Wanted - Auto Body parts from the U.S.

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dutty_S
Street 2NR

Wanted - Auto Body parts from the U.S.

Postby Dutty_S » April 18th, 2017, 4:38 am

Hi,

Not sure if the appropriate forum, but figured i'd give it a go.

Parts i'm looking at are no longer in production/re-production...but quite available in Salvage yards in the U.S. which i've contacted, but are a bit too large to fit in my hand luggage (a bit bigger than an engine) :-|

Issue is getting it here....

I've used Amerijet in the past to bring in an engine...for example...was not from a Salvage yard in that instance.

Looking for other options. Anyone packing containers out of MIA?

Thanks

Pic...for attention...

classic.JPG
Last edited by Dutty_S on April 18th, 2017, 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Wanted - Body parts from the U.S.

Postby Morpheus » April 18th, 2017, 6:12 am

Oh......Car parts you mean......

Dutty_S
Street 2NR

Re: Wanted - Auto Body parts from the U.S.

Postby Dutty_S » April 18th, 2017, 7:14 am

^yeh, I should have been more specific.

title changed to reflect.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 6th, 2017, 7:59 pm

Fatboy in Chase village, 673-4438 brings containers. I would like to know though, what you want to bring, because I bring in parts all the time and have no issues. Plenty parts. I just carry it to PAScargo in Hialeah Gardens and it's here in a few days.

Dutty_S
Street 2NR

Postby Dutty_S » May 21st, 2017, 9:18 pm

For starters, a radiator panel.

In a past life, a turbo conversion was at attempted (which ive since removed) with a lot of butched work to the radiator panel.

Even to top rail of the panel was removed and replaced by a piece of straight pipe in what I would assume was an attempt to stiffen up the front.

Basically im looking at getting it back close to original, even considering fabricating along the lines of original, so it keeps the appearance intact whilst maintaining a level of rigidity in a unibody this old.

Next is the gas tank, as it was removed and replaced by a fuel cell. Tank cover was welded shut...

Im sure when the bodywork is started (current state is a thick layer of rattlecan spray, on for the past few years), i'll find more (swiss cheeze panels...lolz), as with most of these '72 Datsuns.

Still playing with the idea of blasting (ice or glass...sandblast would def be too much for the thin panels) to remove the gunk paint (or maybe just sanding down)...but still need to look around at home and see work done, as a few guys seem to be doing it now professionally since id looked into it in the past few years; instead of going the novice route and buying a kit from Eastwood/ Harbour Freight...and risking myself messing up/warping the body.

Thanks much for the info. Any further input would be appreciated.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”