Forums

Wtk: Nissan X trail hybrid issue I think

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Coke_AA
Riding on 13's

Wtk: Nissan X trail hybrid issue I think

Postby Coke_AA » June 21st, 2018, 4:18 pm

Good day, bought a 2016 X trail hybrid last year, now going 21*** miles and recently when switching from EV to gas under 15kmph, I've been hearing a squeaking noise emitting from the engine bay, has anyone encountered this or has any knowledge of it. Thanks much

Torque1234
Riding on 13's

Re: Wtk: Nissan X trail hybrid issue I think

Postby Torque1234 » July 7th, 2019, 2:46 pm

I believe this problem is common to the hybrid xtrail together with a bearing shelling problem. There is a clutch inside the hybrid motor inside the transmissions, this clutch applies to allow the engine to be coupled to the drivetrain. It is a dry clutch, I believe the squeak you are hearing is coming from that clutch when it applies. Have you had this problem resolved yet?

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Wtk: Nissan X trail hybrid issue I think

Postby joe_d_boss » September 13th, 2019, 7:24 am

I also have a 2015 T32 X-trail Hybrid and have been having this noise from early. I bought my own almost brand new since it was a demo vehicle for a Nissan Japan dealer with only 750 km. The noise started quite early within the first few months. Some say it isn't a problem. I am not sure what to make of it. I'm at 40,000 km now and still the vehicle drives good despite the squeaking noise at times.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”