TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

*** Ask All SR gear box questions in here ***

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Re: *** Ask All SR gear box questions in here ***

Postby TurboSingh12 » July 6th, 2015, 11:51 am

Ted_v2 wrote:So what needs to replace the rear bracket?
It's a manual p11 crossmember I'll need to buy.

I have a Qg crossmember already modified for a Sr box if you interested.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 6th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Okay cool. Looking at what's needed really and what's associated with the swap.

yakuza
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby yakuza » July 6th, 2015, 12:19 pm

You'll need:
P11/U14 gearbox
P11/U14 gearbox mount
B14 SR rear gearbox bracket

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » July 11th, 2015, 9:56 pm

In my days the rear bracket was a killer to find. Remember sifting through real iron in the bamboo

nismaniac
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: clutch

Postby nismaniac » April 8th, 2017, 4:06 pm

GameOver wrote:hope you get answers to your questions.. i also have one
i have a sr18 non lsd hydraulic box mated to a sr20. when I was doing install i could not find the replacement clutch disc. Bobby's in the bamboo said that its not the big but not the small spline.

is there a 3rd size.?

i would like to get an ACT heavy duty pressure plate & street/strip clutch plate. Clutch really slipping now!!

Did you ever find a replacement clutch.....Im in the same problem, what did you do.
Thanks

GameOver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GameOver » April 8th, 2017, 9:54 pm

Nismaniac, I got the old clutch disc lined at Trinidad Brake in barataria.

princejada
Street 2NR

Postby princejada » April 10th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Recently changed my clutch and pressure plate, hearing a knocking noies from the gearbox only when idleing and clutch is released.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » April 12th, 2017, 11:36 am

whiteboi wrote:Recently changed my clutch and pressure plate, hearing a knocking noies from the gearbox only when idleing and clutch is released.

Release bearing.

princejada
Street 2NR

Postby princejada » April 12th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Thanks

kai4576
Riding on 13's

Re:

Postby kai4576 » April 19th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Picasso wrote:Nissan
GTIR Synchromesh

After extensive research and development we finally established the

optimum in synchromesh style gears available which were first introduced to the market late 2002.

We have incorporated a large tooth profile throughout all gears maintaining reliability and efficiency. 1st gear is similar in size to 1st used in our GTIR dog gearset which means good news for those people that love to really take off.

The entire gear train has been made with a helical cut to reduce noise and increase strength.

As can be viewed, 2nd gear has the largest tooth profile possible with respect to efficiency and reliability.

3rd and 4th have also been generated with a large tooth profile and are the same as in our half dog gearsets.

In order to supply our clients with only what they need and not increase the cost unnecessarily we supply the gearset with 1st to 4th since the standard 5th gear is sufficient, but for those people that would like to change 5th to a different preferred ratio or just for piece of mind, 5th is also available if need be.

PAR has designed the gearset in such a way that needle roller bearings are used on 3rd, 4th and 5th driving gears opposed to standard OEM which run straight on the shafts.

The gearset will fit the standard housing with no modifications .

The beauty of the synchromesh GTIR gearset is that it requires no maintenance and special driving style which is the same as the standard OEM gearset. What the biggest difference is that you don't need to worry about breaking or shredding gears as long as you have less than 450 break hp.

[img]http:187:302]http://www.par-engineering.com/images/nissangtirs_2.jpg[/img]

Nissan
GTIR Dog Change

The GTIR 1/2 dog gearset is made from EN36A case hardening alloy steel which is hardened and tempered through a special heat treatment process after the manufacturing stage and is a huge step up for the performance freaks who have screwed a lot more power out of their GTi-R engine. This gearset is suited for drag racing, circuit racing, rallying and hi performance use. If you like 'launching' your car off the line then this gearset will take all the punishment. The benefit of this 1/2 dog gearset is that the gears are wider than standard (to increase strength) with a larger tooth profile meaning that there is a lower number of teeth and each tooth is a lot thicker (to increase strength even more). Lightning fast gearchanges can be made without losing valuable time with this 1/2 dog gearset. This equates to the most power capable racing gearset available. The dog gears will be rated at around 650hp.
A 1/2 dog gearset is suited for people who want to launch off the line in anger while making lightning quick gearchanges from 1st to 2nd, just like a proper race car. A audible metallic 'clunk' might be heard when changing fast, but the engine will be a lot louder. With a little practice a GTi-R fitted with a 1/2 dog gearset will be no extra hassle being used as a regular street driven car. If you are serious about the horsepower output of your GTi-R, then this is the gearset to get. The dogs on this gearset were designed for maximum strength and durability, the end result is the biggest dogs that could possibly be made.

Image Image

NISSAN
SENTRA/SSS/SR20DET SYNCHROMESH

On the synchro gearsets there is a large tooth profile throughout all gears maintaining reliability and efficiency.

