TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

New Homegrown technology to regenerate lead acid batteries.

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mosaic
Sweet on this forum

New Homegrown technology to regenerate lead acid batteries.

Postby Mosaic » September 21st, 2017, 11:17 pm

Hello everyone:
This is just a heads up as my 5 year arc of product dev. is about done and I going to make regenerated auto/marine batteries commercially available to the public in a few months. This isn't an advert., its news, so don't ask about prices, locations or availability yet. I'll take up a commercial 'Tuner account before I post that.

There will be a warranty to go with the batteries and they will be re-branded, serialized and trademarked. Note that no chemical additives are used, the batteries are indistinguishable from OEM make and not altered physically, other than a label declaring the CCA & AH ratings.

Regenerated batteries aren't for everyone, but I have not had to buy a battery in 4 years for my 4 vehicles. 3 Nissans and 1 Subie. Including a 4wd SR20VET.

For those who don't believe that batteries can be regenerated and be useful, well the proof of the pudding is in the eating. One major battery brand has been regenerating batteries locally for over a year with my gear and placing them in customer vehicles when a new battery warranty claim is made. Who knows, you may just have a regen. battery under your hood. 8-)

Also a pilot & tracer test run of about 30 regen batteries were sold into the South market last year over a 1 week period (Princes Town). Zero returns in the warranty period.

The innovation has been awarded by the GORTT, the IPICA-PROJECT.EU in 2016 and now the Caribbean Climate Innovation Centre. It is the only CCIC Awarded project from T&T for 2017 out of 14 across the Caribbean. :mrgreen:

Making a sustainable commercial success out of home grown tech. is the next challenge. I hope this community will become part of taking Trinidad technology and economic diversification into the global markets. :idea:

FYI I don't regenerate batteries for individuals, so please don't ask me to. My World Bank investment pitch is purely B2B.

BTW did you know that T&T generates over 350,000 spent auto batteries per year?

cypher
Street 2NR

Re: New Homegrown technology to regenerate lead acid batteries.

Postby cypher » September 22nd, 2017, 5:48 am

Keep it up

jl6106
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jl6106 » September 22nd, 2017, 6:52 am

Sounds great, glad for you

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 22nd, 2017, 12:46 pm

That's cool!

What's the science behind it? Simplified explanation, we don't want to know your proprietary details

Mosaic
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mosaic » September 22nd, 2017, 3:32 pm

Improper battery care or charging regimens that are incorrect for the battery type effectively result in premature 'failure' of in service batteries which then can no longer be properly charged by modern chargers/alternators.

The new regenerator appliance customizes a charge profile for each battery based on measured battery status parameters and does multiple steps of testing during the regen. process to assure battery capability.

The appliance is internet aware and can be monitored remotely with command and control from any global location.

Statistically this averages between 20% and 33% of 'defective' batteries. Or somewhere around 100,000 auto. batteries from T&T alone are prematurely replaced per annum.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » September 25th, 2017, 11:38 pm

isnt this similar to those battery desulphator units ?

Mosaic
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mosaic » October 6th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Desulfation is only one factor in battery degradation.

It's like saying you got the 'virus' when you're sick....what does that really mean other than you are sick?

From a 'cure' point of view, here are the following potential issues that have to be addressed.

There are progressive failure modes and catastrophic failure modes.

Corroded bussbars
Sulphated plates
Dendritic shorts (electroplating derivative)
Conductive sludging at base of cells
Cracked grid and paste shedding
Failed plate separators
Poor Grid to bussbar jointing
Contaminated electrolyte
Insufficient electrolyte
Unbalanced cell string
Thermal instability due to unbalanced cells and thermally induced oxidation products.
Chronic undercharging => hard sulphation=> general battery swelling
Chronic overcharging =>corroded positive grid and expansion => battery swelling near positive post.
Loss of seal near positive post => resistant & recurrent black post coating.
Tribasic and tetrabasic lead compound forming => determines cell capacity.
Electrochemical nucleation for chemical to electrical energy conversion sites on cell plates.
Degraded battery posts

Some of the above issues result in genuine non recoverable battery failure without physical surgery on the battery.
However, several of them are reversible and quantifiable.

The overall picture distills to a statistical 20 to 30% of failed batteries can be regenerated to the point of OEM function.
That said, T&T alone is throwing away around 250,000 usable batteries every year.

Mosaic
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mosaic » October 8th, 2017, 7:44 pm

FYI y'all
battery posts.png

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”