Best battery to buy.

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Team2lo2flo
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Best battery to buy.

Postby Team2lo2flo » June 30th, 2014, 1:40 am

mitch1980 wrote:Damn it
this week i messaged Team2lo2flo for battery for a Hilux hoping for weekend to change to a XS power battery.
and on Thursday 4:20pm i went to my van and battery died.
i had no choice but to get a Rocket battery from Laughlin Le Gannes as they closed at 430pm
I was not driving south to La Romain of a "Jumped" battery

BTW stock battery from toyota lasted 34 months.....longest battery i had in all vehicles owned ...15 years

34 Months from a stock battery is pretty impressive. What brand do they come with stock from the firm?

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » June 30th, 2014, 9:37 am

Team2lo2flo wrote:
this week i messaged Team2lo2flo for battery for a Hilux hoping for weekend to change to a XS power battery.
i had no choice but to get a Rocket battery from Laughlin Le Gannes as they closed at 430pm

BTW stock battery from toyota lasted 34 months.....longest battery i had in all vehicles owned ...15 years

34 Months from a stock battery is pretty impressive. What brand do they come with stock from the firm?

it's a brand call " 3K'

guess it's what Toyota uses

Team2lo2flo
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team2lo2flo » July 2nd, 2014, 1:46 am

mitch1980 wrote:
Team2lo2flo wrote:

it's a brand call " 3K'

guess it's what Toyota uses

Ok cool ..

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » July 2nd, 2014, 2:46 pm

I went over my budget and got an XS Power battery. After five months, it is the best battery I have ever had. No problems whatsoever. I can jam my daily system (2 amps...double 12" bass, two 8" mids & two 6" mids) and start car after like normal. Power fuh so. I have a voltmeter in my car and with this battery, my volts stay reasonably high at full tilt of music.

If yuh want performance and longevity, buy the XS Power battery.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » July 2nd, 2014, 3:58 pm

BrotherHood wrote:I went over my budget and got an XS Power battery. After five months, it is the best battery I have ever had. No problems whatsoever. I can jam my daily system (2 amps...double 12" bass, two 8" mids & two 6" mids) and start car after like normal. Power fuh so. I have a voltmeter in my car and with this battery, my volts stay reasonably high at full tilt of music.

If yuh want performance and longevity, buy the XS Power battery.

good stuff man
will do next time

mitchy
Ricer

Postby mitchy » July 5th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Atlas is the best brand of battery locally.

It uses 4th generation grid technology.
It is vibration and heat resistant

the distributor target solutions are quick to replace and in the event that the battery does fail before the 18 months.

it is also the same price as ac delco

deep cycle (dry cell) batteries are not meant to be used as a starting battery, you are wasting your time and money buying deep cycle- gel or agm for just starting your vehicle, they are meant to be charged far less often than a regular starter battery

mitchy
Ricer

Postby mitchy » July 5th, 2014, 7:38 pm

Team2lo2flo
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team2lo2flo » July 5th, 2014, 11:17 pm

mitchy wrote:

deep cycle (dry cell) batteries are not meant to be used as a starting battery, you are wasting your time and money buying deep cycle- gel or agm for just starting your vehicle, they are meant to be charged far less often than a regular starter battery

Where are you getting your information from?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » July 6th, 2014, 12:10 am

Probably his anus?

area6
3NE 2NR for life

Postby area6 » July 6th, 2014, 12:12 am

Optima yellow top regardless what you using it for

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 6th, 2014, 12:32 am

area6 wrote:Optima yellow top regardless what you using it for

Next one with anus knowledgd

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » July 6th, 2014, 12:43 am

Richard Marshall wrote:What's the best brand battery to buy for an L24 engine? Need to buy one now. Could do with the Advice. Anyone owns an AC Delco also?

Have a Yuasa Diesel Power 16 plate in our L24 Laurel since June 2009, car is used almost everyday.

Have an AC Delco maintenance free battery in the Frontier since Nov 2011...was a bit skeptical about this but going strong thus far.

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » July 6th, 2014, 1:18 am

Seems that no one really had any bad experiences with the many brands. I guess they all do the work it was built for.

mitchy
Ricer

Postby mitchy » July 6th, 2014, 12:36 pm

http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthr ... ng-Battery

seems like two anuses living in the stone age going by hearsay from their mechanic and parts place and do not know what is google

mitchy
Ricer

Postby mitchy » July 6th, 2014, 12:37 pm

mitchy
Ricer

Postby mitchy » July 6th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Team2lo2flo
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team2lo2flo » July 6th, 2014, 1:53 pm

AGM batteries are very advanced, compared to flooded batteries which tend to fail for no reason, there is a reason that AGM batteries are used in aircrafts and for military use due to their long life and increased protection for vibration etc, Flooded batteries generally do not last anywhere as long compared to AGM batteries. Please note that i am not referring to any specific brand of batteries, just the type ( Flooded Batteries,vs AGM batteries). There is also a reason why AGM batteries are usually a bit more expensive.

I copied and pasted, a link you provided earlier

Dont see where it said " they are meant to be charged much less than regular flooded batteries as you indicated"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who have recreational vehicles (RVs) and boats are familiar with deep cycle batteries. These batteries are also common in golf carts and large solar power systems (the sun produces power during the day and the batteries store some of the power for use at night). If you have read the article How Emergency Power Systems Work, then you also know that an alternative to gasoline-powered generators is an inverter powered by one or more deep cycle batteries.

