TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Installation of [b]SR20DET[/b] (Avenir W11 GT4) into [b]B14.

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

b_bass59
Riding on 13's

Installation of [b]SR20DET[/b] (Avenir W11 GT4) into [b]B14.

Postby b_bass59 » September 26th, 2008, 10:00 am

People,

I have a B14 GA15DE FWD, that I want to install a SR20DET Automatic T (Avenir W11 GT4) into.

The Idea of this, is not to run at the track (for now) but just to have a lot quicker car.

My Four Major concerns are :-
1. Where can I find this motor?
2. Can I keep the ATTESA ? (Is is possible to convert the B14 to 4WD?)
3. My B14 has 4 wheel disk breaks non ABS do I need to improve my breaks?
4. Supension, what to go with?

I plan to post my progress and pics of this project from start to finish, to help others with the same idea.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » September 26th, 2008, 10:55 pm

firstly you wont be able to go 4wd unless you modify the body of the car under the driver floorin. you will have to get the original b14 sr mounts or make brackets an use the mounts from avenir

b_bass59
Riding on 13's

Postby b_bass59 » September 27th, 2008, 8:28 am

Can I use this same engine and transmissiom in a FWD configuration.

Adrenalinerush
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Adrenalinerush » September 27th, 2008, 11:48 am

dude...anything's possible..all it takes is time and money...(i read about a guy with a silvia who slap in not only the rb26 but the awd drivetrain too!!)
the motor shouldn't be too hard to find (although i thought avenir motors came fwd...and the pulsar was 4wd :? )...anywhoselbees..
when it comes to brakes, better more than less I always say...it not gonna hurt to upgrade dem...you can either do something as simple as changin d rotors to slotted (or drilled and slotted but i prefer slotted only), or do an entire hub upgrade, with bigger calipers and rotors...base line, if yuh need to stop fass, yuh have the equipment to do it properly...(that should be yuh first upgrade eh)
suspension is all about handling, so if yuh jus wanted a faster daily...i'd say doh bother with coilovers cuz dey realll friggin expensive and it doh make sense if yuh ent gonna race on the tracks (circuit or otherwise)....some simple gas shocks and lowering springs will make you feel a world of difference in handling without makin yuh go brokes...my $0.02 :wink:

Idle_Torque
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Idle_Torque » September 27th, 2008, 12:07 pm

well this is a big project.. i gott tis same project in mind, but i would invole cutting then bottom floor an stuff to fit the 4wd features... i tink u should check a 4wd b14 an c wat it looks like form under the car, b4 u start to do the project, so u would know if u really want to cut up the bottom of the car to fit it.. thats the only hard part really bout fitting tis engine in there.... should be easy.. any problems pm me.. i could direct u to a well know garage in south that could do the flooring for u. cause my uncle fit an rb26 into ah 2nd gen. but shhhhhhhhh.. u would c that on the tracks jus now....

b_bass59
Riding on 13's

Postby b_bass59 » September 27th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Thanks for your advice.

I'll take your advice on the supension.

For the brakes I'm thinking to do something what this guy did. http://www.notnser.com/

Right now I can't find a Avenir SR20DET w FWD Automatic LSD Tranmission.
So any SR20DET w FWD Automatic LSD Tranmission will do. my aim is may be get the car to 15sec or less on a 1/4 mile.

Thanks again.

turbonator
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby turbonator » September 30th, 2008, 11:14 pm

First off, yuh want it 4wd yuh better save yuhself d trouble of converting a FWD one to a 4WD one. It have plenty b-14 that come originally 4WD, so wha yuh could do is sell yurs if yuh put yuh hand on ah 4WD one. Or if yuh looking for sum wid d ATTESA system some U13 bluebirds does come with it. Wrt the brakes yuh could upgrade the front brakes to the r32 rotors and calipers and the rear brakes to the P11 set up with probably the master cylinder from the s15 silvia which might be alot cheaper than what you have in mind there.

b_bass59
Riding on 13's

Postby b_bass59 » October 1st, 2008, 6:38 pm

Nah, After checking out the FWD to 4WD conversion I have decided to go with a FWD LSD Automatic Transmission. (Yeah automatic I not going on the track with it)

Turbonator, I already have b14 rear disc brakes installed on the B14, do you think that will work?
And thanks for your information, I think I'll go with your Idea. what brake pads you recommend for this?

Regards

Adrenalinerush
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Adrenalinerush » October 1st, 2008, 6:46 pm

hawk HPS...never let me down

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Installation of [b]SR20DET[/b] (Avenir W11 GT4) into [b]B14.

Postby Soul Collector » November 29th, 2017, 10:34 pm

Bumping this old post for some similar info...

Would it be hard to source the right W11 for this project? Also, would the ATTESA system be able to work with an original 4WD B14?

Appreciate any info I can get, thanks.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”