Forums

Help with some springs!!!!

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

insaneindian
Street 2NR

Help with some springs!!!!

Postby insaneindian » July 27th, 2016, 4:09 pm

ok guys i need your advice, preferably from the guys with lowered vehicles....

The car - VRG GDI Galant

The problem - We recently installed coilover sleeves on the car to lower it slightly, the problem is that the front springs seem to be too soft to handle the weight of the engine and it bangs heavily when i hit even a slight bump (shock barrel seems to be impacting shock head).

Solutions tried- We installed buffer rubbers, long pinkish reddish rubbers that fit in between the coils. They worked for two days before they ripped in half, same story with "h" rubbers. We raised the car back up to stock height and its still impacting hard on bumps.

Mind you the rear is behaving as it should, not too stiff, not too soft.
Yes we installed the springs correctly and adjusted everything correctly.

Anyone can offer some advice as to what i can do to stop the banging?

Advertisement
skylinechild
punchin NOS

Re: Help with some springs!!!!

Postby skylinechild » July 27th, 2016, 4:33 pm

insaneindian wrote:ok guys i need your advice, preferably from the guys with lowered vehicles....

The car - VRG GDI Galant

The problem - We recently installed coilover sleeves on the car to lower it slightly, the problem is that the front springs seem to be too soft to handle the weight of the engine and it bangs heavily when i hit even a slight bump (shock barrel seems to be impacting shock head).

Solutions tried- We installed buffer rubbers, long pinkish reddish rubbers that fit in between the coils. They worked for two days before they ripped in half, same story with "h" rubbers. We raised the car back up to stock height and its still impacting hard on bumps.

Mind you the rear is behaving as it should, not too stiff, not too soft.
Yes we installed the springs correctly and adjusted everything correctly.

Anyone can offer some advice as to what i can do to stop the banging?

what brand of coil over sleeves were used..?? what brand of springs were used.???
you sure you have them installed correctly ?? front springs in the front and rear springs in the rear ??
what brand of shocks are you using .????

insaneindian
Street 2NR

Re: Help with some springs!!!!

Postby insaneindian » Yesterday, 5:21 pm

Megan Racing coilover sleeves and springs with Munroe shocks. Yes the springs were installed correctly, I'm sure of that.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”