Both car batteries and deep cycle batteries are lead-acid batteries that use exactly the same chemistry for their operation (see How Batteries Work for more information). The difference is in the way that the batteries optimize their design:

A car's battery is designed to provide a very large amount of current for a short period of time. This surge of current is needed to turn the engine over during starting. Once the engine starts, the alternator provides all the power that the car needs, so a car battery may go through its entire life without ever being drained more than 20 percent of its total capacity. Used in this way, a car battery can last a number of years. To achieve a large amount of current, a car battery uses thin plates in order to increase its surface area.
A deep cycle battery is designed to provide a steady amount of current over a long period of time. A deep cycle battery can provide a surge when needed, but nothing like the surge a car battery can. A deep cycle battery is also designed to be deeply discharged over and over again (something that would ruin a car battery very quickly). To accomplish this, a deep cycle battery uses thicker plates.

A car battery typically has two ratings:

CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) - The number of amps that the battery can produce at 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) for 30 seconds
RC (Reserve Capacity) - The number of minutes that the battery can deliver 25 amps while keeping its voltage above 10.5 volts

Typically, a deep cycle battery will have two or three times the RC of a car battery, but will deliver one-half or three-quarters the CCAs. In addition, a deep cycle battery can withstand several hundred total discharge/recharge cycles, while a car battery is not designed to be totally discharged.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » July 9th, 2014, 12:48 pm

MG Man wrote:Price Smart battery ftw.....have them in three cars with no problems whatsoever...and prices are the best
- Rovin's car audio - wrote:agreed , have a ps batt in my car a couple yrs going too

$ for $ NONE comes close to d value u get from priceless batteries , rel piper pricing & it wukkin ! ...
This is the Eveready? How long is their battery warranty (assuming it has one)?
And where/how do you go about testing for the duration of the warranty (like you have to go into L&DG every 3 months to check to maintain the warranty)?

INHUMAN wrote:lol @ the d1cks that buy eveready @ p/mart
Why? Is there a problem with them?

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 10th, 2014, 1:14 pm

one time i went to renew my psmart membership and i saw 6 people come in and return those everready batteries

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » July 10th, 2014, 1:18 pm

Saw one guy returning one also. ..but the problem there is allowing less than smart people to choose their own batteries because you will hear them by the battery section saying "doh study that it go wuk".

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » July 10th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Went to check them today, and saw a table full of them sitting in the back lane where they normally have all the returned items. But I can agree with cherrypopper on the possible cause.

Warranty is 1 year full replacement, and an additional 9 months pro-rated after that.

The price tag of the one for my car (# 4 battery) was missing, but if I go by the prices of the others it seems it would probably be around $800. Priced a SMF replacement battery for my car at L&DG as well today at $1050 (13 plate).

The Eveready doesn't seem to be maintenance free though - you have to check and top up the water levels yourself.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 10th, 2014, 5:52 pm

My recent rocket battery replacement cost me less than $600 as it was on special. Usual cost is around $1000 :smile:

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » July 11th, 2014, 10:17 pm

Ended up buying a Rocket from L&DG for $997 (13 plate) with the usual 18 mths warranty today. Exact model of the one in my car that was on its way out, 30 months after I purchased it.

The technician tested it and said the voltage didn't hold when it was subjected to load, which would explain the more frequent slow starts and low voltage I was getting when starting on mornings. It was still working, but I didn't want to risk it dying at an inopportune time.

When I was leaving, I saw they also had Interstate batteries on sale, with a full 24 mnth warranty. Didn't see it before I purchased the Rocket, or else might have considered it. It was roughly $100 - $200 more, but it didn't seem to be maintenance free. You have to top up with water yourself.

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » July 12th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Will L&DG be open tomorrow? I need to get a battery tomorrow. It's really important.

What's the pros and cons of maintenance free to maintenance batteries?

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » July 12th, 2014, 9:23 pm

^^^ Its for a Laurel or 280C?

Buy a powerful battery if you can, I recommend a 16 plate,my car uses a lot of electricity when not in motion,not sure how many electrical stuff you have functioning in your car, eg. Door lights, alarm etc

Team2lo2flo
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team2lo2flo » July 12th, 2014, 10:58 pm

Richard Marshall wrote:Will L&DG be open tomorrow? I need to get a battery tomorrow. It's really important.

What's the pros and cons of maintenance free to maintenance batteries?

I will be open tomorrow if you would like to purchase an XS Power Battery

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=447985

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » July 14th, 2014, 2:14 am

Black Scorpion wrote:^^^ Its for a Laurel or 280C?

Buy a powerful battery if you can, I recommend a 16 plate,my car uses a lot of electricity when not in motion,not sure how many electrical stuff you have functioning in your car, eg. Door lights, alarm etc

Regular lighting as usual. No deck, music or fancy lights. Was told a 13 will be good enough. I'm not looking to run any extra lights or music. If I do run music, just a deck with two 6×9 speakers. A 280c with an L24 engine.

My budget is $1,000. Right now have other things I'm tending too. It's a bit tough. Lol.

bella776
Riding on 13's

Postby bella776 » July 20th, 2014, 10:48 am

AC DELCO...trust me

Mosaic
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mosaic » August 5th, 2014, 7:58 pm

I been doing significant battery rejuvenation research over 2 years. Built a smart machine about the size of a minitower PC that 'recovers' and rerates (cranking and capacity) failed auto batteries in about 24 hours. Have been reconditioning dead RORO batteries for about a year and placing them back into service. For free. Just to get hard data to optimize the system and prove it commercially. Needless to say, I ain't bought a battery in a long time and I maintain 5 cars.
AGM, calcium, mtce free, and regular batts have all been recovered.
30% of all processed batts return to service! Even batts down to 3V resting have been recovered!

If ya want to process your dead batt for free , gimmee a shout.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 5th, 2014, 8:57 pm

Thing is you are kinda running a risk of that battery going at the most inopportune time

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”