TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

tyres

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5555
Joined: January 13th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Location: In a Skyline

Re: tyres

Postby skylinechild » October 3rd, 2018, 10:02 am

so i called mileage mack in sando.....

they have kumho hs51 ( kumho extasa) & toyo TM1 ( proxies Tm1)

cost is like $600 plus Vat for the kumho and 650 plus vat for the toyo
they also do rim straightening.

i'm thinking to carry it there and let them straighten the rim and buy new tyres and install one time.

called tyre clinic .... no answer- TWICE

laughlin an de gannes aka the service center dont have any - called the POS branch.


i also called the maxxis dealer.- in penal

they out of my size but they gettin it clear this week so d guy say call him bk tmrw

tyre is same maxxis MA-z4 - same thing i hav on the car now....

mileage mack also does straightening.....so i'm thinking of takin it there to straighten....and getting the maxxis tyres to put back - carry it there and let dem install and balance and done.

where else you recommend i call ?

Advertisement
User avatar
NR8
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1587
Joined: January 14th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Re: tyres

Postby NR8 » October 3rd, 2018, 12:56 pm

M Ramrattan in Vistabella and HK Balliram in Debe.

P.S. I saw the Firestone Firehawk 900 and other tires at Courts Megastore in Freeport. Can't remember price now but it was decent.

User avatar
skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5555
Joined: January 13th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Location: In a Skyline

Re: tyres

Postby skylinechild » October 4th, 2018, 11:25 am

NR8 wrote:M Ramrattan in Vistabella and HK Balliram in Debe.

P.S. I saw the Firestone Firehawk 900 and other tires at Courts Megastore in Freeport. Can't remember price now but it was decent.


can you provide me contact numbers.....i not from the southlands...

i will check courts mega store tmrw.

they buy from kamus in charlieville- i checked kamus directly and they dont have my size.

tyre clinic in couva has the dunlop dizerra DZ102.... the thead patterin looks ok-ish....what bothers be is the kinda negative reviews from others tuners here on it.

i could go back with the maxxis but the tyre noise is whats bothersome....

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11017
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: tyres

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 17th, 2018, 8:43 pm

Guys need somw advice....changing 4 tyres this mth en but thinking to go with all terrain as i like the look....currently i have highway tyres which gives me a smooth quiet ride.....i dont wanna lose the quiet smooth ride....should i stick with highway or would all.terrain be ok....any advice apprecaited

User avatar
ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2242
Joined: August 5th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Re: tyres

Postby ZeroOne » October 17th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Looking for 175/70/14 or 185/65/14 or 190/60/14

any recommendations?

User avatar
sailesh
Ricer
Posts: 29
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 12:49 am

Re: tyres

Postby sailesh » October 17th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Wheels by bolo in barrackpore

User avatar
ADONI
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2353
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 1:55 pm
Location: Next Door
Contact:

Re: tyres

Postby ADONI » October 18th, 2018, 9:47 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Guys need somw advice....changing 4 tyres this mth en but thinking to go with all terrain as i like the look....currently i have highway tyres which gives me a smooth quiet ride.....i dont wanna lose the quiet smooth ride....should i stick with highway or would all.terrain be ok....any advice apprecaited


Dude, have a set of Toyo A/T, it gives a real smooth ride and well in lil rough road, yuh could run thru. Paid $1,250 about 3 years ago doh.

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11017
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: tyres

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 18th, 2018, 10:31 am

ADONI wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Guys need somw advice....changing 4 tyres this mth en but thinking to go with all terrain as i like the look....currently i have highway tyres which gives me a smooth quiet ride.....i dont wanna lose the quiet smooth ride....should i stick with highway or would all.terrain be ok....any advice apprecaited


Dude, have a set of Toyo A/T, it gives a real smooth ride and well in lil rough road, yuh could run thru. Paid $1,250 about 3 years ago doh.
Hey bro check your pm

Sent from my SM-G570M using TriniTuner mobile app

User avatar
ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2242
Joined: August 5th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Re: tyres

Postby ZeroOne » October 18th, 2018, 11:13 am

sailesh wrote:Wheels by bolo in barrackpore


He only has Hifly but balancing etc is included for a great price.

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11017
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: tyres

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 18th, 2018, 11:17 am

ZeroOne wrote:
sailesh wrote:Wheels by bolo in barrackpore


He only has Hifly but balancing etc is included for a great price.
U have a contact #

User avatar
ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2242
Joined: August 5th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Re: tyres

Postby ZeroOne » October 18th, 2018, 12:43 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
ZeroOne wrote:
sailesh wrote:Wheels by bolo in barrackpore


He only has Hifly but balancing etc is included for a great price.
U have a contact #


654-1053

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11017
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: tyres

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 18th, 2018, 9:33 pm

Any body else....any advice....all terrain vs highway terrain tyres?

