TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK: Breaking down a car into components?

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

WTK: Breaking down a car into components?

Postby zorced » November 1st, 2017, 4:28 pm

Guys, how long should it take to properly break down an entire typical Japanese car (e.g. Nissan Tiida) into spare parts?

One mechanic told me 4 hours or less and another told me at least a day. I'm not sure which is more reliable.

Also is it recommended to get a qualified mechanic for this (skilled) or is general experience adequate (semi/unskilled)?
Last edited by zorced on November 1st, 2017, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: WTK: Breaking down a car into components?

Postby zorced » November 3rd, 2017, 10:06 am

Anyone?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 3rd, 2017, 7:25 pm

Depends on what you consider breaking down. Major large components only, possibly 4 hrs. Scrapped down to shell like someone thief it, considerably more time without breaking sheit.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » November 3rd, 2017, 10:01 pm

zorced wrote:Anyone?
scrapping 2-3 cars a day in japan is a sort of benchmark for those who pack containers. Don't know if that's what ur getting to.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 5th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm talking about spare parts like how you would find it at the bamboo. Body parts like doors remain whole. Other spares would be the individual parts like alternator, ac compressor radiator etc. If in japan they do 2-3 a day, is that one person per car or more?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » November 5th, 2017, 6:58 pm

zorced wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm talking about spare parts like how you would find it at the bamboo. Body parts like doors remain whole. Other spares would be the individual parts like alternator, ac compressor radiator etc. If in japan they do 2-3 a day, is that one person per car or more?
I don't think the would separate to smaller parts like alternator etc in Japan...nose cut, front cut, interior, body parts, seats, engine + transmission, and suspension parts....

They would scrap engine further locally.

Yea one person would do 2-3 cars...fast movements..therefore experience goes a long way. Parts dealers have their systems to get parts very cheap from Japan.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 8th, 2017, 10:08 am

disassembly is much easier and faster than reassembly.
Especially if you don't care what bolt is supposed to go where.

I went to a scrapyard once with sheit tools and completely stripped the interior of a car in two hours, and I was actively keeping a record of bolts, clips and other small parts.

With proper tools and gear, I don't see why an entire car can't be scrapped in under 4 hours.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » January 27th, 2018, 7:48 am

was with someone who bought a car from a foreign used place already, By bicks in penal

car had no engine trans, no suspension. Paid at 10am, drove out at 4pm. Everything but the ac was working.

I personally have known people who assemble cars, tiidas ect, one usually takes 4-5 hours, forklift assisting, engine trans brakes cradles ect, whole front subframe pelting it the car. back is usually a banjo. Hardest thing is the harness but its all plug and play.

disassembling is easy.

cordless tools are your friend, get a m18 impact gun.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » January 28th, 2018, 12:34 pm

That's some good advice there. So disassembly on that same job with major components should not take long.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”