TEIN Coilovers Making Noise When Turning

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sonny
Riding on 13's

TEIN Coilovers Making Noise When Turning

Postby sonny » August 28th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Hey Folks,

Need some advice, installed TEIN Coilovers on my however when I am turning slowly, the left front coilover makes noise, sounds like the spring popping somewhat. I checked all the knots and bolts everything is tighten properly. Can you all give me some advice?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: TEIN Coilovers Making Noise When Turning

Postby skylinechild » August 28th, 2018, 3:32 pm

sonny wrote:Hey Folks,

Need some advice, installed TEIN Coilovers on my however when I am turning slowly, the left front coilover makes noise, sounds like the spring popping somewhat. I checked all the knots and bolts everything is tighten properly. Can you all give me some advice?

what car is the coil over installed onto ? where is the noise coming from the coil over exactly ?
top or bottom..??

jack up car put it on jack stands and turn the steering wheel to see if u can replicate the noise.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » August 28th, 2018, 4:48 pm

Usually happens when there is resistance to turning at the top mount bearing.

If it is the mount, it won't make any noise when unloaded on a jack stand. Most times anyway.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » September 8th, 2018, 7:30 am

sonny wrote:Hey Folks,

Sell those coilovers and put back the springs and shocks the car came with and solve the problem. If you want a low ride, buy a box cart. You fellas like trouble yea.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”