July 5th, 2016, 12:44 pm

Exhaust back pressure check, health of distributor, compression test needed and ensure O2's are switching.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » July 6th, 2016, 9:34 pm

ok will check on those

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 17th, 2016, 6:30 pm

dID THE MECHANIC SET BACK THE TIMING CORRECTLY? (damn caps lock!) If they missed on the timing, power would be off and the engine would run poorly

handsomeRob2837
3NE 2NR for life

Postby handsomeRob2837 » July 20th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Sounds like your timing is off. Not necessarily from the cams but could be balance shafts not lining up correctly(there are 2). You really do have to follow the manual exactly and know what you're doing when attempting that job. I did mine myself by the book and everything went back perfectly. Are you getting vtec? Just curious

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”