We have increased the width of 3rd gear to give it that extra strength with respect to efficiency and reliability, all gears have the largest tooth profile possible. This gearset will fit in the original housing with no modifications, original bulk rings and sliders and hubs will be used. Customers need to be aware that although they have a tougher gearsets it does not mean they can be more aggressive on the gearstick and damage the bulk rings and shift forks etc. All components are machined out of billet steel, the best of materials, the gears are made from an alloy, high tensile, chromoly tool steel designated by the code EN36A. Heat treatment involves case hardening which means the core is strong but still ductile and the case is hard to handle meshing.

NISSAN

SENTRA/SSS/SR20DET DOG CHANGE

The FWD SR20DE full dog box is the thing to have when you have turboed the N/A SR20DE or have installed a U12 Bluebird/U13 Bluebird/GTi-R turbo engine into your FWD Pulsar, Sentra, SE-R, NX Coupe (or anything with a FWD SR20DE). The dog gearset is made from EN36A case hardening alloy steel which is hardened and tempered through a special heat treatment process after the manufacturing stage. This is a dog (1st to 4th gear) gearset with straight cut gears and will handle all the power your engine can supply. The dog gears are rated at around 600hp.

Where can I get this done. Need 3rd gear in an old non-lsd P11 small spline box repaired
Plz call 366-1665

nismaniac
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nismaniac » June 3rd, 2017, 9:27 am

Looking for the b14 rear sr mounting bracket. If you have one please pm with price

jvonlopez
Riding on 13's

Postby jvonlopez » June 6th, 2017, 12:05 am

anybody selling a sr20 or sr18? conversion included.

Mark 123p
Riding on 13's

Postby Mark 123p » November 1st, 2017, 7:02 pm

Good evening I wanted to find out what back bracket I can use. I have a sr20det and a big spline gearboc in a almera but I am not getting a back braket to work back

qamar_pakistan
Riding on 13's

Postby qamar_pakistan » February 14th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Hi guys,

I have QG18DE in my B12 with its own manual gearbox RS5F70A. I am not happy with that gearbox because its 1st and 2nd gear are too short even 3rd gear is also not as good as it shid be. Its launch is also bad, my engine locks at 6500 while the car is at 40km/h and 2nd gear finishes at 80km/h. Prior to that I was using side mount old model gearbox i think it was from CD20. In that box I was getting the perfect launch, in 1st gear 60km/h and 2nd 110km/h and 3rd also at 160km/h.
I want to know that can I use SR18DE gear box with my QG18DE and can I get the perfect launch? I mostly drive the car in city and very rare on long routes.
Please guide me...

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » February 15th, 2019, 10:01 am

qamar_pakistan wrote:Hi guys,

I have QG18DE in my B12 with its own manual gearbox RS5F70A. I am not happy with that gearbox because its 1st and 2nd gear are too short even 3rd gear is also not as good as it shid be. Its launch is also bad, my engine locks at 6500 while the car is at 40km/h and 2nd gear finishes at 80km/h. Prior to that I was using side mount old model gearbox i think it was from CD20. In that box I was getting the perfect launch, in 1st gear 60km/h and 2nd 110km/h and 3rd also at 160km/h.
I want to know that can I use SR18DE gear box with my QG18DE and can I get the perfect launch? I mostly drive the car in city and very rare on long routes.
Please guide me...

An Sr box cannot bolt on a Qg unless you make an adapter plate.If its performance and ratio you looking for go Sr turbo or VVL with a Sr16 big box

qamar_pakistan
Riding on 13's

Postby qamar_pakistan » February 15th, 2019, 4:49 pm

TurboSingh12 wrote:
qamar_pakistan wrote:Hi guys,

An Sr box cannot bolt on a Qg unless you make an adapter plate.If its performance and ratio you looking for go Sr turbo or VVL with a Sr16 big box

Thanks for the answer. Actually I have the second generation of QG18DE, some people says its USDM not JDM because it is having 2 O2 sensors. Its response is really quick and awesome comparable to first generation QG.
I love to get SR but unfortunately it is not available in Pakistan. One of known scrappy brought SR18DE the silver top cover but it is not complete and missing ECM, wiring and Air Cleaner box, MAF sensor. So I was asking this question that if i get the gear box from that SR18 and put it in my QG18 can I get some better acceleration then RS5F70A ?
63-IMG_2217.JPG
SR20 gear box may be

Last thing the bell housing/adapter plate I m currently having for RS5F70A cant fit on this gearbox shown above?

nivek
Sweet on this forum

Postby nivek » March 20th, 2019, 2:31 am

looking for a tranny to mate with a sr20vet from the xtrail..fwd lsd..type tranny also something good for 400ish hp..thanks

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”