Forums

Meguiars ultimate fast finish

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 18th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Thoughts about this spray sealant product? I have been using autoglym for a while and these days its a pain to clay, polish and wax.Its just too tiring for me.The results is great but in the end it does not last long...I jus mad for all that work..

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: Meguiars ultimate fast finish

Postby MG Man » July 18th, 2019, 1:14 pm

aaron17 wrote:Thoughts about this spray sealant product? I have been using autoglym for a while and these days its a pain to clay, polish and wax.Its just too tiring for me.The results is great but in the end it does not last long...I jus mad for all that work..

how often are you claying etc?
You could try the hybrid ceramic wax after you do all the elbow work. It gives a decent sacrificial barrier. The Meg spray sealant is decent too but the Hybrid takes it up a notch

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 18th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Potentially interesting thread. You own a electric polisher OP?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 18th, 2019, 1:56 pm

MG Man wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Thoughts about this spray sealant product? I have been using autoglym for a while and these days its a pain to clay, polish and wax.Its just too tiring for me.The results is great but in the end it does not last long...I jus mad for all that work..

You could try the hybrid ceramic wax after you do all the elbow work. It gives a decent sacrificial barrier. The Meg spray sealant is decent too but the Hybrid takes it up a notch
Info? Pic of bottle?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 18th, 2019, 2:05 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Info? Pic of bottle?

https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/pro ... 0526-26-oz

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 18th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Les Bain wrote:Potentially interesting thread. You own a electric polisher OP?
Use hand

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 18th, 2019, 4:17 pm

MG Man wrote:

I use to do it every 6 months of doing a full process.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 18th, 2019, 4:18 pm

Have autoglym range....super resin polish ...hdwax...extra gloss protection..shampoo.... glass cleaner.. clay bar.. even the rapid aqua wax for top up..

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 18th, 2019, 4:23 pm

the spray sealant you asked about will probably give you 6 months protection in our conditions
What I like about the hybrid ceramic is the added sacrificial layer of protection, which you can apply on top of your final wax, to 'lock it in'

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 18th, 2019, 4:25 pm

Hd wax on another level of shine but does not last long for me. Why do all that work if it don't last?

Side note ....my car gets dirty below more than usual...

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 18th, 2019, 4:26 pm

MG Man wrote:the spray sealant you asked about will probably give you 6 months protection in our conditions
What I like about the hybrid ceramic is the added sacrificial layer of protection, which you can apply on top of your final wax, to 'lock it in'
Ok cool

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 18th, 2019, 5:17 pm

aaron17 wrote:
Use hand
If from reading that's your process, I would say invest in a da polisher as well.

Mg I feel I will give it a try yes, watched a couple YouTube vids and it does look promising

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 18th, 2019, 6:35 pm

I wonder if carplus have that.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 18th, 2019, 11:31 pm

^^

That product is amazing .

Absolutely marvelous .

It also last longer than dishwashing liquid , the $20 dishwashing bottle by Pasea Main Road as
you going East on the left hand side, just before A1 Auto and before the Vegetable Stall that does sell
big bigan.

The "Car Cover" I buy @ Costco does slide off and I need to pin it down on all 4 sides with hair clip pins .

33 hertz
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 33 hertz » July 18th, 2019, 11:40 pm

Saw it at Unipet Marabella for a decent price

I spann
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby I spann » July 19th, 2019, 7:13 am

Garage Fresh on Monroe Rd has it cheap

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 19th, 2019, 8:10 am

nick639v2 wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
Use hand
If from reading that's your process, I would say invest in a da polisher as well.

Mg I feel I will give it a try yes, watched a couple YouTube vids and it does look promising

Yes I, you fall into my trap. Could you recommend a polisher? I try my best but there's only so much you can do by hand, far less when weather and time are factored in.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 19th, 2019, 9:00 am

Les Bain wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
Use hand

Yes I, you fall into my trap. Could you recommend a polisher? I try my best but there's only so much you can do by hand, far less when weather and time are factored in.

Meguiars Dual Action buffer is awesome...not exactly cheap, but idiot proof (as proven by me)...

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 19th, 2019, 9:36 am

MG Man wrote:
Les Bain wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
Use hand

Meguiars Dual Action buffer is awesome...not exactly cheap, but idiot proof (as proven by me)...

It looks fantastic....but they might ream mih battam in customs. It have anything of decent quality available locally?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 19th, 2019, 10:58 pm

I can't say locally na. I managed to get me a meguiars MT300 from KK about 2 years ago, and it still is what I'd recommend to anybody, it beat my cousin torqx machine with the actual work/result time but it's a good start. (I think the torq is decently priced on Amazon)

I see farfan had Porter Cable brand but I don't have any experience with it

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 20th, 2019, 8:42 am

PriceSmart has the ArmorAll orbital buffer, though the reviews I have read stated that it's too under-powered.
L&D Tool Store had a 10" random orbital buffer with extra pads for $300 which i picked up.

