TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Help needed please!

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Trojanman
Riding on 13's

Help needed please!

Postby Trojanman » July 18th, 2018, 11:03 am

Hey good morning all I'm in really need for some insight.....I have a B13 which I converted to QG15 cable type everything worked fine until i realise that sometimes after putting the car in drive the first shift in the transmission goes in hard like a big jerk and the car doesn't kick down but if I cut off and start back the gear shifts easily and I'm able to kick down can you tell me what causes that? I had to change the head and block and tranny bcuz the mechanic said that the tranny was burnt out and caused the head to overheat and mash up but different tranny and same issue so I'm worried that it will head down that road. Please help thanks

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Help needed please!

Postby skylinechild » July 21st, 2018, 12:46 pm

Trojanman wrote:Hey good morning all I'm in really need for some insight.....I have a B13 which I converted to QG15 cable type everything worked fine until i realise that sometimes after putting the car in drive the first shift in the transmission goes in hard like a big jerk and the car doesn't kick down but if I cut off and start back the gear shifts easily and I'm able to kick down can you tell me what causes that? I had to change the head and block and tranny bcuz the mechanic said that the tranny was burnt out and caused the head to overheat and mash up but different tranny and same issue so I'm worried that it will head down that road. Please help thanks

1. can you tell me what is a "burnt out" transmission ??

2. how does a "burnt out transmission" cause the engine to over heat ???

sounds like your mechanic taking you for a ride bruh.

talk to anil sooknanan. hes a tuner here and does work on a lot of tuners cars..... he may be able to help you.
you can reach him via 737 -2330

Trojanman
Riding on 13's

Postby Trojanman » July 26th, 2018, 11:56 am

Well boy I thought that myself bcuz I don't even know what that meant! SMH his exact words was that bcuz the transmission got stucked on one gear it caused the transmission to 'burn out' and made it overheat! I found it strange but being a dunce about these things I took his word for it but thanks anyway bro I'll contact Anil and see.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 26th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Trojanman wrote:Well boy I thought that myself bcuz I don't even know what that meant! SMH his exact words was that bcuz the transmission got stucked on one gear it caused the transmission to 'burn out' and made it overheat! I found it strange but being a dunce about these things I took his word for it but thanks anyway bro I'll contact Anil and see.

ok so if the transmission stuck in one gear -it essentially only operating in one gear.

if you run the gear too much the friction material on the clutch bands will start to break down - and deposit into the fluid.

heres the funny part. the transmission is also routed to the radiator to help cool it. so if the oil gets hot it cools down thru the radiator.

not withstanding if the heat is to that degree that radiator cant cool the transmission enough the clutch will cook off and clutch bands will go tru and thats the end of the transmission.

how does a damaged transmission cause the engine to overheat and warranting a head and block change thou..??

talk to anil.
he may be able to help u.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”