Forums

KIA cerato HIDs

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Varm47
Riding on 13's

KIA cerato HIDs

Postby Varm47 » March 4th, 2016, 8:23 pm

HIDs installed on my cerato are not powering on all the time. Sometimes all lights would come on and other times only the driver's side headlamp will come on. Wiring and HID kits are wired properly. Any suggestions on what might be causing this and ways i can fix it.

Wolfstein
Sweet on this forum

Re: KIA cerato HIDs

Postby Wolfstein » March 4th, 2016, 9:12 pm

ballast. i have installed alot of kits and straight out of the box a ballast is bad.

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » March 6th, 2016, 3:54 am

That is not a ballast.
All new Kia and Hyundai vehicles have this problem. You need to wire a relay to it to correct the problem.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » March 8th, 2016, 10:36 am

Yea what equipped2ripp said.
That's a problem a problem with the OEM factory HID on the new Kia vehicles.
Take the vehicle back to Southern Sales and let them sort it out.

Wolfstein
Sweet on this forum

Postby Wolfstein » March 8th, 2016, 12:05 pm

From what he said brotherhood he installed a kit. Not the factory kit. Then if a relay is needed to switch battery power to the ballast. that means that there is a definite problem with the electrical circuit for the headlights. With that said a 55w halogen lamp draws an approximate of 10amps while an H.I.D draws an approximate of 4-5amps. Hope this helps to solve your problem.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » March 9th, 2016, 12:14 pm

Wolfstein wrote:From what he said brotherhood he installed a kit. Not the factory kit. Then if a relay is needed to switch battery power to the ballast. that means that there is a definite problem with the electrical circuit for the headlights. With that said a 55w halogen lamp draws an approximate of 10amps while an H.I.D draws an approximate of 4-5amps. Hope this helps to solve your problem.

Yea yea, same with the new Ford Ranger as well.
What he needs to do is take to the company and let them clear the error from the ECU. Don't let them know he installed aftermarket HID.

Wolfstein
Sweet on this forum

Postby Wolfstein » March 9th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Never had that problem on the ford rangers. More euro cars

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » March 9th, 2016, 3:21 pm

personal experience.
the owner of the ranger had to take the vehicle back to the company for them to clear the error. the hid kit sent an error to the ecu that caused the hid lights to only work upon initial installation and switch on. never worked after that. even the stock h4 bulb wouldn't work properly afterward.

Wolfstein
Sweet on this forum

Postby Wolfstein » March 9th, 2016, 4:30 pm

BrotherHood wrote:personal experience.
the owner of the ranger had to take the vehicle back to the company for them to clear the error. the hid kit sent an error to the ecu that caused the hid lights to only work upon initial installation and switch on. never worked after that. even the stock h4 bulb wouldn't work properly afterward.
noted

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » March 9th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Strange tho I installed hid's in both kia Rio and cerato (2015) and no problems so far. No relay installed and kits running for about 6 months in both vehicles. To top it off I'm not a professional, just followed directions on the box the kits came in.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”