I was using the ArmorAll Wash n Wax, but after watching countless detail videos on YouTube, I switched to Meguiar's Gold Class Wash. From the 2nd time I ever washed and waxed a car i realized that i need a machine to apply and buff wax because my arm was breaking off.

Here's what I do OP:

1. Car in the shade, make sure the paint is cool so there is no micro-expansion and contractions on the paint coating layers which will damage the paint in long term.
  2. Electric pressure washer, wet car, remove most of the dirt.
  3. Foam cannon: 2oz Gold Class in the bottle mixed with water, foam the entire car and sit for at least 5 minutes.
  4. Touch wash with a bucket of water and a microfiber mitt. Get all the dirt off. You can use 2 bucket and a dirt guard because you don't want the fine particles to get back into the mitt and scratch the paint. Never use swirl patterns. Just straight lines when cleaning. You ever saw a car reflected in the sun and you see all the swirl marks? That's why.
  5. If it's due, clay bar the entire surface with a lubricant in a spray bottle. I use a bit of the same Meguiar's Gold Class and it works very excellent as a lube for the clay. You can use a pH neutral soap like Palmolive as a lube, but that will just strip the conditioner that you just applied with the foam wash. Oh, btw, clay is expensive and I have spent a lot of money on it just to throw it away. I now use plumber's putty. Plumber's Maitte. Serious. The grain is so fine that it clays away very fine particles just like car clay. Just make sure to lube and wipe away any clay residue when it forms with your wash mitt and bucket. It's the cheapest thing and works just as well.
  6. I do a redundant foam wash next. Let it soak 5 mins and wash off with water. Dry the car with microfiber cloth. PriceSmart sells 100 for $100.
  7. Now is time for the orbital machine. I use Carnauba wax. They come from cheap Turtle Wax , to the higher end Mothers California Gold paste. Apply the wax on the pad in several spots to get good pad coverage. Never apply wax directly to the car. NEVER START THE ORBITAL MACHINE IN FREE AIR. ALWAYS START AND STOP THE MACHINE PRESSED AGAINST THE CAR. Wax away to your heart's content. Just apply the paste to the pad and wax everything you see. Wait for the wax to dry to the touch, i.e. when you wipe with your finger it leaves no residue.
  8. Change to the buffing pad. Go to work. You will just love the shine that Carnauba wax gives you, as well as the smell. It's the smell of new car detail care and love.

Also don't forget to clay the windscreen, as well as hand wax and buff it. Don't forget to clean the wiper blades that contacts the glass with a cloth, it comes out black with dirt. Don't forget the door jambs and inside the gas tank cover when your doing the general wash with the mitt.

That was 3 hours work right there. By this time I so tired, i just vacuum inside the car and use some ArmorAll on the dash and call it a day.

So the advantage of using Meguiar's® Gold Class instead of a dedicated foam soap, is that the next 4-5 times i wash the car, i just use that. The carnauba wax is still there, does not get stripped, and it just looks enhanced and better. I don't clay and wax the car with every wash. That's deep detailing. Maintenance foam washes with the Meguiar's Gold Class keep the paint and clear coat healthy until it's time for another deep detailing. If you have to do paint correction then you would get a bottle of car polish, but that's another story. I assume your paint is in fine condition, OP.
Last edited by maj. tom on July 20th, 2019, 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 20th, 2019, 8:49 am

Ground control to Major Tom: that's some fantastically detailed (no pun intended) advice. Both for care and the polishers.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 20th, 2019, 9:13 am

Thanks Maj. Tom . The full detail process is done every 6 months?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 21st, 2019, 11:49 am

How much you all price out fast finish locally?.. I seeing to bring it via online is 385 tt

I spann
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby I spann » July 21st, 2019, 6:47 pm

Bought one on Friday at Garage Fresh for $140,and the Gold Class car wash was $100

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » July 21st, 2019, 6:50 pm

All dem mothers amd meguiars watered down formulas of the 20th century are garbage now...many other brands for fraction of the cost doing the equivalent job.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 21st, 2019, 11:29 pm

INHUMAN wrote:All dem mothers amd meguiars watered down formulas of the 20th century are garbage now...many other brands for fraction of the cost doing the equivalent job.
What are those other brands.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 22nd, 2019, 8:23 am

INHUMAN wrote:All dem mothers amd meguiars watered down formulas of the 20th century are garbage now...many other brands for fraction of the cost doing the equivalent job.

you sound like a waxco kinda fella

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 22nd, 2019, 12:43 pm

I tried waxco......once

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 22nd, 2019, 2:40 pm

I spann wrote:Bought one on Friday at Garage Fresh for $140,and the Gold Class car wash was $100
Would like to know the longevitiy test of sff.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”