User avatar
skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5555
Joined: January 13th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Location: In a Skyline

Re: tyres

Postby skylinechild » October 18th, 2018, 10:02 pm

ZeroOne wrote:Looking for 175/70/14 or 185/65/14 or 190/60/14

any recommendations?


check kamus in charlieville.... they supposed to hav bridgestone potenza in the size u want

kamakazi
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2116
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:32 am

Re: tyres

Postby kamakazi » October 18th, 2018, 10:19 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Guys need somw advice....changing 4 tyres this mth en but thinking to go with all terrain as i like the look....currently i have highway tyres which gives me a smooth quiet ride.....i dont wanna lose the quiet smooth ride....should i stick with highway or would all.terrain be ok....any advice apprecaited
I am biased towards highway terrain tyres to make the ride as comfortable as possible.
I recommend maxxis 770 (the only Chinese brand I trust) or anything from a more reputable brand. Stay away from Bridgestone dueler 840... Unless you want to end up in a ditch

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11017
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: tyres

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 21st, 2018, 11:11 am

I havr the bridgestone dueler and they gave me 80000 kms without and issue....i would use them again if i can afford them

kamakazi
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2116
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:32 am

Re: tyres

Postby kamakazi » October 21st, 2018, 3:26 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:I havr the bridgestone dueler and they gave me 80000 kms without and issue....i would use them again if i can afford them
There are different models under the dueler series...I am advising against the 840... The 684II are better...

If you used the 840 with no problem... You don't push that van

User avatar
Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 14769
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 8:07 am
Location: playing with above and below
Contact:

Re: tyres

Postby Dave » October 21st, 2018, 6:37 pm

840 wear level, concrete softer than that.

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11017
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: tyres

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 21st, 2018, 9:39 pm

kamakazi wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:I havr the bridgestone dueler and they gave me 80000 kms without and issue....i would use them again if i can afford them
There are different models under the dueler series...I am advising against the 840... The 684II are better...

If you used the 840 with no problem... You don't push that van
Its the 840 came with the van....had no problems....thank god...

User avatar
ADONI
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2353
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 1:55 pm
Location: Next Door
Contact:

Re: tyres

Postby ADONI » October 22nd, 2018, 8:50 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:I havr the bridgestone dueler and they gave me 80000 kms without and issue....i would use them again if i can afford them
There are different models under the dueler series...I am advising against the 840... The 684II are better...

If you used the 840 with no problem... You don't push that van
Its the 840 came with the van....had no problems....thank god...


Honestly, I find the tyres that come with a new vehicle last longer, than if u found the same model tyre locally to buy.

mattee2012
Riding on 13's
Posts: 11
Joined: May 8th, 2012, 7:53 pm

Re: tyres

Postby mattee2012 » November 19th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Men still beating up about NEXEN :roll: :shock: Nexen is OEM supplier for Porsche, VW, Mitsubishi, KIA, Hyundai, Fiat, Chrysler, Renault

Calor
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1379
Joined: March 3rd, 2013, 1:07 pm

Re: tyres

Postby Calor » January 14th, 2019, 10:49 pm

LOOKING for a set of 265/65/17 A/T....preferably BF or a top brand...any recommendations?

dredman1
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1631
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 10:47 pm

Re: tyres

Postby dredman1 » February 20th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Anyone knows who are the local agents for Continental tyres?

So far for other brands I found:

Michelin - Quick Service
Bridgestone - Kamus

User avatar
Big Z
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2457
Joined: August 11th, 2004, 9:58 pm
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Kendall, Luberfiner, Redline, Royal Purple, Valvoline, Fuel Injector Cleaning
Contact:

Re: tyres

Postby Big Z » February 20th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Dunlop, Sumitomo, Falken - Tyre Clinic
Conti - Laugh Lyn

User avatar
Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 14769
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 8:07 am
Location: playing with above and below
Contact:

Re: tyres

Postby Dave » February 20th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Laughlin used to do Continental as well as Singhs years ago

dredman1
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1631
Joined: October 7th, 2005, 10:47 pm

Re: tyres

Postby dredman1 » February 20th, 2019, 9:40 pm

^^^Tks

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 21923
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: tyres

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 24th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Where can I get 285/75/17 AT??

User avatar
*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7018
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am
Location: UP IN DA HEEZY!

Re: tyres

Postby *KRONIK* » February 24th, 2019, 7:24 pm

You may have to order those

Ramrattan is is the man for that
4812548
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Where can I get 285/75/17 AT??

User avatar
A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6121
Joined: August 11th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Re: tyres

Postby A172 » February 24th, 2019, 10:40 pm

dredman1 wrote:Anyone knows who are the local agents for Continental tyres?

So far for other brands I found:

Michelin - Quick Service
Bridgestone - Kamus
got conti extremecontact sport@ ramrattans
245/35/19
275/30/19

have other contis as well

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 21923
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: tyres

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 25th, 2019, 6:09 am

*KRONIK* wrote:You may have to order those

Ramrattan is is the man for that
4812548
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Where can I get 285/75/17 AT??


Where he located??

User avatar
*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7018
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am
Location: UP IN DA HEEZY!

Re: tyres

Postby *KRONIK* » February 25th, 2019, 7:04 am

Rio claro
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:You may have to order those

Ramrattan is is the man for that
4812548
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Where can I get 285/75/17 AT??


Where he located??

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests