Forums

Adjustment of ride height after installation of music

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

live67
Street 2NR

Adjustment of ride height after installation of music

Postby live67 » July 31st, 2009, 8:11 pm

My car (lowered by a previous owner) is now even lower in the back, because of all my audio equipment in the trunk, sub-woofer box, back-up battery, amps etc.

The gap between the front wheels and the body has now increased.

I like the car lowered, but, I want to find out what I can do to adjust the car ride height, so that the front and the back are evenly low, or in the correct proportions of height adjustment.

When I have passengers in the back, it is even worse, with the rear tyres sometimes rubbing on the inside wheel well. :cry:

What can be done about this?

Picture of the back:
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr29 ... 0001-1.jpg

Picture of the front, showing gap:
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr29 ... o-0002.jpg

Any comments or advice?

Thanks
Last edited by live67 on August 1st, 2009, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

subzerounlimited
Street 2NR

Postby subzerounlimited » August 1st, 2009, 9:54 am

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 1st, 2009, 10:02 am

Dude you can go the route of cheaking out one of those "shops" like suspex or drop shop. Suspexs Ive heard machine something and idk what the hell they do but the car drops and welcome to bummpy ride-ville.

Orrrr you can go the route of getting adjustable suspension parts, which idly is the better idea but also a bit more costly. To me, its worth the price knowing what your car is riding on rather than guessing.

Search the forums for adjustable suspension parts and take a good read.

:wink:

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » August 1st, 2009, 11:31 am

yep...you can get a used set of coilovers (not the coilover sleeve ricerness)..for your car/model,they're usually cheap

pm hice, he might have a set

D_bodyguard
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby D_bodyguard » August 1st, 2009, 11:54 am

In the back you can jes add ah 1" riser rubber and the front and the back will be balanced .....or you can go coilovers as said but i think the ride is altered when adding coilovers so you can jus out a 1" rubber between the spring and the dish and it should balance off well!! or it have 1" and + to choose from.......most ppl do this when they put in audio cause in case you wanna remover the equiptment is jes to take out the $40 rubber and back to original :D

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 1st, 2009, 12:38 pm

D_bodyguard wrote:In the back you can jes add ah 1" riser rubber and the front and the back will be balanced .....or you can go coilovers as said but i think the ride is altered when adding coilovers so you can jus out a 1" rubber between the spring and the dish and it should balance off well!! or it have 1" and + to choose from.......most ppl do this when they put in audio cause in case you wanna remover the equiptment is jes to take out the $40 rubber and back to original :D

I took a ride in my buddy car when he did that, I must say our panel van feels like a toyota crown compared to that.

This is the same jack that chuk 2 piece of "block" inbetween some "shim" in his car to camber his car.

live67
Street 2NR

Postby live67 » August 1st, 2009, 12:49 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:
I took a ride in my buddy car when he did that, I must say our panel van feels like a toyota crown compared to that.

This is the same jack that chuk 2 piece of "block" inbetween some "shim" in his car to camber his car.

So what? The advice from D Bodyguard is not the appropriate way to correct the problem?

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 1st, 2009, 1:01 pm

I saying you CAN do it but its not the BEST.

DuAL StaR
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby DuAL StaR » August 1st, 2009, 9:57 pm

call us at 796-7419 we can make the adjustment

live67
Street 2NR

Postby live67 » August 16th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Can lowering springs for (Eibach or Tein) Honda EK4 take the extra weight in the back?

Weight of audio equipment = 160lbs.

Additional weight of 2 persons = 300lbs

Total hypothetical weight in rear = 460 lbs.

live67
Street 2NR

Postby live67 » August 16th, 2009, 6:20 pm

I didn't know that people needed camber kits for the rear. When you lower your car do you need a rear camber kit?

I know for civics, you need a camber kit for the front.

Also I think I ruptured the right rear shocks. I stopped at a traffic light and heard something like an explosion in the distance, (but felt nothing in the car) and the right rear side is now lower than the left.

Is it a possibility I could have blown a shock?

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”