Forums

Help: car battery suggestions needed

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Re: Help: car battery suggestions needed

Postby EXODUS » October 27th, 2012, 11:24 pm

My stinger SPP1500 Red top is slowly going after 3 yrs of torture and looking for aneeda 1 to replace but eithr XS power or Optima. what ya'll recommend? going in a boosted lancer with a lil 1000w system n accessories

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » October 28th, 2012, 9:41 pm

I've had good luck with the optima d34 from fens.

My buddy using the acdelco with no complaints, recently started testing the ever ready brand batteries from pricemart, $600tt for a battery equivalent to my d34 specs, so far so good.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 29th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Not sure how the batts and boosted engine bay combo holds up. I was once told by a dealer that a certain brand couldnt be used in the subaru legacy (turbo) engine bay because of the heat. That same brand of batt works well with all other vehicles with great success and is known to be built like a tank.
Bear in mind this was before thsoe battery boxes became readily available. The problem was the swelling due to the heat and I see these metal battery boxes available now (not sure if to prevent that and I havent chat with the dude since). It might be something you will want to look into since you boosted.

Using the Ac Declo here (couldnt source an XS power in time) and it doing well over a year (passed the warranty period). Resting voltage is like 12.3 - 12.4V but remember I dont really play music loud much less with the engine off. I did test my music a lot with the engine off (total amp fuse rating 100A) during my last vacation and voltage drop was approx 0.1 - 0.2V over like half hour.
My XS power d1200 made the 3 years with ease, it was awhile after that it even gave signs of going out the door. I have a feeling I could have gotten a few months more out of it too.

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » October 29th, 2012, 11:29 pm

i found out that its not my batt but rather sum electricaL or just my starter motor goin out. i didn't know your car uses more power when reversing :D. so i'm stil up for a second audio type batt. stinger red top dus handle d heat well n going strong under 9psi fur 3 yrs...

evolution91
Sweet on this forum

Postby evolution91 » October 30th, 2012, 3:06 am

i doing 2 yrs and 2 months with my rocket, car is not boosted, one2400 watts amp...working greeat, its a Rocket battery maintance free , the big size one

Team2lo2flo
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team2lo2flo » November 6th, 2012, 11:46 pm

XS Power Automotive Batteries

3 years Warranty.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=447168

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 10th, 2012, 11:38 am

geometron wrote:i found out that its not my batt but rather sum electricaL or just my starter motor goin out. i didn't know your car uses more power when reversing :D. so i'm stil up for a second audio type batt. stinger red top dus handle d heat well n going strong under 9psi fur 3 yrs...

Not sure what kind of car you rolling with but I had a problem with a starter that made me think its the battery awhile ago.
When you go to tumble all you get is *click*. My first thought is battery dead but second tumble it start normal. Continued like that for awhile till one morning no tumble, electrician came and showed me if you play with it, it will start.
Turned out its a switch thingy on the starter itself, not the starter. Got a foreign used starter in a parts place for $100.00, all I wanted was the switch for mine. Electrician service the foreign used one and put up that one in the car and done. Been a few years and havent had a problem since.

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » November 10th, 2012, 11:44 am

nervewrecker wrote:
geometron wrote:i found out that its not my batt but rather sum electricaL or just my starter motor goin out. i didn't know your car uses more power when reversing :D. so i'm stil up for a second audio type batt. stinger red top dus handle d heat well n going strong under 9psi fur 3 yrs...

Not sure what kind of car you rolling with but I had a problem with a starter that made me think its the battery awhile ago.
When you go to tumble all you get is *click*. My first thought is battery dead but second tumble it start normal. Continued like that for awhile till one morning no tumble, electrician came and showed me if you play with it, it will start.
Turned out its a switch thingy on the starter itself, not the starter. Got a foreign used starter in a parts place for $100.00, all I wanted was the switch for mine. Electrician service the foreign used one and put up that one in the car and done. Been a few years and havent had a problem since.

yeah i had sum similar. i had to turn bout 5 times for it to start until my mech took out the unit and serviced/replaced brushes etc. works good for now but he said when cranking, my batt voltage drops below 10 so which means the batt is slowly giving out...sigh

jason3000
Ricer

Re: please help me!!!what is the best batteries in trinidad!

Postby jason3000 » October 19th, 2017, 3:00 pm

sliderz1 wrote:
cutthroatInt wrote:
is it normal for these batteries to konk out after approx a year? and why is that?
I always make sure my alternator charging properly and water level good etc.

i fixed 2 cells in a 1 1/2 yrs in meh las powermaster

Wahw! How did you fix the cells?

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » October 19th, 2017, 3:16 pm

I have a red top optima 5 years and going strong... Originally it was used in a boosted cefiro now its in a Lancer with 2 amps.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”